Closed Thread
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree846Likes

Thread: 7/22 The Bachelorette 8: FINALE and LIVE ATFR

Re: 7/22 The Bachelorette 8: FINALE and LIVE ATFR

Their code names were Dolly and Dean - the names of Dolly Parton and her husband, Dean.
    sweetpea and cubsfan55 like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Their code names were Dolly and Dean - the names of Dolly Parton and her husband, Dean.
    Oh yes Dean! I dont know where I got Buddy from
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Actually, Jef's name was "Dean," after Dolly Parton's husband. They told Ricki that as well to try to help her keep the secret.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Actually, Jef's name was "Dean," after Dolly Parton's husband. They told Ricki that as well to try to help her keep the secret.
    could you imagine how pissed Fleiss would be if they were ratted out by a 6-year-old?
    cubsfan55 and jucamer like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue View Post
    could you imagine how pissed Fleiss would be if they were ratted out by a 6-year-old?
    Bwahaha! Well, this is one 6-year-old that he could sue for the $5 mil stipulated in the contracts and potentially be able to collect from her family.
    NEPASue, Miss Scarlet and jucamer like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Okay, I just watched the happy couple on Kimmel, and I love love loved it when Jimmy gave Jef the missing "f" from his name. Very clever, and Jef(f) handled it so well. I think he's adorable.
    cubsfan55, JavaJo and OceanView like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I actually disagree with this statement. I think you can have both and I think they do. It is not an over the top passionate relationship like what was shown with Arie, but that doesn't mean it is any less real. I can't tell you how many people I know who married the person they had a passionate relationship with and they are now divorced. I think there has to be a balance. Yes, you want to think they are attractive, but you want to be able to talk to them as well. And yes, Ricki is a factor, there's no getting around that. I don't think Emily would settle for someone she didn't love because of Ricki. And if you listen to some of the other posters here, Jef is the worst choice for a father figure to Ricki. I tend to disagree with that as well, but we are all entitled to our opinions. What I really think is that we all see what we want to see. This season, I really liked Jef and I saw real feelings between them. I did see the beginning of a love story. Others didn't. Happens every season. Ali's season, I couldn't see the story with Roberto for anything - I was totally in love with Chris. That was really the season I realized that I needed to step back and not look at who I liked but to really watch the signs and see who the lead liked. I didn't see love with either Chris or Sean. With Sean it was more about worship and thinking she SHOULD love him. I did see feelings with Arie, but no depth. They were all about passion, no substance. Whether that was true of their relationship or whether that is just what MF chose to show, that is what I saw. With Jef, I saw passion (not as in your face as Arie, but it was there), but I also saw friendship and respect. That is why I think she chose Jef. Whether it lasts, who knows. They have as much chance as any of the rest of us. One thing I will disagree with that others have posted before - I don't consider a relationship a failure because the couple doesn't get married. Yes, there have been only two marriages out of this show. But there have been a number of couples that have lasted for a year or longer. To me, that is a real relationship. After a year, there are real feelings involved.
    Chris Lambton seemed good. What I noticed about Roberto is that sweat poured down his face when he was in the tropics. (I read that Fleiss offered Roberto half a million dollars to be the next Bachelor, but he has a new girlfriend). Sean seems "good," like Chris Lambton. Emily seemed as if she and Arie were passionate. Emily's face lit up when Jef mentioned Louis Vuitton luggage... and of course when Emily said she wanted children yesterday, Jef agreed. So Emily thinks she has a lot in common with Jef. I think Emily has more in common with Arie. I didn't watch the AFRS, but I read that Jef and Emily will be digging wells in Africa. After doing hard manual labor in extreme heat, the glow that Emily feels for Jef could wear off.
    fireflyer likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Okay, I just watched the happy couple on Kimmel, and I love love loved it when Jimmy gave Jef the missing "f" from his name. Very clever, and Jef(f) handled it so well. I think he's adorable.
    Totally agree, that was so clever and funny. By the way, does anyone know WHY Jef doesn't have two Fs in his name? Is 'Jef' a nickname for something?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Totally agree, that was so clever and funny. By the way, does anyone know WHY Jef doesn't have two Fs in his name? Is 'Jef' a nickname for something?
    He said a friend suggested he drop one of the F's in fifth grade and he just went with it. His mom has said his real name is Jeffrey and she did not name him Jef with one F. She still writes his name with two F's.
    cubsfan55, Imperfect1 and NEPASue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mimi View Post
    In the past, the Bachelors have been criticized for kissing the women as much as some of them did on the show ... Bob especially comes to mind. I thought Emily kissed a lot of these guys a lot, too. I always think to myself while I'm watching the show, "How is the guy she chooses in the end going to feel as he's watching this?" I kind of get a double standard feeling about how we so easily accept it when a Bachelorette makes out with multiple men, even talking about what a great kisser some of the men are, yet if/when a man does that, he is harshly criticized. Just sayin'.
    I thought she kissed too much too, not just the amount of times but the number of guys, so sorry but I don't see her as a great example for women, certainly no better than the next 'ette.
    bachelorwatcher and Pandora2 like this.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Closed Thread