View Poll Results: Who will be the winner?

Voters
49. This poll is closed
  • Adam by a landslide

26 53.06%
  • Ryan by a landslide

0 0%
  • Adam, but the vote will be close

12 24.49%
  • Ryan, but the vote will be close

11 22.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree278Likes

Thread: Big Brother UK (Channel 4) - 2006-2010

FORT Regular

Big Brother UK (Channel 4) - 2006-2010

In the UK, Channel 4 has two winter treats for Big Brother fans.

From Dec 20th, "Big Brother Panto" will bring ten former housemates from the last five series together to put on their own version of the pantomime Cinderella.

Over two weeks they will be filmed as they rehearse for the performance and live together in a specially constructed Big Brother apartment. The show airs on digital channel E4, repeated the next morning on youth strand T4.

Then from Jan 6th C4 will air an hour of Celebrity Big Brother every night at 9pm, with eight celebrities moving in to the house for two weeks. Producers are planning no concessions either - the glass fronted toilet and shower will remain in addition to the "evil" tasks.

Fanzine show Big Brother's Little Brother will return to accompany the Celebrity version, but moves from it's 6pm slot to 11pm.

Big Brother UK (Channel 4) - 2006-2010

'Unhappy' Shahbaz leaves Big Brother house

Stephen Brook, press correspondent
    Wednesday May 24, 2006

Big Brother contestant Shahbaz Choudhary, who threatened to kill himself on air, has left the house.
    The 37-year-old was watched by psychologists after making the threat and last night left the set after consultations with producers of the Channel 4 reality show.

In a statement, a Big Brother spokeswoman said: "Shahbaz has decided to leave the Big Brother house. He was unhappy and finding it increasingly difficult to integrate within the group dynamic of this year's housemates.

"Of course, all housemates are free to leave at any time as they have in past years."

Choudhary had earlier told the other contestants: "I'm a dead man walking. I came to die on this programme, I'm going to prove it", prompting concerns about his mental state.

His departure came after a leading mental health charity wrote to Channel 4 to complain about the admittance of vulnerable people into the Big Brother house.

Dr Andrew McCulloch, the chief executive of the Mental Health Foundation, yesterday wrote to the Channel 4 director of television programming, Kevin Lygo, outlining the charity's opposition to Big Brother's treatment of mental health issues.

Dr McCulloch said the reality TV show had little regard for the health of the contestants and was reinforcing negative stereotypes of people with mental illness, feeding discrimination and making sufferers a "laughing stock".

In his letter, Dr McCulloch said: "Whilst I can only guess at Shahbaz's clinical condition, we are concerned that vulnerable people apparently continue to be allowed into such a high-pressured environment.

"This kind of programming can make individuals who are distressed a laughing stock and this will only seek to feed the discrimination that already impacts heavily on people suffering from mental illness.

"It is disappointing that Channel 4 seems to have little regard for vulnerable contestants in the Big Brother house. I should be interested to know what screening and welfare measures are in place to protect contestants."

The Samaritans also criticised the programme, saying it was irresponsible to keep a psychologically unstable person on the show for the purpose of entertainment.

While being unable to comment on Choudhary's individual case, a spokeswoman for the charity said it was "inappropriate to use someone who may be psychologically unwell as a form of entertainment".

"Anyone needing proper care and support should be offered it," she said.

http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcas...781858,00.html

It's certainly been a VERY eventful first week on UK BB7. I know only a handful on this site will have seen it but the events surrounding the contestant Shahbaz outlined in the Guardian article I posted have raised the issue of how well prepared contestants are for such shows. We are constantly told how they are screened by psychologists and that their mental health is a priority, so something has gone horribly wrong here. Interestingly another housemate has announced that they are also likely to leave. Any other examples of "vulnerable" reality TV contestants? I'd be interested to hear.
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

Chakos::Linkletter::Epley breezez_air's Avatar
    Nikki to win
    I don't wanna get fat like you
    Don't even believe in the F Word...FAT
    ...Perhaps you meant PEE AYTCH AY TEE
    Yeah...I did
    - Stacy Ann and Whitney- ANTM 10

FORT Fan

celebrity big brother uk 5

Did anyone watch it???
    what did you think about the huge rascism row???
    did it reach the news over in america???
    im sooooo glad shilpa won!

RETIRED!! Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I want!!

Re: celebrity big brother uk 5

Quote Originally Posted by anchalrocks;2245175;
    Did anyone watch it???
    what did you think about the huge rascism row???
    did it reach the news over in america???
    im sooooo glad shilpa won!
    No, no real talk of it here. However, I have just begun compiling the BBUK series as I can find them on line. One of the random shows I managed to download was the finale for BBUK S5. I was surprised Germaine Jackson was on there. I don't think I've heard anyone here mention his name in 10 years. It came down to him and Shilpa being the final two. The only reason I was familiar with her at all was the recent Richard Gear/Shilpa kiss controversy in India. BBUK it turns out is structured very differently from BBUS. We don't have the auxiliary shows like "Big Brother's Big Mouth" or "Big Brother's Little Brother." Not sure why, unless BBUK is just a much bigger hit there. The US version is very much competition/strategy oriented, whereas from what I've seen so far BBUK is not. The studio audience at the finale seemed to be embarrassed at whatever happened in the house and were almost unanimous in the delight that Shilpa won. When I have finished with BBUK S6 I'll probably go after S5 just to see what that was all about. I don't know what the ratings were in the UK for the BB celebrity thing, but here in the states the ratings last year for our BB All-Stars (former house guests as opposed to real celebs) were totally in the crapper. Some were even concerned it wouldn't be back this year because it was so bad. I've almost stopped watching the current TV lineup, because it's all BBUK all the time for now.

From the remarks I've seen from the other side of the pond, Janelle is a big hit over there. She is something less popular here. I find her just short of puke inducing.
    Last edited by Omar_X; 05-14-2007 at 05:41 AM.

Re: celebrity big brother uk 5

I disagree on just one thing..........I think Janelle was a HUGE hit here. She was definitely the most popular houseguest in her season and her the all stars. She won most of the America Choice comps. in her season. From what I have seen here at FORT I would say she is VERY popular.

FORT's Fiercest!!! Ruairidh1992's Avatar
    The reason that people were embarresed at the live finale is because there was an international race row about people bullying shilpa racially and Jade Goody (a former housemate who became a popular celebrity) lost her career since she was the one who started it.
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

Big Brother (UK)

Alright so I saw some other people talking about Big Brother UK in another thread and didn't want it to go entirely off topic and I haven't seen a thread for it around here or in the Big Brother (US) forum. So let's talk some Big Brother... please?
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

Re: Big Brother (UK)

I'm guessing that I'm one of those people who you're talking about.

But yeah, the show's awesome. I saw some clips of BB7, and I liked the show from that moment on. Nikki is one of my favorite reality cast members ever, even if I only saw clips of on YouTube.

I've been trying to follow the newest season of it on the internet. I'm hoping Sam or Amanda wins it. That would be awesome!

Re: Big Brother (UK)

Ya you were one of the ones

It is a really hard show to follow seeing that it isn't like the one in the states where each episode is about 4 days. Where as the UK version each episode is one full day from the morning to the night and there are about five or six episode a week. It can get very boring at times and it seems like there are hardly any competitions too. Carole, Chanelle, Tracey and Ziggy are my favorites. Although the twins don't bother me either
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast