+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Richard & Mindi

To whomever (or their wife) said Nebbish - that was exactly the word I thought of when seeing him.

And annoying

And attention-grabbing.

Chuck is spot on - Richard is in it for the attention, the others at least seem like they are taking the premise seriously and looking for change, or at least taking that first step toward self-evaluation and growth. Richard is mucking it up for the others. He's acting like he just hit puberty.

Richard is very annoying and I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they made it very close to the end...isn't that usually the case, the ones who are the most annoying, immature, etc. are what the networks look for to keep the show going. Granted it gets old sometimes.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder
    Too much yapping about attention-hound Richard.

Not enough about Mindi.

She's the star of this show, and the cutest, most natural looking of the bunch. My wife and I think she looks like Robyn Lively (also cute and natural looking). She seems genuinely sweet. Who can blame her if Richard annoys her a bit.
    Touche'! Mindi is also saving her team during the elimination round! Richard manages to annoy others and humiliate himself so as to be picked for elimination, and Mindi picks up the pieces! You GO, GIRL!!
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

FORT Fogey
    Richard is such a total geek, I don't think he is very intelligent.

I remember we had similar false geeks in high school. They walked around like they owned the world. One guy walked around with his head tilted towards his left shoulder because he said he thought better that way. (Honest to god.) At any rate, in 11th grade, they pulled out the IQ tests that a lot of us were told to take and dag-nab-it -- the guy with the tilted head didn't pass the 130 threshhold to get into the AP classes!! And he was a straight A student!

Apparently, if you are not a high IQ person but you study ALOT, you can make very good grades -- but you will still not do well on IQ tests because you simply aren't that smart. My fellow student was one of those!! He studied a lot! He tilted his brains in the right direction! He simply wasn't all that smart!

I see Richard this way. He has not paid attention to what others think of him. He wants to be the clown even though it is irritating everyone. Richard really is a super-geek, and I think it has nothing to do with his intelligence.

gracie. I can just picture him tilting his head to the side! There was a 'geek' in my highschool that was similiar (and looked remarkably like Richard). He wanted to own the world, and was so obnoxious in doing it! He even went to summer school to take extra courses to catch up to me (I was 2-3 years ahead of grade level in math, he was 1-2). It annoyed me so much, he was so rude and obnoxious about everything. I can see Richard being the same way. He's not pretty, but wants to stand out so he studies and tries to be smart - but is frustrated because it isn't natural to him and he has to work at it, at the expense of social skills, which drives him o the books more so he has something to lord over others.

Mindi - "Sorority Girl"
    Hometown: Lee's Summit, Missouri

Currently a student at the University of Missouri, this 21-year-old is majoring in Special Education, with the hopes of becoming a teacher. In her free time, Mindi loves to watch movies, "Top Gun" and "Big Daddy" being her two favorites.
    She is too young for me but we share a lot in common(location, college & working with kids)

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Oy vay.. Richard would last about a nano-second around me. He's wayyy too much, and I feel bad for Chuck AND Mindi. He is purposefully annoying Chuck, and unfortunately...Mindi has to absorb the backlash of his antics.

The makeover was a total bomb for Richard.. he looked exactly the same. I wasn't impressed at all. Maybe it's cuz he continues to walk like a daddy-longleg.

Also, the dinner date. Oh my. Started out with the 'asking one of girls out'.. what a tool! "I'm feeling ill".. well, you SHOULD, ya neo maxi zoom dweebie!!

He's on my last nerve. Can't wait to see him handed his walkin' papers.

Oh, I'm totally curious to know if he actually MEANT it when he said he'd give Mindi the 250K. What's THAT all about??
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Oh, I'm totally curious to know if he actually MEANT it when he said he'd give Mindi the 250K. What's THAT all about??
    Maybe it's because if they win it's all thanks to Mindi and in spite of Richard's antics? Plus, all he seems to want is the attention - and he's getting it, not to mention the daily fee.

Mav - ITA - that "makeover" did nothing! They could've just handed him a new pair of jeans and it would've been the same thing.

Really though, with Richard, it's not even so much his face: it's the way he carries himself, his posture, his gestures, etc. that increase the "freak factor," imo. He stands like a duck and walks like Groucho Marx. I almost start feeling sorry for him and then he does something stupid - like the firing squad get-up - and all my sympathy goes out the window.

I'm with Chuck - he's clearly not learning anything or listening to anything the others are trying to tell him. I was when he said he'd go steal Scarlet from Chuck. Uh-huh.... we'll be watching for that one, Rich
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

How is he looking any different???
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast