Closed Thread
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree846Likes

Thread: 7/22 The Bachelorette 8: FINALE and LIVE ATFR

Re: 7/22 The Bachelorette 8: FINALE and LIVE ATFR

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Someone posted that trust funds can dry up. Also, what if Jef decides to leave Emily? I've never known even one person who was given a house, like Emily was. Jef and Emily seem playful with each other, like middle school pals.
    she lived in that house with Ricky when he passed. That was their home together so she wasn't just given a house. It was hers, too.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I challenge anyone to find ONE child psychologist or child-rearing expert of any kind who says it's a good idea to raise a child to be dependent -- to completely support her financially (not to mention lavishly) -- well into her 20s and perhaps even beyond, when she is perfectly capable of learning self-supporting skills, with no direction or even encouragement to become a self-sufficient person or independent in her own right. I don't call that being lucky. I call that a shame. And it has nothing to do with anyone who says they had a career and willingly gave it up to be a SAHM. That is not Emily's situation at all, so there is no comparison.
    You and I seem to agree completely on this. Unfortunately, even millionaires can lose their fortunes. Emily has shown herself to me be quite shallow...in her own words, not just taken from her portrayal on the show. And that is evident in that it is "all about her" and "all about her possessions." The only things the woman can talk about are makeup, clothes, Ricki and a husband....who is seemingly going to be Jef. Perhaps this is due to her parents and her upbringing and perhaps this is just who she is, we will never know.

For those who commend her for being a SAHM, I merely say that she was extremely fortunate to do so during Ricki's early years. She has a wealthy father and got pregnant by someone who tragically died but came from a wealthy family who loved their son and and are truly good people. Has she been a SAHM during the past two years??? I don't think so! She's been off being on The Bachelor and The Bachelorette and doing all of the things involved with that. Yes, Ricki went along for some but most of the filming was done when she was still in school....so, either Ricki was taken out of school to satisfy her mother's whims or Emily was away. Either way, not great for little girl who is a six year old in the first grade.

At the end of the day, Emily isn't a person who should be a role model for anyone....certainly not young women! Does she deserve happiness? Yes, but no more than anyone else. I sincerely hope that none of your daughters, sisters, nieces or friends hold her as someone to be emulated and admired....sad for them (and you) if they do. The hardest lesson that we learn in life is the world doesn't revolve around us and that we can't have everything that our little heart desires....Emily hasn't learned that yet.

Emily has found someone who is perfect for her and difficult to find....he is as immature about real life as she is, and thinks that life should be a fairy tale. He will wrap his universe around her and be her little marionette and pamper her as she wishes...."yes, Emily....."

I wish them well! I wish anyone well who is happy with their life but mostly I wish them well because this might finally keep Emily busy and out of the spotlight. She is a terrible example for young women!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by WakeUpSunshine View Post
    You and I seem to agree completely on this. Unfortunately, even millionaires can lose their fortunes. Emily has shown herself to me be quite shallow...in her own words, not just taken from her portrayal on the show. And that is evident in that it is "all about her" and "all about her possessions." The only things the woman can talk about are makeup, clothes, Ricki and a husband....who is seemingly going to be Jef. Perhaps this is due to her parents and her upbringing and perhaps this is just who she is, we will never know. For those who commend her for being a SAHM, I merely say that she was extremely fortunate to do so during Ricki's early years. She has a wealthy father and got pregnant by someone who tragically died but came from a wealthy family who loved their son and and are truly good people. Has she been a SAHM during the past two years??? I don't think so! She's been off being on The Bachelor and The Bachelorette and doing all of the things involved with that. Yes, Ricki went along for some but most of the filming was done when she was still in school....so, either Ricki was taken out of school to satisfy her mother's whims or Emily was away. Either way, not great for little girl who is a six year old in the first grade. At the end of the day, Emily isn't a person who should be a role model for anyone....certainly not young women! Does she deserve happiness? Yes, but no more than anyone else. I sincerely hope that none of your daughters, sisters, nieces or friends hold her as someone to be emulated and admired....sad for them (and you) if they do. The hardest lesson that we learn in life is the world doesn't revolve around us and that we can't have everything that our little heart desires....Emily hasn't learned that yet. Emily has found someone who is perfect for her and difficult to find....he is as immature about real life as she is, and thinks that life should be a fairy tale. He will wrap his universe around her and be her little marionette and pamper her as she wishes...."yes, Emily....." I wish them well! I wish anyone well who is happy with their life but mostly I wish them well because this might finally keep Emily busy and out of the spotlight. She is a terrible example for young women!!!
    I don't see why Emily would be a role model. Most people end up like their parents and friends. Emily doesn't seem very real to me: she's a SAHM even though she doesn't have a husband; and, while watching the Men Tell All, I thought she looked like a Barbie doll.

