Closed Thread
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree846Likes

Thread: 7/22 The Bachelorette 8: FINALE and LIVE ATFR

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: 7/22 The Bachelorette 8: FINALE and LIVE ATFR

Quote Originally Posted by miadora View Post
    I noticed the look too, but I took it as more of a confident calm understanding of the relationship on Jef's part. I am team JEM, but mostly for the J because he strikes me as a good, standup guy. DH was also raised Mormon (though I'm not) and he is the greatest, most considerate guy that I ever dated. And I waited until 34 to get married, so I did plenty of sampling.

I hope JEM lasts... IMO, she is too high maintenance for him (seen pics of his scrubby colleagues on his twit, doesn't strike me as the type of folks she'd rub elbows with). Though maybe he will have a positive effect on her and encourage her to take the pageant girl stuff down a notch and be more down-to-earth and less concerned with what other people think. The trip to Africa is a good start, but I was really surprised to hear that she was going and I reckon that she is romanticizing the trip in her head. Barbie on Safari!! When reality sets in, digging in the dirt under the hot sun without much in the way of luxuries... I'm sure she's trying to prove herself to Jef, but I hope it doesn't backfire. I also can't see her making the trips on a regular basis, years into the relationship, and after the initial relationship glow wears off. Hopefully they will have enough in common to keep it together after the initial warm & fuzzies.

Other than that, and her high maintenance, I think the other issue my be his parents and their highly respected roles in the mormon community, they might not be as approving or accepting of her. Thanks for letting me speculate
    Two positives...he is a non-practicing Mormon and his Mom was able to come off of mission and be present in the audience at the ATFR. She was the lady in the white dress who hugged Emily for all she was worth at the end of the show.
    nanarama and JavaJo like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The Finale Recap is posted in the Weekly Rundown thread. The ATFR will be up sometime tomorrow.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-23-2012 at 10:38 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by CookieJ View Post
    I guess I'm having trouble seeing why so many people didn't enjoy this season. I've watched since the first season, and out of all of the Bachelors and/or Bachelorettes we've seen over the years, Emily is right up there with Dr. Travis as my favorite.. and I'm eating my own words, because I remember turning to my husband when they announced she was going to be the lead and saying "A whole season of Nascar Barbie??" She surprised me. She was witty, fun, intelligent, and real. Above all, she seemed to know what was going on. When she told Chris "Ryan thinks he's manipulating me, but he's not" I sent up a Hallelujah cheer! The fact that the beginning of the season was in Charlotte and we saw "real people" in the park and outside in the city made it even more real. She wanted to do it HER way and MF obviously wanted her enough to do it her way, and in my opinion it worked.

Most of the 'fans' wanted Sean or Arie, but the fans aren't the ones that are trying to find love. My college boyfriend was the whole package: great job, exceptionally good looking, courteous and giving, and my parents loved him.. but I didn't. We just didn't have the chemistry and the things in common that would hold a lasting relationship together. The man I married has a great job, is maybe not conventionally good looking but I think he's hot, is just as courteous and giving, my parents love him, but because of his totally goofy sense of humor and the fact that we share the same values and the same wants out of life, I will stay married to him for the rest of my life. He can drive other people nuts, but frankly so can I! We are perfect for each other. A few of my friends shook their heads in the beginning and tried to nudge me away, but I held firm, and 15 years later they can all see that I was right.

I saw a spark between Emily and Jef in the beginning and I had the pleasure of watching it turn into a flame. I saw sides of her with him that I never saw with any other man on that show. She was free to be herself and she knew it. Most of the men that applied to be on her season might have just been drawn to Nascar Barbie, but I don't believe that's who Emily is. I think that Jef and Emily will last if they take it slow and keep it real. They've already started what I believe to be a very successful relationship as best friends. I wish them all the best.

Cookie
    Very NICE post Cookie, thank you!
    Cherob and OceanView like this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    Oh, I'm so sorry, MG, but this made me laugh the loud wheezy laugh!
    Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be funny, bless your heart

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgirl83 View Post
    Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be funny, bless your heart
    Haha~ I know, you weren't!

I'm not trying to make any waves, truly I'm not. I've agreed with you and your posts lots of other times -- just not the one about this show showing a real love story.
    Whether the couples survive or not after the end of each season, I've never thought The Bachelor/ette gives us a real love story. It may turn into one once all is said and done, but not all the scripted shenanigans we viewers see on TV.

Cheers to Love -- however it's discovered!
    bachelorwatcher likes this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

OK. I'm probably the last person in the world to watch the finale, but I just caught it on Hulu, and I have to say that the producers are even bigger sadists than I thought. How mean to have Arie making a love potion for Emily when they knew what was about to happen. MEAN, MEAN, MEAN!!!

I wish Jef and Emily and Ricki all the luck in the world. I'm not naive about this show, but my fingers are crossed that it works for them.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Chris Harrison's Blog about the Finale and ATFR is posted in his thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Two positives...he is a non-practicing Mormon and his Mom was able to come off of mission and be present in the audience at the ATFR. She was the lady in the white dress who hugged Emily for all she was worth at the end of the show.
    Thank you for confirming that. I has this feeling that was who she was.

Jef and Emily were on Live with Kelly this morning She said she knew for awhile that Jef was the one.( something like that) I dont know if thats true or if she was just saying that. It certainly doesn't matter now.

They seemed pretty calm, and together.More like a 'normal couple' now they are out of that whole bachelor setting.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Like always, I'm glad it's over.
    I wish them well & was glad to see they still seemed happy. But we all know the "happy couple" routine is put on every season & is rarely the way it ends up once the cameras are gone. Once the show & publicity are over they have to find out that the perfect life they've been living on the show becomes real life with all its problems. And real people who aren't perfect & wonderful all the time. The whole "warts & all" thing.

I still just don't see her choice. She seemed to go with her head & friendship rather than her heart & love. But many solid relationships start out that way. so what the heck.
    I said from the beginning that this season was odd because it wasn't "Let's find Emily love & a husband". Instead it was "Let's find Ricki a new daddy". That seems to be what happened.

I only hope their hopefullness continues & grows.
    bachelorwatcher likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Closed Thread