+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Big Brother UK 2014 - Power Trip

Re: Big Brother UK / Celebrity BB UK

Are all the women models of some kind, there a few gobby mares that's for sure
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I watched the Launch Party and am heading into Night 1. My U.S. west coast ears are having a hard time understanding the accents especially when they talk over one another and the women all have such high voices. Anyway, I see the voting viewers played it safe with the first power trip awarding it to the oldest one, Pauline at 59. I think she made safe choices for reward and punishment as well. The Indian Gay I'm going to have a real problem understanding his speech pattern, but he is colorful - love the yellow jacket. Oh, there is an American woman there from her speech - the playboy bunny with brains. Do they allow foreigners in their house?

The host reminds me of Cat Deely in personality and speech pattern. Her, I enjoyed.

There is a CC option when the video first comes up. I'll try that once things calm down.

Wow, can you believe that hard-edged futuristic house? The only comfort spots are the beds. What is this...Dr. Who meets Alien?
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-06-2014 at 06:20 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I finally caught up on the launch party but saw on fb they into'd some new guests...cant wait to see that. I too am having a hard time understanding some of what Mark says. and yes it seems like everyone in there is HOTT. I ask this just about every year but does anyone know any websites that give synopsis of whats going on?

I love the look of the house. Interested to see how they will have to work for the pod and pool.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

There is often an American hamster in the house. Recent notables are Speidi (Spencer and Heidi) and The Situation. We are rarely represented well in the house although Adam from a few seasons ago was pretty cool.

I loath Cat Deely so I don't see the similarities. Emma, on the other hand, I adore. Until last season she hosted the BBBOTS after show.

Having watched several seasons of both British and Aussie Big Brother I don't struggle with the accent. However, Mark is a challenge.

I like this build of the house. I love clean lines. I also like the idea that it will make it difficult for them to really get comfortable. (With the exception of the Loo)
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Yes, Mark gives me the most trouble.

Mathew (in the punishment box) told them he has two bottles of water and two breakfast bars for food. They will let him out for toilet breaks - thank goodness. It is a 24 hour punishment.

ETA: Okay, I'm warming up to it. I'm now watching Night 1 Bit on the Side (brilliant, wish we had that) and discovered Mark is from Liverpool which may explain his more difficult accent along with the Indian intonations. I even heard one of the guys in the house ask him to repeat something as he didn't understand it.

I love that I don't know the celebrity winner on the panel. This is a hoot.

Oh, the host called the house the "Digital Digs." That seems so British. I'm such a foreigner, but having fun with it.

ETA2: On the second day, six more house guests will enter the house. From the way the hosts were talking, they might be returnees.
    They have to wait at the bottom of the stairs to be "invited" to climb them to approach the Diary Room which they enter with a palm print. Only Pauline gets her suitcase on night one, the others have to earn theirs. HOWEVER... I noticed a couple of the girls have already changed clothes twice - from their entry dresses to flannel comfort, and then Helen was in a green off the shoulder green gown when she was outside talking to Mathew in his cage. Conclusion - they must have had a carry-all delivered even if they didn't carry it in with them. Helen (the religious girl, right?) already has two (one male, one female) that she doesn't like, but she wouldn't tell Mathew their names.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-07-2014 at 01:49 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

They are really taking this Power Trip thing to the limit -- Pauline got to give Mark 5000, send Matthew in the box for several hours, and tonight she chose Helen to go straight to the finals (which could mean anything from Final 3 to Final 5, they often change when the public starts voting to win instead of to evict). And tomorrow she chooses someone to be added to nominations every week.

They are incredibly lucky that Pauline got chosen for this. If one of those vapid models were doing this, it would have been a complete failure, lol.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Oh, I don't have day 2 on my subscription yet. Sending Helen to the finals is very lucky for Helen as her straight laced views might have had her evicted first. She is the religious girl, right?

I agree that Pauline was not only the safe choice, but a lucky choice. The Bit panel thinks she is genuine and not playing games. They read a tweet from her son where he expressed his shock because she told him she was going on a business trip. LOL

Helen is the mom who slept with a celebrity. Danielle is the (fake) religious virgin.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Thanks...I'll identify the nose/boobs with Danielle now. I caught that there was a scandal in Helen's past, but not what it was.

ETA: Launch part 2 is up and I've watched the last 6 enter the house. Oh, my. Two gorgeous models - one male, one female...such competition of egos. Then the last who is a corker. She had fans with signs in the audience. She will stir things up. I'm up to the part where Pauline has to choose the guest who will fly to the end. This is SO different and such fun.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-07-2014 at 02:40 PM.

UK Big Brother does their premiere SO much better than US Big Brother. I'm loving the big production, the video packages, the mini interview with the host. It allows the viewers to get to know each contestant a little better before they go in. I'm living for the British accents too!

Boy were the six people entering on night 2 so drab in comparison to those that entered on night 1. The only one I could see myself liking at this point is Toya. I also like the young Chris from night 1 (he seems like he has a good head on his shoulders), Pauline, and Helen. I feel like I will either love or hate Tamara. Winston is quite attractive too. Too bad he has such a crappy personality.

+ Reply to Thread