+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Celebrity BB UK / Big Brother UK 2012

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Big Brother UK / Celebrity BB UK

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Yup, they all sleep in the same bedroom all season. There's no Head of Household with its own suite like the US. The housemates cast their votes to nominate each other for eviction in the Diary Room, and the viewers vote on who to save/evict. It's closer to the format of the first season of US BB, with nightly highlight shows. They give them tasks to perform almost every day, so there's no "down" days like half the week in the US version.

I wish ours were more like this.
    In the first season they used to give them week long tasks (I think that was for groceries), and daily tasks. Now, some of those daily tasks were on the corny and cheesy side (I recall one where they had to paint each other like wild animals and act out the parts in the backyard), but some were kind of cool. I can't remember if any prizes were involved, but at least it gave the contestants something to do. That's one reason I've grown tired of the US BB, although not enough to tune it out completely, but I wish they would give them more to do than lounge around and do nothing but be overconfident they're safe, whine that they're going home, or hook up. Or at the very least, the contestants themselves would be inspired enough to find stuff to do. I'd even take them playing hide and seek once in awhile!

I don't mind our HOH format. I feel like we would have missed out on a lot of great people if the viewers had a say. Dr. Will would have been one of the first to go in season 2. And the whole HOH would have added much needed drama to the cheery and congenial cast of season 1. But I think ours is the only edition that doesn't do that format of viewers voting anymore

Their house is pretty cool, though

The other benefit of giving them daily mini-tasks is that it justifies them having a nightly highlight show. It's an hour long every day, and it's even followed by an hour-long BB chat show (Big Brother's Bit on the Side) that shows more highlights, has interviews with evicted HGs, and has a rotating panel of ex-BB contestants and celebrities. It's usually hilarious. They're spoiled rotten over there.

Comedian Russell Brand first got exposure as an early host of the after-show several years ago. He was as demented then as he is now.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

I love the Uk Version and also the US.

Looking forward to the next season of both!

There are two twists right off the bat:

Big Brother 2012: Viewers get to vote in a “wildcard” housemate!

May 26th, 2012 by Sarah.

It’s been revealed today that when the new series of Big Brother starts on June 5th, viewers will get the opportunity to vote in a housemate from a choice of three “wildcard” candidates. The Daily Star reports that Big Brother’s Bit on the Side co-presenter Jamie East chose the three housemates himself, who are described as an “Indian Brian Dowling”, a Dr Who fan and a girl who’s nickname is ‘The Hurricane’.

Jamie added a few more clues about the identities of his wildcards, including saying one is a highly intelligent geek in his thirties who has long hair, a beard and wears a top hat.

He described the Brian Dowling-esque character as “a high maintenance receptionist who loves the spotlight”, and added he’s “funny but confrontational”.

Finally, ‘The Hurricane’ is a larger-than-life 20-something girl who producers originally rejected as fake. She apparently hates her nipples and hides sweets down her pants…

Of his wildcard choices, Jamie explained, “I went in with a plan to pick housemates that Big Brother would never put in the house. I think I’ve succeeded. I am so confident with my choices. I predict that whoever viewers choose will go all the way and make the final.”

We’ll meet the three housemates when Jamie hosts a special auditions show an hour before the launch of Big Brother 13 on Channel 5.
    Big Brother 2012: New housemates will have to nominate just minutes after launch!

May 28th, 2012 by Lisa McGarry.

Big Brother returns to our screens next week and it has been revealed that bosses have some more evil twists up their sleeves for the new summer series.

The reality TV show will run from June to August, when a celebrity version will then launch and it has been reported that the 16 lucky housemates will only get to chat to their new pals for a few minutes on the first night before being asked to nominate two for eviction.

The wannabes will have to make a big impression from the moment they arrive if they want to stay on the show and after all the nominations are received, phone lines will open to determine which hopeful will be evicted first.

The first eviction take place just three days after launch, on the 8th June, meaning one housemate will only get three nights in their new residence. A source told the Daily Star: “It’s an evil stunt but it will have a huge impact. Although they won’t realise it, their entrance into the house means everything.

“These people won’t have much to go on for reasons why they’re putting others up for the chop. But if they look sexy, flirt a little and turn on the charm that will help them hang on. If they behave like a diva or act like a prat then they’re going to be in the firing line.”

Does anyone have a link to these episodes? Im assuming the premiere was yesterday and I'd love to watch this leading into the US version.

This YouTube channel is hosting highlights from the show -- hopefully it's above-board and will stay up for the season:

BigBrotherUK13 - YouTube
    lilcountriegal likes this.

That house was pretty cool!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Sooooo glad Chris is gone!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Ultimately I am too, but I'm still sad at the nominations. Both he and Arron provide entertainment value, when there are several "dead weight" HGs (as Narinder said on BOTS) who are there merely because they haven't annoyed anyone enough yet. Chris got on my last nerve, but he was funny at times too.

I hope Ashleigh goes next, or Lauren. BB doesn't quite feel the same if a woman doesn't go first, lol.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Oooooo... I can hardly wait for Lab Rats!

Deana: The pretty Kardashian!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast