+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Ashley and JP's Wedding

FORT Fogey

Re: Ashley and JP's Wedding

I didnt record the program that followed because apparently football was on here and it started late. I was hoping to see more of the guests. It cut off just as Ashley's mom was about to read something. What did they show after that? Did we get to see more of the guests? Dang.

I FFed through most of the stuff before the wedding because it was boring and so staged. They did a good job going along with it, I will say. Hard to look genuine with a set up.

I enjoyed the wedding, way better then Trista and Ryans over the top pink wedding. I could not get over how much Julian Harris changed and didn't recognize her or Deanna.

I laughed when JP kept wanting to kiss Ashley throughout the ceremony.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Yeah, shyra, I forgot to mention that I did not recognize Jillian AT ALL. I know she got a nose job, but wow, it completely changed her look. And, fwiw, I thought she was totally lovely before and didn't need a nose job.
    Jaynie and AlwaysVeg like this.

FORT Fogey

Nose jobs change your face more than anything. I got one quick glimpse of her and noticed that too.

Someone, please tell me what I missed. My DVR cut off mid ceremony. Did they show any of the reception and guests? That is what I wanted to see most of all!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Nose jobs change your face more than anything. I got one quick glimpse of her and noticed that too.

Someone, please tell me what I missed. My DVR cut off mid ceremony. Did they show any of the reception and guests? That is what I wanted to see most of all!
    You missed the rest of the ceremony, there first dance, and a few commentary bits from guests (Jillian, Emily, Ashley's sister).

FWIW, either one of the producers or MF negated the story about the cash bar starting after they stopped filming. They said it was open bar til the reception ended.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post

I didn't know that Jillian got a nose job. Wow! She was fine the way she was.

They only showed the first dance and that ended the filming. Guess they don't like showing people getting drunk at a wedding but prefer to show women/men getting drunk and throwing themselves at the lead. ha.

I just checked the numbers for the wedding and woweeee this special was a total flop. Less than 4 million viewers. Even Jason and Molly had around 8-9 million viewers. Too bad, since these two are adorable together and their wedding wasn't typical or run of the mill.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I thought it was a lovely wedding. I try to ignore all the Bach biz they do that doesn't have anything to do with the wedding. I don't really care what most of them are doing OR their opinions about Emily and JP, since most of them don't even know them.

I wondered why they made a point of showing Emily going down the stairs with her veil down, but then she came down the aisle with it back already. Just odd.

Please remember that this is the thread to discuss the wedding and not to rehash the seasons of every former contestant/bach/bach'ette
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I saw Trista's new face, Emily's longer extensions, I saw Ashley's dress. That was enough for me- I hope it lasts
    Trista had a new face? I didn't see it. She looked as pretty as she always does. Ryan looked tired, though.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I was watching Survivor and, luckily, my sister called me. I missed the beginnning, but saw enough to know that was a terrific wedding. They are both so suited to one another and so in love. As Andy Cohen would say, Mazel Tov!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Ashley Hebert and J.P. Rosenbaum's Wedding: A View From the Third Row - Couples, Marriage, Weddings, The Bachelorette, Ashley Hebert, J.P. Rosenbaum : People.com

Ashley Hebert and J.P. Rosenbaum's Wedding: A View From the Third Row

By Monica Rizzo

Monica Rizzo, a senior writer for PEOPLE who has been covering TV for 14 years, attended Ashley Hebert and J.P. Rosenbaum's wedding this month. Here, she shares some of what you won't see this Sunday when The Bachelorette: Ashley and J.P.'s Wedding airs on ABC.

It was four years ago that I first started covering The Bachelor and The Bachelorette for PEOPLE. If someone had told me then that one day I would be quiver-lipped and sniffling as I watched two reality stars get married while the cameras rolled for a TV special, I would have rolled my eyes.

No, not me. Never.

But alas, that was me on Dec. 1, in the third row, beaming and tearing up as I watched Ashley Hebert and J.P. Rosenbaum, whom she chose at the end of her season on The Bachelorette, exchange vows in front of 200 guests at the Langham Huntington Hotel in Pasadena, Calif.

The ceremony, presided over by the ABC franchise's host, Chris Harrison, was sweet, heartfelt, funny, poignant, and most of all, unforgettable, because in front of me were two people who truly love each other. I know that because I felt their connection when we met in Malibu in July 2011 to talk for the first time about their engagement and their future plans.

I'm a sappy romantic, so I root for every couple to go the distance.

J.P.'s eyes twinkled when he talked about Ashley. He was impressed with her independence and bowled over by her enthusiastic, genuine, fun-loving personality. Ashley, as she had always done with me, spoke from her heart about J.P.'s kindness and consideration. I remember telling my editor at the time, "There's something about these two. They are so normal. Such a good fit."

We had stayed in touch, so I didn't feel out of place at their wedding. Quite the contrary. I've been to a lot of weddings in my life, and this was one of the best, hands down.

Both J.P. and Ashley are warm, friendly and instantly likable. And so are their families and friends, and their extended Bachelor family. Before dinner, champagne flowed, glasses clinked and people hugged. The softly lit ballroom was infused with an exuberance that lasted the entire night.

As the deejay started spinning tunes at the reception, Ali Fedotowsky, Michael Stagliano and Michelle Money were among the familiar faces jamming the dance floor. At first I politely watched. I'm working, I thought. But as the night wore on, I couldn't resist joining the party. "Baby Got Back" pumped through the speakers, and I just had to hit the floor. Trista Sutter and Jillian Harris clapped while Ali cheered me on as I danced like, well, a soccer mom at a wedding.

The dancing went on until nearly midnight, and I couldn't stop. None of us could. It was too much fun. Chris Harrison and producer Elan Gale tied their neckties together for an impromptu limbo competition, (I lasted one round. Producer Cassie Lambert was declared the winner). Later, former Bachelorette contestant Craig Robinson swept me off my feet and dipped me. My shoes flew off, and all I could see as I went upside down were Jason and Molly Mesnick smiling and laughing. To say the least, it was a blast.

As things wound down, I gave J.P.'s mom a hug goodnight and remarked on the dozens of Mark's Garden flower arrangements on the tables. "What do you think they're going to do with all of these?" I asked. "Take them!" she insisted. "They should be enjoyed." Oh my God, I thought. That's just what my mom said to the guests at my wedding.

The next morning, Ashley, J.P. and I had bloody Marys and mimosas at the bar overlooking the gardens where the wedding took place. We toasted their new beginning as husband and wife. I couldn't help but gush to them what a wonderful time I had sharing in their special day.

"That makes me so happy!" Ashley squealed, looking over at J.P., who smiled, which gave his eyes that signature twinkle. I meant it. I'm a believer in love, and I can honestly say it was a highlight of my year to be a part of something so rare, so special, so real. I can't wait to watch it again on TV.

Here's wishing Ashley and J.P. all the best that life has to offer. They deserve it.
    dzigner likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast