+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother UK (Channel 4) - 2006-2010

Re: Big Brother UK 11 (Final Season)

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3940298;
    Watching the live eviction show -- my UK friends are hoping Sunshine doesn't go, but it doesn't look good for her. I kind of hope Shabby stays -- even though she's a total pill, she has some lucid moments, plus she's entertaining.

I don't really care for Rachael, so if she goes I'm fine, but I highly doubt it will be her.
    By now, I would think that the UK public would know to keep the people who have potential rather than people who don't, especially since this is the last season. But nope, I keep hearing chants of "Get Sunshine Out!"

I don't think Shabby has been more entertaining than Rachael has, so I'm still hoping it's Shabby. I don't dislike Shabby though; it's just that the other two choices would be worse. Why didn't Dave choose Govan? That would have been perfect.

I'm really, really liking Corin. When I can understand her, she's hilarious.

ETA: And she just did really well in her task! But it was Sunshine who had the classic line within their conversation: "But your girlfriend is a girl!"

ETA2: Oh gosh, Shabby was just declared safe. Whatever, same thing happened when I didn't want Stephanie to go the first week of BB9. At least Corin is still there.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 06-18-2010 at 06:43 PM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Yeah, Corin was a great liar! 13 whopping lies off the top of her head in a half-day is impressive!

Shabby is safe -- to be honest, it'll be tough no matter who goes -- especially since it should be Govan! Oooooo, I hate him I hate him I hate him...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3940371;
    Yeah, Corin was a great liar! 13 whopping lies off the top of her head in a half-day is impressive!

Shabby is safe -- to be honest, it'll be tough no matter who goes -- especially since it should be Govan! Oooooo, I hate him I hate him I hate him...
    Yes! Hate him too! That little... I won't even say it, this board won't allow it.

Stupid Dave!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Holy Moly! Rachael! Who'd have thought it! Especially with the crows screaming for Sunshine's head!

And they play a Beyonce song as she leaves the house!
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Very, very disappointed with the first evictee as Rachael. I think it's exactly what Davina said, with how women make up the majority of the voting demographic. They usually vote off the women who are young and beautiful early, even when they haven't done too much to offend people. It didn't help that Rachael's VT was all about her beauty (but really, they all say bad things in their audition, it helps them get on the show).

I see that this series is having a lot of twists that are based on other versions. First there was nominees being able to save themselves and put someone up in their place, sort of like the Diamond of Veto from BB4. It's sorta unfair that the winner gets sole power. They should just go for the person/people who have the next highest number of nominations. In that case, Rachael still would have been up... but Govan would have been also. Ugh, what could have been.

Then there was the taped goodbyes that Rachael got, like in our version again. Then she got to have some power to give someone a good day or a bad day. This is sorta like the Hand Grenade in the last season of Big Brother Australia, except with that, it was only bad things.

Anyway, the interview was really well done. I like the thing in the end, where viewers can give their opinion about/talk to the latest evictee. But most of all, I'm glad they did away with the panel.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 06-18-2010 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3940450;
    Anyway, the interview was really well done. I like the thing in the end, where viewers can give their opinion about/talk to the latest evictee. But most of all, I'm glad they did away with the panel.
    I liked the interview too, and the loose atmosphere with the audience, and the instant viewer feedback. It makes our show (and host) look so rigid, somber and repressed.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Hey, I like Julie! But I agree, I've never been much of a fan of the way our version does the interview. They're so quick. I like the way the UK (and other international versions, for that matter) styles their interviews and how interactive it is, even if Davina does flub a few times. She also shows her personal opinion too much for my liking (like when Rachel won BB9, Davina couldn't hide her disappointment). But I still like Davina, and she does a good job most of the time. Anyway, the interactivity of the interview probably has more to do with the fact that their version is still under the original format of the Netherlands show and ours is drastically different.

MFW, since it seems that it's only me and you, who are you currently liking?

I've liked Mario from the start, but he seems to be fading into the background now. I'm still rooting for him though. I like Corin too, although she's too chatty.

A lot of the others are in the middle tier: Caoimhe, Ife, Josie, Steve. Any one of them could elevate in my standings if they do anything notable. Maybe not Steve -- he's a nice guy and all, but he seems like he should be home drinking a beer and watching the World Cup.

I'm still trying to decide if there is really a guy named Nathan in the house, or if it's just a rumor spread by Davina. Hello?

I really liked JJ until he was so vile to Rachael the past few days, now I don't know. Ben is a posh twat. I kind of like Shabby, probably because I haven't seen her worst moments. Sunshine annoys me.

Dave and Govan need to be skewered and grilled, I can't stand them. They both need to go next.

And you?
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

We have the same taste in the people we hate! I'm a bit conflicted though... do I want them to be voted out, or do I want them to stay so that I'll have someone/some people to hate? Oh, to hell with it! Get Dave and especially Govan out!

Sunshine is annoying, but I still like her just because she's really interesting. At one moment she's endearing, the next she's stirring the pot. That makes for a good housemate.

Corin is my top favorite at the moment. I don't mind if she's chatty; it's probably for the best since I can only understand some words of hers here and there. I loved her confession the other day about her picture, where she said her face looked ironed.

I like Josie, but she's only had a couple of good scenes. I see her going the distance and possibly winning. That is, if people don't for Steve just because of his backstory. I really don't want that to happen.

Ife was actually my favorite entering the house, but she's just chilling in there, isn't she? Maybe she'll come out and show her personality eventually. Caoimhe is okay, but again, she hasn't really been shown.

I'm kind of irked by Shabby at the moment since she didn't get eliminated. I'm also really annoyed of John James after everything that has just gone down. If he's nominated, I can see him getting eliminated.

I don't Dave--I hate the fact that he's a favorite to win just because of who he is. I hate runaway favorites like that.

Okay, who's left? Ben... can we say twat on this forum? I guess so, since that's technically British slang and not really applicable over here. I don't mind him so far. I feel the same way you do about Mario, except I'm not rooting for him that much. And Nathan... nothing to say. They wasted a perfectly good space for him.

With that said, I guess my ranking would go like:

1. Corin
    2. Sunshine
    3. Josie
    4. Ife
    5. Caoimhe
    6. Mario
    7. Ben
    8. John James
    9. Steve
    10. Shabby
    11. Nathan
    12. Dave
    13. Govan

Complete chaos on the live feeds!

Click to see Spoiler:
    Everyone's ganging up on Ben for things he said to JJ, thanks to Shabby and Govan stirring stuff up in the house.

Everyone is losing it on the night before nominations. And the worst part is, Govan may crawl out from under it yet again. Looks like Ben is this week's scapegoat...
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread