+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Second Season set to start January 12th

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

Second Season set to start January 12th

The "unusual" game of strip poker in Vegas should be interesting!!

Beauty And The Geek Returns To The WB

The WB's breakout hit reality show, "Beauty And The Geek," will return for its second installment on Thursday, January 12, (9:00-10:00 PM) with eight episodes, it was announced today by the network's President, Entertainment, David Janollari.

“Ashton and Jason have built a business out of producing unique, provocative television, and the second installment of ‘Geek’ delivers on all levels,” said Janollari. “Viewers will love this cast from the moment they see them, and having a show like this will also allow us to rest ‘Everwood’ so it can finish the season with a long stretch of original episodes. We also plan to double-pump ‘Geek’ in the Friday eight o'clock hour, a strong sampling opportunity that will also enable us to finish the season with a fresh string of ‘What I Like About You’ episodes.”

The producing team of Ashton Kutcher and Jason Goldberg (“Punk'd”) recruited a new group of eight women who are academically impaired and eight men who are brilliant but socially challenged. The second installment will remain true to the series' first season format, pairing up couples for a chance to win a $250,000 grand prize. This time, however, each mismatched pair competes in brand new activities designed to test intellect, fashion savvy and social skills. The guys are assigned to makeover a room, while the girls do their best to assemble a computer. There's a karaoke session for the men, and a political debate for the ladies. The girls also do a makeover on the guys, then let them test out their new looks during a session of speed-dating. Finally, the whole group travels to Las Vegas for a highly unusual game of strip-poker.

During these competitions, the geek tries to pass his brains on to the beauty, while the beauty tries to turn the geek into a hottie. At the end, each contestant comes out a changed person, and everyone has their eyes on the prize of $250.000.

From Fox 21 produced by Katalyst Films and 3 Ball Productions with executive producers Ashton Kutcher & Jason Goldberg (“Guess Who,” “Punk'd”), Nick Santora (“The Guardian,” “The Sopranos”), J.D. Roth (“The Biggest Loser,” “For Love or Money”), Todd A. Nelson (“The Biggest Loser,” “For Love or Money”) & John Foy (“The Biggest Loser,” “For Love or Money”).

link
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Thanks for the heads-up cafegirl! Count me in!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

In the "supposed" warm south where it's been cold for weeks.
    YAY!!! I saw the commerical advertising it during Related (yeop, I watch that show) Monday night! I was so excited to see that it will be back very soon! It looks like the guys are much more "geekier" this season. Cannot wait for January for Beauty and the Geek and The Bachelor, only 3 days apart!!!

I LOVE it!!!
    "A couple minutes ago, I was depressed about the gap. I'm like, forget the gap, sucka, I'm going to Thailand."
    ~Danielle (Season6 ANTM)

+ Reply to Thread