Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Ashley and JP's Wedding

FORT Fogey

Re: Ashley and JP's Wedding

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    That is JP's brother.
    Thank you for answering my question.

I saw Trista's new face, Emily's longer extensions, I saw Ashley's dress. That was enough for me- I hope it lasts
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Weddings are boring, to me. I did tape it and will watch with liberal FFing to get the gist. I am more interested in seeing the guests!
    I watched the entire show. Most of what is shown on the Bachelorette/Bachelor is fake... infatuation or acting. JP and Ashley are the real deal... I finally got to see something that's real!
    Moontat likes this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Awwwww. A drama free Bach wedding and all because these are two of the sweetest people...even the Bach/ette parties were low key. I loved the color scheme with the white/silver neutrals and the punch of green. I thought they were going to do the breaking of the glass, but did the Celtic Knot instead - interesting since neither is of a Celtic background; however the blessing read made sense for the two of them.

I loved the recessional upbeat piece and Ashley not being able to resist doing a little happy dance while she waited for JP to bring her train to the top of the steps. I did like the recap of their journey - after all this wedding was produced by NEXT who produces the Bach series; though I didn't appreciate the ad nauseum ads for Sean's season...but, they have to promote what they have to promote.

I'm very happy I didn't recognize any of the bridesmaids or groomsmen as that meant it really was friends and family even though Bachelor Nation flooded the place with their own people. Chris Harrison still came off as a host when officiating and I grew tired of his voice. Knowing that his own promises of a lifetime of love were broken made it somewhat hard for me to take him seriously.

Chrissy's children were adorable as flower girls and Boo didn't have to wear a dress. All in all I blotted tears during the ceremony and smiled during the other parts of the show...probably because they couldn't stop smiling.
    sweetpea and Eastcoastmom like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I enjoyed the wedding, Boo and all, but found the tattooed bridesmaid (her sister) very distracting in her sleeveless dress in the midst of all that beautiful scenery. Also, didn't want to hear what Emily Maynard or Pappas had to say. Agree with Arielflies that it was nice to see family and friends be part of the wedding party instead of previous bach/bach'ettes. I think this couple will last.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Awwwww. A drama free Bach wedding and all because these are two of the sweetest people...even the Bach/ette parties were low key. I loved the color scheme with the white/silver neutrals and the punch of green. I thought they were going to do the breaking of the glass, but did the Celtic Knot instead - interesting since neither is of a Celtic background; however the blessing read made sense for the two of them.

I loved the recessional upbeat piece and Ashley not being able to resist doing a little happy dance while she waited for JP to bring her train to the top of the steps. I did like the recap of their journey - after all this wedding was produced by NEXT who produces the Bach series; though I didn't appreciate the ad nauseum ads for Sean's season...but, they have to promote what they have to promote.

I'm very happy I didn't recognize any of the bridesmaids or groomsmen as that meant it really was friends and family even though Bachelor Nation flooded the place with their own people. Chris Harrison still came off as a host when officiating and I grew tired of his voice. Knowing that his own promises of a lifetime of love were broken made it somewhat hard for me to take him seriously.

Chrissy's children were adorable as flower girls and Boo didn't have to wear a dress. All in all I blotted tears during the ceremony and smiled during the other parts of the show...probably because they couldn't stop smiling.
    They did the glass breaking during the ceremony. It's a deleted scene on abc.com.

And Ashley S. was in the bridal party. I think Mickey might have been one of the groomsmen but I'm not 100% on that.
    Last edited by umngirl; 12-17-2012 at 03:29 PM.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

I forgot to mention this but Graham was at the Bachelor party. When they were all walking down the track, there was a clear shot of him but I don't think he was in the bridal party.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Yeah Graham wasn't a groomsman. A few other bachelor guys were at the bachelor party but weren't in the wedding party either.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post

Well said, Arielflies.

Chris Harrison still came off as a host when officiating and I grew tired of his voice. Knowing that his own promises of a lifetime of love were broken made it somewhat hard for me to take him seriously.

I thought the wedding was lovely. Thanks for the heads up about the deleted scene. I was wondering why they didn't do the breaking of the glass, in light of the fact that there was a chuppah, JP wore a yarmulke, and they did the traditional hoisting of the bride and groom in chairs at the wedding reception.. I really think JP and Ashley are the real deal and it was so cute how the two of them could not wait to kiss each other during the wedding ceremony. As far as them being opposites as Chris Harrison stated...well, I never thought of JP as all that serious. He is always smiling and has such a twinkle in his eye. I loved his mom and her Lawn Guyland accent and think she is very fond of Ashley, which bodes well for the marriage. It was interesting to me that Ashley said she had baby fever as I remember her being a good 7 or 8 years younger than JP. I think JP might be close to 35. Ashley is only in her first year of pediatric dental residency so I would think she would want to finish up before entertaining thoughts of starting a family. All in all, I enjoyed the special very much, although it was a bit long, and shed quite a few tears. I'm such a sap.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

It was drama-free, thank goodness for that. I thought TPTB would do the same as Trista & Ryan's and create drama but they didn't and kept it classy.

One thing I could have done without is Trista once again whining about how old she is. FFS 40 is not old! That chick has some serious body dysphoria issues going on. Give it a rest!

There is a story out there that the guests weren't happy that they had to pay for their own drinks after ABC stopped filming. I'm wondering if Bachelornation peeps' airfare and accommodations were paid for or not. If so, they are just being ungrateful but if not then maybe they have a gripe. I haven't been to any weddings in recent years, so I'm curious as to what the norm is in other areas? Cash bar or open bar? Here in my neck of the woods it is common for a couple to throw a "social" or "shag" where they rent out a hall, sell cheap liquor and raffle off prizes. Some couples make about 5-10K (depending on the prizes they get) which they use to help pay for a wedding or downpayment on a home.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast