Closed Thread
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree846Likes

Thread: 7/22 The Bachelorette 8: FINALE and LIVE ATFR

Re: 7/22 The Bachelorette 8: FINALE and LIVE ATFR

I finally figured out why annoys me about Emily.

As ridiculous as I think they are together, no, it is NOT because she chose Jef/f -- she bugged me before that all played out. And despite the "improvements" she had done, she IS pretty.

So, what's the rub?

Emily reminds me of Sandra Lee from Food Network! She's another one who has always made me shake my head.
    norealityhere likes this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I thought it was written into the contract that if they get married within the next 2 years, ABC has the option to televise it. Obviously they could not cooperate and make it very difficult, but I was under the impression Fleiss had it written into the contract.
    It's actually up to the individual couples. ABC 'offers' them the chance to have it paid for IF they marry before a certain date. It's more like a courtesy to the couple. I think an all paid for wedding is pretty nice of ABC. Of course they want to bank on the fact they will be making money off of it in the long run with sponsers and ratings, etc. They aren't saying they MUST marry in front of t.v., but they can. (Now if the couple is not popular I'm sure the offer wouldn't be made.) Just like the ring. If they stay engaged for a certain amount of time the girl gets to keep the ring if they should split up, however, they must return it if they split before that designated time. It's all about the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    Now if the couple is not popular I'm sure the offer wouldn't be made.
    I don't know about that. Jason and Molly didn't appear to be popular if all the interwebs sniping was any indication (personally I thought he did the right thing), but they got the televised wedding package.
    cubsfan55 likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

You know Rattus, I didn't care too much for Molly and wasn't watching the wedding but happened to catch the tail-end of their ceremony. It was outdoors and incredibly windy and, I believe, it even began to rain. Moly just laughed and didn't let the weather ruin her day in spite of her hair getting ruined. In that instant I began to like her. Anyone that low-maintenence who can laugh at little things is usually a pretty good person. I guess we don't really get to know a person very well in the scripted few minutes they are on out tvs.

I'll be surprised if Emily and Jef have a televised wedding, but I'd probably watch if they did.
    NEPASue likes this.

It's actually up to the individual couples. ABC 'offers' them the chance to have it paid for IF they marry before a certain date. It's more like a courtesy to the couple. I think an all paid for wedding is pretty nice of ABC. Of course they want to bank on the fact they will be making money off of it in the long run with sponsers and ratings, etc. They aren't saying they MUST marry in front of t.v., but they can. (Now if the couple is not popular I'm sure the offer wouldn't be made.) Just like the ring. If they stay engaged for a certain amount of time the girl gets to keep the ring if they should split up, however, they must return it if they split before that designated time. It's all about the contract.
    You mean Ben and Courtney
    dzigner, nanarama and mesachick like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I don't know about that. Jason and Molly didn't appear to be popular if all the interwebs sniping was any indication (personally I thought he did the right thing), but they got the televised wedding package.
    I know, right?!? And here I thought I was the only one in all the land that admired Jason for following his heart -- especially after he'd given the final rose to Melissa on universal TV.
    It was just so apparent his true feelings were for Molly~ Melissa was just so...Melissa!, and so not Jason.
    BTW, Luvvy and Photobabe like this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

I wasn't a big fan of Jason in either of his stints on the show. I thought he ended up doing the right thing, he just handled it poorly is all. If Emily and Jeff decide to have their wedding televised, I won't be watching, but then again I haven't watched any of the weddings.
    jucamer likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    I know, right?!? And here I thought I was the only one in all the land that admired Jason for following his heart -- especially after he'd given the final rose to Melissa on universal TV.
    It was just so apparent his true feelings were for Molly~ Melissa was just so...Melissa!, and so not Jason.
    I agree. I felt Molly was for Jason from the beginning. After he chose Deanna, Molly was still the girl he just couldn't let go. I was so glad Jason and Molly beat the odds. They deserved it.
    fireflyer and sparklete like this.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Yeah, good point. I was surprised that the wedding was televised myself. But ABC does give the final word if the offer is made or not. It's not a given for the couple. I was a Melissa fan so I wouldn't watch Molly and Jason marry. lol I'm sure they didn't care. LOL
    jucamer likes this.

Yeah, good point. I was surprised that the wedding was televised myself. But ABC does give the final word if the offer is made or not. It's not a given for the couple. I was a Melissa fan so I wouldn't watch Molly and Jason marry. lol I'm sure they didn't care. LOL
    I had no idea that was televised, I don't know how many tuned in. Its not what I would call must see TV.Each to their own though
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread