+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next season -- gender role reversal

It's "T" right? James T Kirk
    I have been called a geek or a nerd many a times. But a trekkie. oop. A Trekker I am not.
    The first time I saw the promo for this season and they asked what Mr Spock was, I turned to my husband and said "He was a Klingon right? No. wait.. was he a Klingon?"
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Tiberious. And Spock was a Vulcan....

I am such a dork!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly;2211497;
    Tiberious. And Spock was a Vulcan....

I am such a dork!
    No you're not, I knew that, too. I used to think it would be fun to learn to speak Klingon.

I do think the gender role reversal would be fun, predictable, but still fun.

It won't be so much how the girls look, but how they dress or their hair colour that will classify them as geeks. It should be a nice change of pace.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;1790734;
    Let's be frank. What we are likely to get are girls who are not overweight. They will probably have bad hair, or glasses. or dress badly, and will probably be intellectuals. The producers will show the photos to some stylists, designers and doctor types, who will probably be able to determine that with hair styling and coloring, contact lenses, better clothes, and attitude adjustments, they will be passably pretty girls, if not supermodels. Mainly these will be girls who probably just never bothered, because they don't dare include girls who need surgical work or serious weight loss or psychiatric counseling. At least one will be an absolute hottie underneath whatever state she's in initially. At least one will be a member of Mensa.

The guys will be surfer or skater dudes, muscle beach/gym bums, male models, and other types of metrosexuals--limited of course to the dumb bum kinds, not the corporate successful kinds. At least one, but no more than half, will be insensitive lunkheads, like the pretty boys they get for the Average Joe shows. At least one will be a total lothario, who will come on to multiple women, perhaps even before any transformation.
    Absoluely. No question in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2213218;
    No you're not, I knew that, too. I used to think it would be fun to learn to speak Klingon.
    Thank you! I am in good company.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    On last night's show they were recruiting people for the "next" season, and they were asking for female beauties and geeky guys so far as I could tell. I've seen no ads for a gender reversal recruitment.

that's great idea , i'll happy to watch it

wait just a sec, does this mean cecille could be back next season as an"ugly", hehe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12