Closed Thread
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree846Likes

Thread: 7/22 The Bachelorette 8: FINALE and LIVE ATFR

Re: 7/22 The Bachelorette 8: FINALE and LIVE ATFR

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy View Post
    I thought she kissed too much too, not just the amount of times but the number of guys, so sorry but I don't see her as a great example for women, certainly no better than the next 'ette.
    I don't think so at all. Nothing wrong with kissing the guy(s) that you are dating, which was what she was doing. The show just puts you in the position to where you are dating a bunch of people at the same time - not exactly the norm in real life.
    OceanView likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I just read this in an interview about Em and Jef:

"And when the couple do finally wed, neither is particularly eager to flaunt their nuptials in front of the cameras."

I think it will be hilarious if they do not have a TV wedding. So many people think all she wants is camera time and if they don't do a TV wedding that will sure but a dent in that theory. Of course, it's just another gossip report, so who know's for sure?
    NEPASue and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytwo View Post
    I just read this in an interview about Em and Jef:

"And when the couple do finally wed, neither is particularly eager to flaunt their nuptials in front of the cameras."

I think it will be hilarious if they do not have a TV wedding. So many people think all she wants is camera time and if they don't do a TV wedding that will sure but a dent in that theory. Of course, it's just another gossip report, so who know's for sure?
    I thought it was written into the contract that if they get married within the next 2 years, ABC has the option to televise it. Obviously they could not cooperate and make it very difficult, but I was under the impression Fleiss had it written into the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I thought it was written into the contract that if they get married within the next 2 years, ABC has the option to televise it. Obviously they could not cooperate and make it very difficult, but I was under the impression Fleiss had it written into the contract.
    that is entirely possible, I really do not know. But that is probably true and the report I read was as I said: gossip. (I still think it would be funny as all heck though, if it were possible)

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly.

Emily has been a classy lady through this whole process. She's shown that you don't have to parade around half naked all the time to get a man's attention, nor do you have to sleep around. She's stuck to her guns about having the show come to her hometown and make other allowances for her daughter. She's shown that it's good to put your children first. She was kind to all the men there. She never once was judgemental, which she showed in spades at Sean's family as she took all their jokes in stride. A lot of young girls are out of control these days. If they can watch at least one woman hold herself with such dignity like Emily did, it's a good thing.
    I so agree. The love and concern she has for her little girl is so amazing. Especially from someone who had a child so young. Not slamming young people, but I'm definitely more impressed in how she puts her daughter first, totally unselfishly, with everything at such a young age. Ricki can look back at this show and be very proud of her mother. I understand that people have differences of opinion on who Emily should have chosen, while the show was going on, but once SHE chose who SHE fell in love with I find it silly for people to continue on thinking they know better than SHE who SHE should have chosen. And I agree with you, Emily's personality really came out at Sean's home. She is very polite, and so is her daughter.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by greyhoundmom View Post
    First - This was my favorite part of all the comments, and I just read through them all! That just cracked me up - probably because I am the same way. I want to be able to have a pretty cry!!!

Second - Call me crazy, but I actually buy into the Emily/Jef relationship! I thought they have a fun chemistry and they seem genuine. I liked both Jef and Arie so I wasn't disappointed either way, but I definitely thought that she and Jef had that flirt -> friendship -> love thing going on, which is important. Kissing is good too, but you can also work on that with your significant other over time - it's more important to have the friend/love foundation first. Geez, I sound cliche, but it's true!

I wasn't disappointed this season, I thought Emily handled the process well and I'm happy with the ending. Hope they last!

*edited because I initially removed the \ from the end quote tag by mistake.
    Great post. And who's to say that Jef and Emily didn't have more compassionate kissing going on that was edited out to throw us off? Many viewers are judging these people we don't even know the way Fleiss wants us to judge them thru editing, so I always take that into account when watching the show. Fleiss showed us (constantly) the slobbering kissing by Arie. I'm sure EM and Arie had good conversation that was edited out becasue Fleiss wanted us to see only the Arie with his mouth open. (ICK) Fleiss pushed that onto us. Just like he pushed that Sean, was the All American Perfect Guy. I like Sean, but in no way do I feel the way Fleiss shoved down our throats. I think the editing with Jef and Em was perfect. I saw very early on that there was something very special going on between them. Fleiss allowed us to see this love story unfold. (Except for the ones who bought into the Arie and Sean editing)
    Last edited by OceanView; 07-26-2012 at 07:41 PM.
    sparklete likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    Oh, I'm so sorry, MG, but this made me laugh the loud wheezy laugh!
    I saw the same love story you did Mikesgirl83. I equate the relationship I have with my hubby to that of Em and Jef. We 'get' each other. Are best friends. Dated and got married within a short period of time (and no I wasn't pregnant). And we have been married for over 30 years.
    NEPASue likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Please bear with me as I had an unfortunate incident happen on finale night, but wanted to address some comments.

