Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Brother UK (Channel 4) - 2006-2010

FORT's Fiercest!!! Ruairidh1992's Avatar
    I want Kara Louise to win
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

Re: Big Brother (UK)

British TV network axes Celebrity Big Brother 2008

Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:30AM EDT

.LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's Channel 4 said on Friday it has scrapped next year's "Celebrity Big Brother," one of its most popular shows, in sweeping changes to its primetime schedule after being accused of "dumbing down" its content.

Director of Television Kevin Lygo said all but one of the programs currently shown at 9 p.m. will disappear from the 2008 line-up to clear the decks for new shows.

"It is time to be brutal with some much-loved shows in order, once again, to make way for the new," he said in a statement.

"Our ratings will almost certainly continue to fall, but the alternative is more of the same and that is not what the channel is about."

Channel 4, which has been accused of "dumbing down" its content, has faced intense speculation over its future, with some reports suggesting the government may sell it.

It was forced to apologies after a race row engulfed this year's Celebrity Big Brother and has been caught up in the recent scandal over TV phone-in competitions.

Thousands of viewers complained after Indian actress Shilpa Shetty was repeatedly abused by fellow housemates.

The show has previously given viewers the sight of Vanessa Feltz cracking up, George Galloway pretending to be a cat and Germaine Greer walking out over the producers' "bullying."

Channel 4's Head of Programs Julian Bellamy said the decision to drop Celebrity Big Brother would make room for 29 hours of new programmes.

It will cut its 2008 budget for American television series by 10 million pounds.

"These are the decisions of a public service broadcaster in search of the new and the exciting," Bellamy said.

Earlier this month, Channel 4 dropped all but one of its premium rate phone-in competitions after an internal inquiry uncovered found problems dating back to 2004.

http://www.reauters/news
    Reuters 2007. All rights reserved.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I actually heard about them axing CBB for next year, which made me sad because all the "Paris is going into the CBB house" turned out to be false. It would have been cool to see an actual A-lister go into a show like Celebrity Big Brother, because mostly all these celebrity reality shows have B-listers, C-listers, or maybe even D-listers. Take the Surreal Life for example (by the way, some Surreal Life castmembers have actually been on CBB). Who was the biggest star to ever join TSL? I would say Traci Bingham. Or maybe Janice Dickenson. And those two aren't big names.

Kara Louise and Tracey were evicted. And it was so close. Tracey got about 38.5% of the vote, and Kara got 30.8%. So that means Jonty got 30.7%.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT's Fiercest!!! Ruairidh1992's Avatar
    I'm gutted about Jonty surviving, I loved Kara I have to say my favourite BB UK contestant ever is Aislyene!
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

A Little Bit Dramatic PinkPositivee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ruairidh1992;2547557;
    I'm gutted about Jonty surviving, I loved Kara I have to say my favourite BB UK contestant ever is Aislyene!
    "Know yourself, little girl!"
    Aislyene was great, she or Glyn should have won that season, not the ever-predictable Pete.

Brian won.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm sad about it. I was really hoping the twins would win it. And the odds were stacked against him and favoring Samanda. So I thought the twins were really gonna take it. But Brian got it. Oh well.

But the thing is, at least it wasn't predictable. I've been lurking on other message boards, and fans are complaining about how predictable the show is. So that's one good thing.

Congrats to Brian! Even though I would have loved the twins to win, he was a great housemate. He always had his moments, starting all the way back to that quiz Big Brother gave him.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I think the way the voting is done may have had something to do with the percentage he won by. By stopping and re-starting the voting like that, rather then just cutting all off at one time, people who may have been voting for Jonty/Carole/Ziggy/Liam would then start to vote for their next favorite between the twins and Brian. I'm very curious if the outcome would have been the same if all voting was cut off at one time and the final two didn't get the runner-up supporters votes.

Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack started on Thursday. It's the new spinoff of Big Brother after C4 cancelled Celeb BB this year with the whole race controversy that happened.

I just watched it on YouTube. Oh wow, I was pleasantly surprised! It had me laughing so much. But poor John, the others just thought he was plain weird. The tasks that Matt Lucas had him do were really embarrassing. They had me cracking up so much though. My favorite one is probably when he had John shout out, "Cake!" to all the others.

My favorites are John and Calista. I like Calista because she reacted very well to John. She wasn't like some of the others, like Jay. Gosh, that guy has an attitude. I thought he was so mean when he gave John the cold shoulder.

I'm still trying to remember all the names. But it was definitely a great premiere!

Big Brother UK 11 (Final Season)

How to View BBUK9: Go on YouTube, and bigbrother9uk & dotcomboy11 already have the launch show up. I think bigbrother9uk has higher quality videos though.

So I don't think there will be much discussion of the British version of Big Brother here on FoRT, but I'm going to make this thread anyway.

The launch night was tonight, and I say it was pretty good. The little secret mission that Big Brother sent Mario, Lisa, Steph, and Luke was very interesting. If you haven't seen it yet, here's what they had to do:

So Mario and Lisa are a couple, and they entered the house first together. Luke and Steph were the next to enter, and right away Mario and Lisa told them about their relationship. Then Big Brother called them to the diary room and sent them all a secret mission: none of the other housemates are to find out that Mario and Lisa are a couple. Because of this, Big Brother created a cover story of Mario and Steph being a couple. So Mario and Steph have to act like a couple, while Lisa and Luke have to make sure that no one finds their secret. At the end of the show, Davina announced that on Sunday, Mario and Steph will have a real wedding in the house... or so they think.

Gosh, it's so devious! Especially the wedding part. If they fail the mission, the four of them (Mario, Lisa, Steph, and Luke) will be up for eviction. If they succeed, then all of the other housemates will be up.

I really don't know why Sylvia was booed. There was nothing wrong in her little video they played. The worst thing that she said in the video was probably that she's trendy/fashionable.

Early favorite: Kathreya! Oh my gosh, I love her already. She was so funny! She's going to be a great housemate, I already know.

If anyone else watches the show, please post here!

Re: Big Brother (UK) - Season 9

The Housemates

Alexandra

Dale

Darnell

(FYI: He is albino. And I think his family is black because in his introductory video, he said something like, "It's weird being the only white guy at the table." He was also raised here in America, so he has an American accent.)

Dennis

Jennifer

Kathreya (or Kat)

(This girl is my early favorite.)

Lisa

(She is Mario's real girlfriend.)

Luke

(He is part of the "fake couple" twist.)

Mario

(Lisa's boyfriend and Steph's fake boyfriend.)

Michael

(FYI: He's blind.)

Mohamed

Rachel

(She's another favorite of mine.)

Rebecca

Rex

Stephanie

(She is Mario's fake girlfriend.)

Sylvia

and Davina McCall (and the season's logo)

(She is the host of the show. She is really one of the best hosts I have seen on any reality show, ever.)
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 06-06-2008 at 01:47 AM.

+ Reply to Thread