+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Richard & Mindi

Totally ripped off Jase from BB5 with the "I want to join an alliance" sign.

Mindi is really pretty.

FORT Fogey
    Richard is very very annoying. I totally pity Mindi because he's really an annoying partner. I get the feeling he isn't so annoying in real life because some of the other players seem to like him, but on film he's really annoying.

Mindi totally saved the team tonight!!

I think Chuck really nailed Richard tonight. I agreed completely with his observation that maybe it's easier for Richard to be laughed at for being clown than for being himself. I find him more than annoying - he really seems like he has some mental problems. I wonder what his family is like.

Also - anyone else think he's got a little Groucho Marx walk going?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

H2O
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I think Chuck really nailed Richard tonight. I agreed completely with his observation that maybe it's easier for Richard to be laughed at for being clown than for being himself.
    I agree that Chuck correctly identified that Richard is more comfortable with the role of clown, than just being himself. In Richard's defense, I'm sure that's the way he has handled the world for most of his life so revamping that view would be tough. However I don't think that Richard "gets" that being himself is what Chuck is driving at.

I was impressed that Richard went for a kiss from Krystal and found her head turn completely understandable.

In Richard's defense, I'm sure that's the way he has handled the world for most of his life so revamping that view would be tough. However I don't think that Richard "gets" that being himself is what Chuck is driving at.
    If that's the way Richard has handled himself for most of his life, he IS being himself. We may not like it, the others on the show may not like it, maybe his own mother doesn't like it, but he is who he is.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I know quite a few people like him, and they're all comfortable being the way they are. No matter HOW quirky and oddbally they seem to all of us "regular folks". Whatever "regular folks" are like.

The makeover will interesting to see! But, I highly doubt he'd keep up a different look, even if it is better. He's comfortable in HIS skin. More power to him.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie
    I know this comes from him being some sort of actor, but I think I'll throw a brick at the TV if I see one more fake "stage gulp" from Richard when confronted with a situation he's not comfortable with.

FORT Fogey
    I thought it was funny when Richard was clothes shopping for Mindi and he described her as being "about my size but she sticks out in different places." (Paraphrased because I can't remember the actual sentence!)

Also, I noticed they are actually sleeping on two beds but they are placed close together. I wonder if the sleeping arrangements are like this in all the rooms?

Lurky McLurkington
    In the glittery & glamorous city of Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I wonder what his family is like.
    I was also totally wondering what his family is like...if he turned out like THIS?! I mean, how in the world do you grow up and become him?! Is it even possible??

I never considered that he might be faking it until I read this forum.

I too HATE the smearing mud on the nose bit. He is totally wearing on my nerves, I feel bad for Mindi. She has to live with him AND be his partner. Poor girl. I think his wacko behavior will get them eliminated.

Lurky McLurkington
    In the glittery & glamorous city of Chicago
    Oh and don't even get my started on his pants. They're like 4 sizes too big for him AND PLEATED!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast