+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big Brother Australia BB8AU 2008

Re: Big Brother Australia BB8AU 2008

Update:

SIX housemates are up for eviction. The original nominees were Cherry, Terrence, Alice, and Rory. But Nobbi had the power to remove one nominee since he won FNL (again), and he chose Rory. Unfortunately for him, he took Rory's place on the block, along with Brigitte and Terri since they were all tied at 3 points a piece.

Looking at the odds (even though it's technically not a spoiler, I'll put it in tags anyway),
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Nobbi is most likely to go.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Bad news:
    Oz's Ten forecloses on 'Big Brother'
    Numbers fall to less than one million viewers

SYDNEY -- When a budget speech beats you in the ratings, it's time to fold your tent.

And that's what Ten Network has done with "Big Brother," whose numbers fell from a high of 2.4 million to less than a million this eighth season.

Ten's programming topper David Mott praised the show for delivering the youth-skewed web solid auds and advertisers during its run, and for its place in reality TV history.

" 'Big Brother' is the undisputed granddaddy of modern, commercial reality television in Australia," Mott said. "Today's reality dramas have all, on some level, been inspired by 'Big Brother.' "

As in other markets, "Big Brother" often caused controversy, at various times being the target of ire from Christian groups and even former prime minister John Howard. But by this year, auds had slipped away and the skein had resorted to stunts like introducing Pamela Anderson to the house.

"The show has taken on topics of race, sex, homosexuality, eating disorders and alcohol abuse, many of which had been handled gingerly, if at all, on TV," Mott added.

The final episode will air July 21.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

After 85 days and and 20 housemates, the winner of BBAUS08 is....

TERRI!!!!

The finale was actually 24 hours ago, but I'm still over the moon that she won! She might possibly be one of my favorite winners ever of any reality show, if not my favorite! She has been a great housemate. I've been rooting for her and Brigitte since pretty much the beginning, and when Brigitte was (shockingly) evicted, I was rooting full on for Terri (or Tezza, as some people call her).

This was my first (and last ) season of BBAU, and it was amazing! I can't believe the oldest housemate to ever enter the BBAU house won. And not only that, she was a controversial housemate, so she definitely wasn't boring. She was known for getting into many fights and making some comments that some people found racist (I personally thought she wasn't racist at all). Terri wasn't an UTR housemate; she was entertaining and great.

Fantastic finale, fantastic winner. I'm sad that it's ending, but you can always hope that the show will come back from cancellation.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fan

If Terri hadn't made those racist comments, I would have been overjoyed that she won. Not to mention she is a Pauline Hanson supporter. A Pauline Hanson supporter is in a similar wavelength as a KKK supporter.
    It's quite embarrassing that BB Australia was blatantly pushing her to win. I guess they want a racist to be their lasting image for their Big Brother brand.

I don't think Terri was racist at all when she made those comments about Nobbi. All she said was, "I wonder how Nobbi can see through his eyes because his slits are so small," or something close to that. I admit that "slits" isn't the nicest word to use, but I don't find her comment to be racist.

By definition, when someone is racist, they think they are superior to or better than a particular person only because of their race. Terri may have not liked Nobbi, but that was because of his personality, not his race. Nobbi disliked Terri too, so it isn't one-sided.

Terri's comment was said out of curiousity. Her comment is equivalent to me saying, "I wonder how black people can keep their hair so nicely conditioned," (I know, it's a really random comment, but it's the only one I can think of). Because it's true, black people's hair isn't as fine as other people's. Does that make me racist? No, it just makes me curious.

The whole "Terri is racist" thing made me kind of sick, actually, mainly because of how Nobbi and others held it against her. One time while in the house, Nobbi exposed his genitals to Terri without her consent. She was absolutely shocked, as any person would be. But what did Nobbi say? He said that the reason Terri didn't like his genitals was because she was racist and did not like looking at his private area because of his Asian background. I seriously did not like Nobbi at all, and that just made me not like him even more.

FORT Fan

Terri disliked Nobbi the minute she first saw him before she even got to know him. She used a lame reason for nominating him in the first episode because he was too touchy feely. Nobbi wasn't touchy feely with Terri at all.
    Terri is a Pauline Hanson supporter, which explains the reason why she had that preconceived distaste for Nobbi. After getting to know him though, Terri started to warm up to him.
    About the slits comment, she was throwing that word around freely many times when she was with the other housemates, and yet, in front of Nobbi, she blatantly denied saying the word slit. She knew full well that it's an offensive remark to say, otherwise she wouldn't have denied vehemently.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123