Have we had any examples of where the F1 and F2 have remained friends beyond the engagement? That seems implausible to me. It makes for a feel-good AFTR, but I dunno that it ever continues in real life.
    More often than not, the F2 do stay friends and take things a lot less personally than the fans do. Jef and Arie's bromance will live on! As will Sean and Wolf, as will Ryan and his mirror.

Just listening to Emily talk about how she wasn't planning to introduce either of the men to her daughter. Seriously? And she's expecting a proposal?? If you need to take more time before the introduction, take it. But don't expect a man to promise that he will love you forever and take care of your daughter as his own if you're not ready for them to meet.
    Yeah, that never made sense to me. I guess that was supposed to be one of the cliffhangers of the season. Will she or won't she? But once she did let Jef meet Ricki, it was game over at that point. MF thinks he is so clever, but he spoiled like no one's ever spoiled.

Let's hope whoever is chosen as The Bachelor will be someone who makes us laugh and is entertaining!
    Don't count on it. Once the recycled lead shows up on screen, what little personality they had on a previous season will be decimated once the new season starts. Arie had the best commentary this season. His Doug impressions still make me laugh. Then he'd go through the Fleiss machine and become a robot and probably lose his sense of humour.

I still feel like Jef was her backup the entire season. Her friend, Michelle Money, is his friend as well and she told her to keep him and give him a chance. I feel that if she hadn't contacted her and let it play out on its own, she wouldn't have kept him past date 3
    I don't get this. Have you ever had two friends/acquaintances who YOU think would make a great match? Perfect on paper, similar personalities. Then they meet and it crashes and burns? There is no formula for getting two humans together no matter how well you know them.

Out of 100 kids you might meet, you can easily be magnetically drawn to 99 of them, enjoying their cuteness and childlike nature
    I like kids and they like me. I wouldn't be magnetically drawn to 99 of them; even 60 would be pushing it. For some supposed rich kid, Ricki seems like a pretty normal kid to me. (She may be a little smarter than some tho, because she doesn't seem to like the cameras all that much)

While I think it's sweet to have a drama free season, I do think they painted Emily as Saint Emily, overall.
    Not really. She kept creepy Chris around. Don't forget about Kalon, Wolf and Ryan. She liked to swear. She wore old lady gowns and gawd awful faux-ny tails. Plus she was scared of dolphins. Oh and don't forget she smashed Shelley all over the front walkway.

I think what Ricki is learning from Emily's example, is not that she doesn't have to work as hard for money, but that she doesn't have to work at all. If Ricki doesn't "need" a career, does she even "need" a college education?
    Maybe I am an optimist, but I believe kids can and do choose different than their parents. Emily may not want a career outside of the home, but Ricki might. Emily may not want to go to college, but Ricky might. Emily was an un-wed teenaged mother, Ricki might not want that same life. I wouldn't be surprised if Ricky wants to be a dolphin trainer. Teehee.

I must say that I'm surprised by all the comments. Every year the fans say they want to see a love story. This year, I think it was handed to the viewers on a silver platter. As botoxed as Emily's face was, even *I* the cynic could see it. The way she looked at Jef, especially the last 3 episodes was googly-eyes. It's now up to them to continue their relationship in the real world.

The overwhelming majority here and other boards is that Emily is not that interesting. Wonder if the tabloids feel the same way. Maybe they will finally leave her alone.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

This thread is to discuss the Finale and ATFR SHOW. Please take parenting discussions to the General Discussion forum and create a thread for it there.

Thank you, Ariel
    cubsfan55, nanarama and OceanView like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I saw the afterparty interviews and the main thing I got from them was that the two of them are comfortable together. At the end Emily was asked to reprise her "running man" and she did with Jef joining in. Also, they were asked when it began to feel "real" to them and not like a show. Jef answered that for him, in London it began to feel real as though he was dating and actually getting to know a girl. I think their conversations were some of the more normal ones we've seen aired. Like Jef being pretty insistent that he meet Ricki before the finale. I still wonder how much Arie would've cared if, on the final date, Emily had said, "no, lets just spend the day alone, just the two of us."

Jef said that they spent their private time together playing games, hanging out and playing with Ricki.

It was nice to compare the Emily that was with Brad on the Final Rose to the one with Jef. She seems night and day, happier, more confident and "smitten."
    NEPASue, JavaJo, jucamer and 1 others like this.

Closed Thread