Call me crazy but I thought Emily set a great example by not implying that she was sleeping with 3 different guys during fantasy suite week.

I also thought she set a great example by how much she obviously valued motherhood over self-centeredness. I'm a bit old-fashioned in that way too. I do put my child before myself, at least I did during his childhood years.

Again, this may be considered old-fashioned but I thought Emily set a great example of how to be kind and considerate to others. Yes, she has a problem in this area as she admitted by not being more direct during break-ups. And I do hope she learns from this and truly does make changes in that area.

I do know from personal experience, it is hard to do once you've been raised to always try and empathize with others and to not say anything if you can't say anything nice. I personally believe there is a fine line that you should walk where you are honest with people without being cruel. I believe you need to be kind, considerate and thoughtful as in how would you like to be treated if you were in their shoes. I've always wanted to know and face the truth at least about important things even if it's hurtful. I don't need to know that you absolutely detest my new haircut unless you are my sister with whom I made an agreement years ago to always be honest on that subject.

the one I remember was when Kimmel asked if they'd been spending any time in their own fantasy suite and Emily said no, that they weren't married and of course not (and I couldn't really tell if she wanted people to believe that or not) and Jef made a face to suggest they done a lot of that.

Made me wonder whether they had a little "chat" when watching the show together later...
    I took it all as a big joke. Clearly she is not a virgin and we all know it and I think that was just her dry sense of humor coming out. I am sure she knew full well the faces Jef was making and I thought it was all rather cute.

I think its a huge leap to assume that Emily does not know how to take care of herself just because she has family money. Just because she has not had to go out and work does not mean that she wouldn't know how to if she were faced with that.
    jucamer and OceanView like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I can't quite remember who, but didn't one of the men on either TB or The Bachelorette show pay for the ring himself?
    Aaron Buerge (banker, Bachelor 2) paid for his own ring.
    fireflyer likes this.

Andrew and Aaron were the two I could remember off the top of my head that paid for their own rings as well. In the corners of my mind it seems like there was another but I don't remember who that would be if that's the case.
    NEPASue likes this.

In the past, the Bachelors have been criticized for kissing the women as much as some of them did on the show ... Bob especially comes to mind. I thought Emily kissed a lot of these guys a lot, too. I always think to myself while I'm watching the show, "How is the guy she chooses in the end going to feel as he's watching this?" I kind of get a double standard feeling about how we so easily accept it when a Bachelorette makes out with multiple men, even talking about what a great kisser some of the men are, yet if/when a man does that, he is harshly criticized. Just sayin'.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Call me crazy but I thought Emily set a great example by not implying that she was sleeping with 3 different guys during fantasy suite week.

I also thought she set a great example by how much she obviously valued motherhood over self-centeredness. I'm a bit old-fashioned in that way too. I do put my child before myself, at least I did during his childhood years.

Again, this may be considered old-fashioned but I thought Emily set a great example of how to be kind and considerate to others. Yes, she has a problem in this area as she admitted by not being more direct during break-ups. And I do hope she learns from this and truly does make changes in that area.

I do know from personal experience, it is hard to do once you've been raised to always try and empathize with others and to not say anything if you can't say anything nice. I personally believe there is a fine line that you should walk where you are honest with people without being cruel. I believe you need to be kind, considerate and thoughtful as in how would you like to be treated if you were in their shoes. I've always wanted to know and face the truth at least about important things even if it's hurtful. I don't need to know that you absolutely detest my new haircut unless you are my sister with whom I made an agreement years ago to always be honest on that subject.
    I agree wholeheartedly.

Emily has been a classy lady through this whole process. She's shown that you don't have to parade around half naked all the time to get a man's attention, nor do you have to sleep around. She's stuck to her guns about having the show come to her hometown and make other allowances for her daughter. She's shown that it's good to put your children first. She was kind to all the men there. She never once was judgemental, which she showed in spades at Sean's family as she took all their jokes in stride. A lot of young girls are out of control these days. If they can watch at least one woman hold herself with such dignity like Emily did, it's a good thing.
    dzigner, fireflyer, Coco46 and 3 others like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    Speaking for myself and only

It was interesting on Jimmie Kimmel last night that a couple of times Jef made faces to the camera when Emily wasn't looking -- the one I remember was when Kimmel asked if they'd been spending any time in their own fantasy suite and Emily said no, that they weren't married and of course not (and I couldn't really tell if she wanted people to believe that or not) and Jef made a face to suggest they done a lot of that.

On Live , they said they met . They had names for themselves .She was Dolly, and I think his name was Buddy. So they could meet in secret I guess
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread