+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Big Brother 2009 (UK)

Celebrity Big Brother 2009 (UK)

Looks like an interesting season! There are several Americans in the house (info from Wikipedia):

Ben Adams: Ben Adams is a former member of boy band A1.

Coolio: Artis Leon Ivey, known by his stage name Coolio, is a rapper.

La Toya Jackson: La Toya Jackson is a member of the musical Jackson family.

Lucy Pinder: Lucy Pinder is a Glamour model. (Evicted Day 8)

Michelle Heaton: Michelle Heaton is a former member of band Liberty X.

Mutya Buena: Mutya Buena is a former member of pop group Sugababes.

Terry Christian: Terry Christian presented the TV series The Word. On Day 1, Terry became the first celebrity Head of House.

Tina Malone: Tina Malone plays Mimi Maguire in the hit show Shameless.

Tommy Sheridan: Tommy Sheridan is a Scottish politician, known for being embroiled in various legal battles, in particular with the News of the World.

Ulrika Jonsson: Ulrika Jonsson is a television presenter, best known for her work on TV-am, Gladiators and Shooting Stars.

Verne Troyer: Verne Troyer is an actor best known for playing Mini-Me in the film series Austin Powers.

Official Channel 4 Site

My friends in the UK say that so far, Coolio is a mad genius getting into everyone else's heads. And La Toya can't stop talking about how her ex-husband abused her. And, unlike his stay on The Surreal Life, Verne hasn't peed on anything inappropriate yet.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (UK)

Wow, cool! I'll have to check this out. Do they have live feeds? I didn't see anything that said so.

How do you get the feeds on this? I don't know any of the others but I think Coolio might be interesting to watch. And LaToya and Verne are as entertaining as they are annoying. It might be worth it!
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3273086;
    Wow, cool! I'll have to check this out. Do they have live feeds? I didn't see anything that said so.
    Yeah, but they made some changes this season. The feeds are no longer 24/7. The feeds now go on during the afternoon for about 3 hours and also at late night, after Big Mouth airs.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Huh...ok, thanks. Do you have to pay for them? I think I'll just check out the episodes for now, I guess.

From what I saw, the Big Mouth episodes are a waste of time. The current host is kind of a jerk. He's trying to be Russell Brand (who I think is overrated anyway) but can't even rise to that level. He's just obnoxious.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Lucy Pinder is out already?!?!?!? Now who are the viewers suppose to gawk at?

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3273364;
    Huh...ok, thanks. Do you have to pay for them? I think I'll just check out the episodes for now, I guess.
    Big Mouth is a show that goes along with Big Brother, kind of like BB:AD with our version of BB. It's kind of like a talk show, but the host is much more witty and sarcastic than Oprah, Ellen, Tyra, etc. Also there is much more interaction with the audience, and it only focuses on Big Brother.

Russell Brand (Forgetting Sarah Marshall) use to be the host of Big Mouth, but he quit after BB7. So they brought in a new guest host each week all throughout BB8 and BB9. For this year's Celebrity BB, they finally got a pernament host. I forget what his name is though.

You can't watch the live feeds though the site if you live outside of the UK, I think. People in the US watch the feeds through other sites, like YouTube. So it's not really "live" feeds if you live in the US.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Ahh, Thank you CrossingGuard. I'm new to the whole international BB thing. But as you all know....extremely obsessed with our BB. I wish I could just turn on the TV and watch this one. For some reason watching online just isn't as appealing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3273878;
    Ahh, Thank you CrossingGuard. I'm new to the whole international BB thing. But as you all know....extremely obsessed with our BB. I wish I could just turn on the TV and watch this one. For some reason watching online just isn't as appealing to me.
    It just takes a little while to get use to... kinda like an acquired taste. It definitely doesn't appeal to some, but others really enjoy watching it.

I first watched and heard about BBUK during its final week in season 7. I was browsing through BBUS clips on YouTube, when I stumbled upon clips of this girls named Nikki. She's an absolute crazy, psychotic, eccentric, and bizarre character, and because of that, she caught my attention from the moment I saw her. I was wondering where she was from. It took me a while to see, but I finally figured out that she was from BBUK.

Well after that, I found out that there was another BBUK in the winter, except the winter BBUK is the celebrity version (except in '08, but I'll tell you about that later). I didn't really watch that one, but that season got widespread attention from everyone around the world with the whole race issue.

Then I tuned in for BBUK8, which aired in 2007. It has been called the worst season (or second worst, behind BBUK4) of the series, but I really had nothing to compare it to since I only watched one week of BBUK7. So I kept watching, and I kinda liked it, but I ended up dropped out halfway through. That's what usually happens with me when I watch international versions of BB. The closest I got to finishing was season 8 of Australia's BB, but I went to Costa Rica when that aired, and I got so far behind after that that I didn't even bother.

With the whole race issue surrounded Celebrity BB, it was canned in winter '08. Instead, they had a special Big Brother called "Celebrity Hijack," where celebrities would take the place of Big Brother. I didn't really watch that one either. But I saw a couple of episodes, and it was an absolute riot from what I've seen.

Then BBUK9 aired in summer '08, and I didn't really pay attention to that season just 'cause I didn't feel like watching. I watched a few daily episodes and kept up by reading updates online.

Now this year's celeb BB is airing, and I'm going to try and make it the first ever season of international BB that I watch all the way through. It's much easier, too, since winter BBUK only airs for about 3 weeks, while summer BBUK airs for the whole summer.

After getting into BBUK, I pretty much fell in love with watching reality shows from other countries. I don't mind watching them through the internet. I just kinda got used to it after a while.

Anyway, lovin' LaToya so far. I hope she wins. But Verne will probably come out on top, which I'm okay with.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast