+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Richard & Mindi

Quote Originally Posted by babymay
    does anyone else think she looks just like Mindy Stearns of the first Gilligans Island?
    I do! I think it's their smiles.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

The makeover was a total bomb for Richard.. he looked exactly the same
    It's like my mamma always said--Cow manure is cow manure, no matter how much whupped cream you put on it.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder
    It's like my mamma always said--Cow manure is cow manure, no matter how much whupped cream you put on it.
    That's hilarious, Newf! I was so disappointed in the actual result of Richard's "makeover" after all that hype!
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

FORT Fan
    Richard has got-to-go. Is it just me, or does anyone elese think that the more time that passes the more cocky he seems to get?

Richard reminds me of my sister's ex-(thank GOD!!)husband.

The guy was a total misfit with our family--we had nothing in common and he treated my sister like crap. Nevertheless, we still allowed him to come to family gatherings because it was the only way we got to see my sister.

And so with Richard. I can tolerate his antics because I am so smitten with the lovely Mindi.

Our friend, Richard Rubin, was just on Punk'd. Ashton was punking Jermaine O'Neal from the Indiana Pacers, by not letting him in Allen Iverson's party at a club. The bouncers kept saying he needs girls to be let him because he isn't on their list. Richard comes walking in, walks past the bouncer, turns around, says 'hi' to Jermaine and tells him he was thinking about buying the team. Jermaine obviously wondered why Richard was let in and not him and the bouncer told him that Richard invented Post-it notes and therefore he was rich.

Overall quite funny!

I too think that Richard has "put on" the geek character mask without being on the high end of intelligence.

I think he uses these antics to mask his personal insecurities....

He has many qualities (or lack of them) of geekiness that I think he assumed the role in school (and in life in general) as geek because he looked the part. Being further insecure he carries on with his additional goofiness.

I know many kids that do this in high school because they look the part. Kids that look bad, become bad so as not to show how dumb they are when they don't do their homework. Rather be bad than dumb.

I think poor Richard wears a huge mask and doesn't really know who he is.

I think Mindi is lovely and has pulled more than her weight in the challenges and the elimination round. Stupid? Far from it. She has emotional IQ as she told Richard last night: I just want you to be more aware of yourself in social settings.... because it is obvious that he has no internal monitor that tells him how a group is reading him. This is essential and she knows it.
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

Quote Originally Posted by starlett
    Richard has got-to-go. Is it just me, or does anyone elese think that the more time that passes the more cocky he seems to get?
    No, it's not just you. I hadn't seen this show at all until I caught a marathon on the WB last night, and I couldn't believe how quickly Richard got on my nerves. He's obviously socially inept, he's NOT funny, and his whole obnoxious shtick is annoying as all hell to say the least. I pray he doesn't win this week, but I have a sinking feeling he will.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    Aren't we all . . . aren't we all.
    Um, no...

FORT Newbie

Richard and the girls makes the show

To all those Richard bashers... can you imagine this season without a "Richard"? Granted, many of the girls are very interesting (Mindi, Cait, Lauren, first blond girl), but most of the guys are not very memorable. They seem to be the quiet, introvert types. That does not make for good TV.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast