Closed Thread
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree846Likes

Thread: 7/22 The Bachelorette 8: FINALE and LIVE ATFR

FORT Fanatic

Re: 7/22 The Bachelorette 8: FINALE and LIVE ATFR

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    You mean Ben and Courtney
    HaHa.... True. I'm still puzzled in how this couple got "fleissed" (it's a new verb!) When did Fleiss ever go to all that trouble to totally edit the F1 so negatively? I mean I know she was a brat, but they didn't even bother to edit her in a good light by splicing tape, and even edited the others to look so good around her. That was pretty bad for Ben to have to go through, after having his heart broken by Ashley. I know Vienna didn't get a great edit either, but I didn't care because I could not stand Jake. lol As for Sean, as much as he is liked and seems so normal, I don't think I want him to be 'fleissed". He should step away while he is in a good light.
    NEPASue likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    I know, right?!? And here I thought I was the only one in all the land that admired Jason for following his heart -- especially after he'd given the final rose to Melissa on universal TV.
    It was just so apparent his true feelings were for Molly~ Melissa was just so...Melissa!, and so not Jason.
    I never get upset in who these people choose because obviously it's their choice... only they know who they have fallen for. But with Jason, I think the ending was another "Fleiss' moment... and had something to do with how things played out.... the big girl switch up, and what bothers me is that Jason went along with it.... humiliating Melissa on live t.v. That was my only problem. I was actually happy for Molly that she got her guy, because I do feel she loved him, even tho I was rooting for Melissa. I do keep in mind tho, that even if Jason went along with this ending, and knew beforehand, he may have been pressured, and under contract, by Fleiss to do it. That was a very upsetting ending for me. I just wish Fleiss would let things play out naturally with these people. Now he won't even give us new people... only retreads.

Everyone interprets the video differently. What I saw wasn't a love story. I saw that she settled on the only guy out of the final 4 who was willing to move to her town.

Since that was the deciding factor in her break-up with Brad, it makes sense now that she had to (in her mind) pick Jef.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Everyone interprets the video differently. What I saw wasn't a love story. I saw that she settled on the only guy out of the final 4 who was willing to move to her town.

Since that was the deciding factor in her break-up with Brad, it makes sense now that she had to (in her mind) pick Jef.
    Exactly. And the size of his bank account doesn't hurt either.
    BTW and NEPASue like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    I just wish Fleiss would let things play out naturally with these people. Now he won't even give us new people... only retreads.
    OceanView~
    I agree with you 110%. It's one of the things I find so unlikeable about The Bachelor/ette.

There are all these gawwwgeous people with spectacular bodies (please, these are NOT mainstream folks) and incredible jobs/upbringings. They get their 15 minutes of fame --or 15 weeks depending on how far they go --, and of the final 2 or 3 who don't get the Final Rose, they select the next Bachelor/ette.
    Unless you're Emily! She got the Final Rose AND got retread (great choice of words, BTW) into the next Bachelorette.

I get the fact that they want to go for ratings by casting a Fan Favorite, but c'mon. WHY do these beautiful people get a SECOND chance? Are there not enough single people out in the universe to give FIRST chances to?
    Last edited by cubsfan55; 07-29-2012 at 03:51 PM.
    fireflyer and Fanny Mare like this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

HaHa.... True. I'm still puzzled in how this couple got "fleissed" (it's a new verb!) When did Fleiss ever go to all that trouble to totally edit the F1 so negatively? I mean I know she was a brat, but they didn't even bother to edit her in a good light by splicing tape, and even edited the others to look so good around her. That was pretty bad for Ben to have to go through, after having his heart broken by Ashley. I know Vienna didn't get a great edit either, but I didn't care because I could not stand Jake. lol As for Sean, as much as he is liked and seems so normal, I don't think I want him to be 'fleissed". He should step away while he is in a good light.
    Usually the edit reflects how the producers feel about the person. Remember Ed's less than stellar "performance" issues on the overnight dates? He had apparently ticked off some of production. My guess is the same thing happened with Courtney.

I never get upset in who these people choose because obviously it's their choice... only they know who they have fallen for. But with Jason, I think the ending was another "Fleiss' moment... and had something to do with how things played out.... the big girl switch up, and what bothers me is that Jason went along with it.... humiliating Melissa on live t.v. That was my only problem. I was actually happy for Molly that she got her guy, because I do feel she loved him, even tho I was rooting for Melissa. I do keep in mind tho, that even if Jason went along with this ending, and knew beforehand, he may have been pressured, and under contract, by Fleiss to do it. That was a very upsetting ending for me. I just wish Fleiss would let things play out naturally with these people. Now he won't even give us new people... only retreads.
    My issue at the time was also the public blindside. But Melissa has, I believe, since come out to say that she knew beforehand. Not necessarily about the Molly part, but they had basically broken up before the ATFR, so she knew that's what was going to be talked about.

On the new people, I wish we would get new ones. But Fleiss has publicly said that won't happen. There is a built in base with re-treads and it is working for them. They will continue until it doesn't. Also, Jen was a F1 that was then given her own season. And if the rumors are true, Roberto will be a F1 who gets a second chance. Interesting that starting with Brad we seem to not only have re-treads, but re-treads who are getting a second chance.

The Bachelorettes have always been re-treads; it is only the Bachelors that have been new. Fleiss recently tweeted that the decision is close and he is listening to the feedback. He even asked if we wanted another Lorenzo or Matt - meaning a new player that brought in zero ratings as far as he was concerned. My guess it will be a re-tread, probably from Emily's season.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

It's still really funny to me how these rumors get started. Everyone said that Roberto was a lock for the next Bachelor because he had already signed the paperwork. Now we find out that it is not true and he has a new girlfriend.

If its going to be someone from Emily's season then I really have to say I hope it is Arie!

Quote Originally Posted by jaytwo View Post
    It's still really funny to me how these rumors get started. Everyone said that Roberto was a lock for the next Bachelor because he had already signed the paperwork. Now we find out that it is not true and he has a new girlfriend.

If its going to be someone from Emily's season then I really have to say I hope it is Arie!
    I didn't know he had a girlfriend? I heard they had a signed contract, and then in the last few weeks there has been backtracking. I think Arie would better carry a show, but if they go with someone from Emily's season, my money is on Sean. That's who CH was pimping out at the MTA.

Closed Thread