+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 7/06 Finale Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Wanted to see Richard and Mindi win partly because Ricahard was such a geek. I was very impressed with his piano playing regardless if some posters thought that he played too fast. I can't even play chopsticks. That and the ability to write a song for Mindi, which was incredibly sweet. The only problem with Richard is that he is so stuborn and can't see the need to open up and try new things even if they seem stupid to him, out of all the contestents I felt that he had the least personal growth. He really needed this experiece the most and I do see why Chuck was irritated with him. I also think that with he sense of humour he has a very powerful weapon that he probably used against alot of kids while he was in high school. I sincerely hope that Richard can relax and open himself up to new possiblities and personal growth and learn to stand up straight, he has horrible posture and carries himself like Erkel and not a young man and please, please get rid of the awful pleated pants, that with his posture make him look proportionality huge on the bottom and stooped on top. Best of luck Richard.

I was pleased with this series. Chuck and Richard were so opposite -- physically, temperamentally, in every way -- that they made perfect nemeses. It could not have worked out better if it had been scripted.

I did like Mindy better than Caitilin, so I was slightly disappointed that she and Richard didn't win, but overall it was good. I did enjoy Richard's piano playing, and Chuck's martial arts. We figured out who won because they kept intercutting diary entries where Chuck and Cait looked so happy and relaxed that we realized they had won long before the final showdown.

Before this show started, I thought the premise was completely lame, and that it was going to be really stupid. Then I watched the first show, and was hooked. I'm sorry that we didn't get to know more of the contestants, though.

I had thought that I was rooting for Chuck and Caitilin, but I realized after the fact that I really wanted Richard and Mindi to win. Oh well, C&C aren't Jonathan and Victoria from TAR, so I can handle it.

I hope that if/when this show returns, the WB keeps it as a summer series. I like having new things to watch in the summer, and airing something too often is generally a sure way to kill it. And I can't wait for the reunion. I wondered how Chuck felt when he discovered that Scarlett just wasn't that into him?

I was very impressed with his piano playing regardless if some posters thought that he played too fast. I can't even play chopsticks.
    Well, I was mostly being tongue-in-cheek when I said that. My only point was that he was being flashy and showing off, rather than playing true-to-style. If he played that in a competition, he'd be torn to shreds.

He clearly has quite a bit of ability on the instrument, though. No denying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I think kiss #2 was Scarlett.
    I think Scarlett escaped him completely. It must have been the loser woman before her.

I was channel surfing last night and landed on Punked and saw Richard participating, he was acting as a guest at a famous LA night club and they even said his name 'Richard Ruben' and that he was on the list. Must have been before the clothes makeover cause he was wearing those horid pleated khakis that made his but look 3 times as big.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardaway
    You know, I'm really going to miss this show. I tuned into it because there was nothing else on, and expected to just hate it. I was so surprised when it turned out to be not exploitative or ugly or over the top--just endearing and addictive! These are people I would be friends with, and it was wonderful seeing them develop and grow--and acknowledging the things they learned. I'm sad that it's over (but I'm soo going to watch the reunion!), and wonder if there will be another season. I really liked it!
    I didn't begin watching until the halfway point and really was surprised. I kept reading good reviews so I tuned in and I was hooked. Really wished I had watched from the beginning.
    Great show - so surprised it came from Ashton but then maybe he does have some brains in there, since I hate Punkd. I hope this show doesn't get predictable or showy - liked it just the way it was.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345