+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother UK (Channel 4) - 2006-2010

Re: Big Brother UK 11 (Final Season)

I was thinking that it was because she was considered really boring. I actually disagree with that though. She may have been quiet, but I've found her interesting a couple of times. I loved it when she told Shabby and Caoimhe that she was getting tired of them and that's why she wasn't hanging out with them that much. She was also part of that whole row, with the two of them making fun of her dancing. Other housemates are more expendable than Ife was.

It's funny that Steve has a great chance of being nominated this week. Who woulda thunk it? Caoimhe is for sure getting nominated though, and if she doesn't save her ass like she has the past couple of weeks, she's definitely gone. Unless it's her and Dave, but I still think Caoimhe would go. I would rather John James go now though. Interesting charcter, but I'm just so tired of him! And I'm really scared that he'll win.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

It's definitely Cowmoomoo's time. Dave has endeared himself to the others too much. I think JJ isn't too far behind, though. He's squandering the free ride the viewers have been giving him.

Catching up to the last couple of highlight shows...why can't USBB be more like UKBB? Davina McCaw was funny. And all the Bens were a hoot, at least for a while. Ben & Corin doing "Goldfinger" was classic!

However, Ben was a pompous jerk during his fight with JJ. Ben really is out of touch with reality, and was indeed more concerned about TV than anything JJ had to say. But JJ didn't really have much to say either, so the whole thing was a pointless mess. Mario's solution was genius!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Speaking of that, can we talk about how hypocritcal Dave was when we complained about Caoimhe's wet shirt while he laughed at Mario's "solution" to JJ/Ben's fight? It's not like Caoimhe flashed her goods on purpose either. Added to that, it was Josie who splashed water on her shirt, who's now going around and turning the house against Caoimhe because she's supposedly flirting with a guy that she swore she didn't fancy, using (among other things) the wet t-shirt incident against her! How ridiculous!

One half of the nominations were expected, the other half was out of nowhere.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    It's Caoimhe and Rachel. I hope Caoimhe wins S/R and puts Dave up.

Yes, I would love if this year's BBUS would take some notes from this year's BBUK. It's ironic, because 1) I've always preferred our version, and 2) BBUK has been taking notes from our version for a while (HOH, S/R, etc etc). But this year, BBUK is far superior for many reasons. Just look at the diversity, for one thing! All we have is a bunch of unlikable houseguests who are getting rid of the likable ones quicker than ever. I really hope things turn around soon.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Dave's ability to let Mario's bits slide but not Caoimhe's chest comes from the fact that he's a total closet case. Mario sits by and watches while Dave practically makes out with Ben. It's just bizarre.

I missed the 2nd half of tonight's show, my stream went out after Cowmoomoo's crying jag and DR session. But it was probably just more of the Josie & JJ show.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Trust me, you did not miss much. I watched a live stream of the show, and it dragged on and on and on. Yup, it was more JJJ drama, and it was getting more tiresome to watch.

An interesting storyline that they should cover more is the Baron and the Baroness. Steve is coming off as a total creeper with Keeley. I read on a forum that he smelled her pillow. Uh, what? They need to show more of this, so that Steve will get evicted soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3992948;
    An interesting storyline that they should cover more is the Baron and the Baroness. Steve is coming off as a total creeper with Keeley. I read on a forum that he smelled her pillow. Uh, what? They need to show more of this, so that Steve will get evicted soon.
    Ha! Good, I was wondering if they could ever come up with a reason that sounded plausible other than "sorry mate, we're tossing you out of the lifeboat!"
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Since it was shown for the previews of next week, I won't consider the following a spoiler: Caoimhe left the house. Darn it, Caoimhe! Why couldn't you have pulled through at least one more week to win S/R for a third time and put up Dave or Steve?

The aftermath that followed was truly ridiculous IMO. Okay, these are spoilers ahead, but I know you keep up with updates, so...

Instead of having everyone nominate again, BB decided to nominate those with the next highest number of votes to go againt Rachel. So that meant Rachel, Keeley, and Corin were nominated.

But wait, John James got the same number of nominations! Where is he?

Well, BB decided to punish Keeley for a slight slip about nominations, which Steve brought up in the first place. But instead of getting a warning or a minimal punishment like the other HMs got in the past, she got a pretty harsh one that led to her nominations getting cancelled. One of her noms was JJ, so he scraped through.

They went ahead with S/R, but Keeley injured her ankle and the competition was thus cancelled. Now it seems that all three noms are staying put, which I find unfair for many reasons.

1) Rachel and Keeley would have put up JJ, which meant he scraped through again.

2) Rachel and Corin weren't at fault, but they still had no chance to save themselves like in the past.

3) They should have had all the HMs nominate again. Caoimhe was nominated by 7 of her HMs, so at the very least, those 7 should have gotten another say. Meanwhile, Keeley and Corin (and JJ) all got 2 nominations. That's such a low amount to get nominated.

Now I have to worry another week with Corin up on the block. Fortunately or unfortunately, I'm gone from Thursday to Monday, so I won't know who's gone until I come back. Hopefully it'll be Rachel, since she adds nothing to the show.

I've been away from the feeds for both shows all day, but I read about the developments. What a mess. And what's with all these people walking from the house in the UK? It seems so commonplace on that show, but it almost never happens in the US. Sure, people get ejected for breaking the rules or threatening someone's life, but they don't just quit! I wish Brendon and Rachel would quit our version...

I'm just settling down to tonight's highlight show now, just for the heck of it. All I've seen is some lame convo with Ben & Mario talking about Ben switching beds, trying not to hurt Mario's feelings or something.

Ben / Steve / JJ final three, anyone?
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

What do you mean "anyone"? It's only me and you here.

The view count of this thread is pretty high though. I bet people who don't watch the show are curious of how it works and drop by from time to time. But who knows.

Anyway, the eviction was cancelled. Whew, that's a relief. Now there might be a chance of Dave or Steve going home next.

Although I'm a bit worried that people will use Corin's tenacity in the S/R challenge as an excuse to nominate her next time. These HMs will find any little thing to nominate anyone. Personally, I thought it was sort of funny that she couldn't even get to the top without any competition. But I was a bit worried people would think she was selfish for continuing; turns out that it became a big debate on other boards: was she selfish, or was it funny how badly she just wants to be on the show?

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3996843;
    What do you mean "anyone"? It's only me and you here.

The view count of this thread is pretty high though. I bet people who don't watch the show are curious of how it works and drop by from time to time. But who knows.
    I'm one of those people I don't get UKBB (at least not that I can find), and I like to peak in every once in a while to see what's happening.

Keep up the good job you two!

+ Reply to Thread