+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Chuck & Caitilin

  1. #31
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,340
    I completely agree with what Chuck says in his assessment of Richard. I'd get sick of that cr@p too.

    BUT - I almost felt like Chuck cheated in the phone number challenge. If he didn't actually cheat, then he chated himself. At the end when he was talking about how he now felt as if he'd be able to ask a woman for her phone number with more confidence, I was thinking, "Yeah, Chuck, pretending you're gay is going to get you lots of dates!" He was so uncomfortable with any of those women thinking he might be interested, that he had to make up the gay persona. That may get you phone numbers, but it doesn't get you dates, Chuckie. He also totally bombed at dinner with Scarlet. They need to give the guys conversation lessons!

    I thought his make over was just so-so.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  2. #32
    Lurky McLurkington
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    In the glittery & glamorous city of Chicago
    Age
    33
    Posts
    225
    I thought I saw hair through his undershirt?? Ew. I was also not impressed with his 'cover story'; if he really felt more confident in himself, he wouldn't need one.

  3. #33
    FORT Fogey psucashcow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania ...Is it Spring yet?
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I completely agree with what Chuck says in his assessment of Richard. I'd get sick of that cr@p too.

    BUT - I almost felt like Chuck cheated in the phone number challenge. If he didn't actually cheat, then he chated himself. At the end when he was talking about how he now felt as if he'd be able to ask a woman for her phone number with more confidence, I was thinking, "Yeah, Chuck, pretending you're gay is going to get you lots of dates!" He was so uncomfortable with any of those women thinking he might be interested, that he had to make up the gay persona. That may get you phone numbers, but it doesn't get you dates, Chuckie. He also totally bombed at dinner with Scarlet. They need to give the guys conversation lessons!

    I thought his make over was just so-so.
    I agree. Chuck won the challenge by doing something legal but not ethical. Creating a fake persona was not excluded from the possible approaches for getting numbers, but for Chuck to then state that the experience was going to help get phone numbers in the future!!! The only guy who really did well and came out more confident was Bill. And I'm glad.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

  4. #34
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    112
    Chuck is starting to bug me a little bit. Lighten up buddy and while I think Richard is an idiot enough with the dime-store diagnosises.

  5. #35
    FORT Fogey AIWANNABE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Big Brother House
    Posts
    9,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasteroven1973
    Chuck is starting to bug me a little bit. Lighten up buddy and while I think Richard is an idiot enough with the dime-store diagnosises.
    Totally agree. Though Richard is annoying, Chuck is way too condescending.

  6. #36
    JR.
    JR. is offline
    Drummer / Model JR.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    42 22' N 71 2' W
    Age
    43
    Posts
    6,937
    I can't blame Chuck too much, I think he's shown a lot of restraint. He's had to spend a lot of time with that spaz. I definitely would've snapped Rich's annoying little neck and burried him in the woods like a turd.

  7. #37
    For Your Entertainment lobeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Age
    49
    Posts
    14,903
    Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    I can't blame Chuck too much, I think he's shown a lot of restraint. He's had to spend a lot of time with that spaz. I definitely would've snapped Rich's annoying little neck and burried him in the woods like a turd.


    I would have been more than happy to help you, JR...

  8. #38
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    112
    After a point you have to ignore someone like Richard in my opinion. He is an annoying little spaz and a good bit younger then Chuck. I would have told Richard off once and then did my best to ignore him and interact with him as little as possible. He allowed Richard to exasperate him way too much and was too heavy handed. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Toasteroven1973; 07-08-2005 at 12:44 PM.

  9. #39
    FORT Fogey Glitternerfball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    858
    Well, Chuck stated why he couldn't stand Richard - he hit too close to home. Richard was reinforcing a stereotype that Chuck no longer wanted to be seen as. When he saw Richard, he saw himself in highschool before the martial arts and meditation helped him out. It's a hard thing to overcome. sometimes when I see people that are in situations I escaped from and they don't have the strength to do the same, I also let frustration set in. I don't blame chuck - and am happy that he at least tried to get to know Rich and help him out a bit at the end.

  10. #40
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1

    Caitilin

    In curiosity (and response to Teeny) I looked up the name Caitilin. It is actually an early modern Irish Gaelic name.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.