+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Richard & Mindi

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents
    I love the show but I wonder if Richard is a "plant", sometimes he comes across too geeky to be true.

BINGO.

The producers wanted a "real" geek? This is exactly what he is giving them.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I am willing to give the guy a chance, unless the conversation turns to broccoli...

"He is still single and looking for a girl with Marilyn Monroe's looks and Albert Einstein's brains."

To quote Bernard Shaw, he will likely end up with a girl with Albert Einstein's looks and Marilyn Monroe's brains.....

and yes I know Marilyn was brighter than the character she played in the movies, but Albert always looked Goofy.....

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    One of the reviews I read about the show (I think AOL, not sure), said Richard wants to be an actor. He reminds me a lot of the David Deshel (sp) person on Average Joe.
    A Thespian on reality tv who'd of guessed....

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    This is my favorite couple out of all of them.

Is anyone else alarmed by the fact that she wants to be a teacher? You're supposed to know more than the kids you teach, so special ed is just about right

I agree that, physically anyway, Richard is really the only one who's a sterotypical geek. After that little meltdown he had over "messing up" the dance routine, I wonder just how much pressure this guy had on him to succeed growing up.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents
    I love the show but I wonder if Richard is a "plant", sometimes he comes across too geeky to be true.
    he cracks me up, but I was thinking the same thing.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Yeah, I can't get past the "he's acting like a plant" idea every time he's doing something. Although, I have seen really geeky guys like him, the whole David Dacshle (sp?) debacle, has tarnished it slightly for me.

If Mindi is serious about getting this guy spit-shined, she needs to immediately address the issue of tucking everything into his pants!

This especially cracked me up;
    Richard likes to play the piano, read and "imitate people that nobody knows."
    If you're imitating someone that nobody knows..............what's the fun in that? I guess it's just another way to be a 'perfectionist', cause nobody will know when you're screwing up.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I am not a fan of this guy, and like the others here - find him to be the 'plant'. Not knocking any of you folks that went to Brandeis, but when I think of top univeristy I think Ivy, Williams, Stanford, Brown etc - and at my University (a top university) well, Brandeis was for those who 'thought they were smart but really weren't' - we associated it with stuck up wannabes. (again, no offense, just how it was perceived at a school of TRUE nerds )

Mindy was well, if not smart at least savvy - she told him to ham it up knowing that that is what the audience would respond to. I think Richard may be controlling and a ham, but not a true 'geek' (although, none of them are 'true geeks' if you go by the meaning of the term I'm used to - A carnival performer whose show consists of bizarre acts, such as biting the head off a live chicken. (from dictionary.com))

I'm not sure if anyone here used to watch Boy Meets World,but back when it first started (say 10-12 years ago) and they were really young,there was this little boy that would sit infront of Topanga and he had glasses and whore a cape to school. THIS GUY REMINDS ME OF HIM SOOOO MUCH! I can see this guy wearing a cape to an elimination ceremony!

Like everyone else here, I immediately thought Richard just has to be a "plant". If not, Lord have mercy on this dude. Just damn!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast