Closed Thread
Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree846Likes

Thread: 7/22 The Bachelorette 8: FINALE and LIVE ATFR

Re: 7/22 The Bachelorette 8: FINALE and LIVE ATFR

Glad she picked Jef...he seemed to be the best match for her...just hope it works out...because we all know these connections rarely last...once they get back in the real world...so hope they will be one of the few to really make it work

I just read a synopsis of the interviews with Kimmel (where I fell asleep) and Kelly Ripa and learned a few things. First of all, she said she knew for a while that it would be Jef. She said that seeing him with Ricki finally sealed the deal and she knew there wasn't any need to put Arie though any more. Second, when Jef proposed, she said something to the effect of, "That's HUGE! Are you rich???!!!???" which was edited out. She wasn't expecting a ring like that. And jef told no one in production that he would propose and emily hadn't been sure she would accept an engagement if he did, so everyone in was watching to find out what would happen Also, Arie was led to believe that Emily had pulled a Womack and chosen no one and that's why he flew cross country to try to win over Emily. It changed things for him when he understood that she had chosen Jef and they were happy.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I just read a synopsis of the interviews with Kimmel (where I fell asleep) and Kelly Ripa and learned a few things. First of all, she said she knew for a while that it would be Jef. She said that seeing him with Ricki finally sealed the deal and she knew there wasn't any need to put Arie though any more. Second, when Jef proposed, she said something to the effect of, "That's HUGE! Are you rich???!!!???" which was edited out. She wasn't expecting a ring like that. And jef told no one in production that he would propose and emily hadn't been sure she would accept an engagement if he did, so everyone in was watching to find out what would happen Also, Arie was led to believe that Emily had pulled a Womack and chosen no one and that's why he flew cross country to try to win over Emily. It changed things for him when he understood that she had chosen Jef and they were happy.
    Yes, I saw them on Live. It was Kelly who said of the ring".That's huge, are you rich." She embarrassed herself I think.But Emily did say she had known for awhile it was Jef.Jef also said, that he was asked several times what he was going to say and do. Nobody knew he was going to propose
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Ah, Kelly said it? What I read was wrong!

FORT Fogey

Kelly said it. Apparently she is not aware that ABC pays for the ring, not the F1. Emily, of course, would be. Jef said nothing when Kelly said that.

Emily Maynard's 3.5-carat diamond engagement ring is the biggest in 'The Bachelorette' history [Exclusive] - Yahoo! TV
    Last edited by AlwaysVeg; 07-24-2012 at 07:44 PM.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I can't quite remember who, but didn't one of the men on either TB or The Bachelorette show pay for the ring himself?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Two positives...he is a non-practicing Mormon and his Mom was able to come off of mission and be present in the audience at the ATFR. She was the lady in the white dress who hugged Emily for all she was worth at the end of the show.
    Earlier poster questioned Emily's motives for going to Africa with Jef for People water. I just wanted to remind poster that during one of Jef and Emilys first conversation they were talking about furture dreams and bucket lists type stuff and she told him one of her goals is to go Africa on a mission trip and do something humanitarian. You would have to go back and watch the episode to see her exact words. This was before she knew about his business and what it did in other countries.
    sweetpea, nanarama, JavaJo and 2 others like this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    The thing is....I've seen pictures of Emily out and about with Ricki, doing normal everyday stuff (going for ice cream is one example) and she wasn't dressed to the nines, didn't have a lot of make-up on and she had her hair in a ponytail. She looked pretty much like she did on the date with Ryan where they baked cookies. She looked really natural and normal. I think a lot of the pageant look was more for the show than anything. Remember how cute Ashley was and then she showed up at one of live end of the season shows and she looked horrible....dyed hair with fake hair and tons of make-up. She looked nothing like herself. She got Fleissed, just as Emily did.

As for being a gold digger...the only place I've read those comments are in the rags, and they notoriously make stuff up to sell their magazines, so....meh. Her family comes from money and the Hendricks, I'm sure, pay her child support for Ricki, which is normal. She doesn't need to gold dig...she's already loaded. And really, Jef is worth $3 million.....hardly enough cash for a hard core gold digger.
    Finally tired of the rude inquiries and statements calling her a gold digger, Emily during an interview today said, "My father worked very hard all his life to provide for his family. I am lucky enough he has taken care of me. Her estimated weath as a heiress is 5 million.
    NEPASue, mesachick and OceanView like this.

The ATFR recap is posted in the Weekly Run Down thread...THE SEASON IS COMPLETE! HOORAY!!!
    sweetpea, JavaJo and OceanView like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I can't quite remember who, but didn't one of the men on either TB or The Bachelorette show pay for the ring himself?
    I remember this as well, ECM. I'm pretty sure Andrew Firestone bought his own ring.

Closed Thread