Closed Thread
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree846Likes

Thread: 7/22 The Bachelorette 8: FINALE and LIVE ATFR

FORT Fan

Re: 7/22 The Bachelorette 8: FINALE and LIVE ATFR

I just finished watching the show and something about Jef's face in the ATFR looked unsure to me.

Also I thought there was supposed to be some earth shattering news revealed? So what was it? If its Jef moving to NC thats hardly surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by mimi View Post
    Who cries like that? Emily can cry real tears and even sniffle a little bit, but never seems to require Kleenex. She's a lucky girl -- because when I cry, the whites of my eyes turn red, my eyes instantly turn puffy, my eye makeup runs down my cheeks, and if I'm wearing waterproof mascara, it all clumps together. My nose completely fills up with snot, and if I don't blow my nose I sound like I'm talking with a clothespin over my nose.
    First - This was my favorite part of all the comments, and I just read through them all! That just cracked me up - probably because I am the same way. I want to be able to have a pretty cry!!!

Second - Call me crazy, but I actually buy into the Emily/Jef relationship! I thought they have a fun chemistry and they seem genuine. I liked both Jef and Arie so I wasn't disappointed either way, but I definitely thought that she and Jef had that flirt -> friendship -> love thing going on, which is important. Kissing is good too, but you can also work on that with your significant other over time - it's more important to have the friend/love foundation first. Geez, I sound cliche, but it's true!

I wasn't disappointed this season, I thought Emily handled the process well and I'm happy with the ending. Hope they last!

*edited because I initially removed the \ from the end quote tag by mistake.

Hey Jayceegirl, sorry to hear of your accident. It sounds painful. Take care of yourself.

Totally missed the finale. I will just settle for reading this thread. I will say there's only been two times where I watched ATFR and said, "they won't make it." It was DeAnna/Jesse and Brad/Emily. D&J just tried too hard and Bremily was brutal. Other than that, the final couple can usually win me over or get a "I wish them well. They look happy" out of me.

ETA: FORGOT JAKE AND VIENNA. I knew that was a farce as well.
    Last edited by Luvvy; 07-23-2012 at 04:31 PM.
    dzigner and nanarama like this.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Where's the surprise ending Fleiss promised? There was no surprise ending. This show was exactly like all the proposal shows from previous seasons... and I mean EXACTLY. How disappointing. The one exception was when Brad didn't choose anybody. Also, I got sick of Emily's fake crying. If her wedding was televised, I wouldn't watch. I'm not intersted in watching any other reality show she might be on. She had her fifteen minutes of fame.
    There was no surprise?? LOL
    It looked like Fleiss' lies worked for ratings though.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutscher View Post
    AGREED!

Who is this jef and where did he come from????

The first 8 weeks there couldn't have been more than 30 seconds of this dude.....and all of a sudden he's the dude?

I'm dumbfounded, confused, and a little bit annoyed. I know they edit for suspense, but this time we were really blindsided!

Jef?.......Wowsa!
    IKR! I was thinking it was Arie all the way. I don't know where it became Jef, but if I hadn't peeked at spoilers...a few weeks in...I would have never chosen him. Hidden edit? I guess.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78 View Post
    I just finished watching the show and something about Jef's face in the ATFR looked unsure to me.

Also I thought there was supposed to be some earth shattering news revealed? So what was it? If its Jef moving to NC thats hardly surprising.
    I think that's terror setting in.
    Midol likes this.
    This isnít the Sound of freaking Music weíre watching.......sdl

I am fighting the urge to be cynical because I think it would be cool if this worked out. As ridiculous an idea as this show is for finding lasting love, it is obviously possible.

But it is awfully darned easy to get caught up in the emotion and whatever else is going on with a couple in the early stages of a relationship. Everything is always perfect at the beginning. No one is "real" right away.

And we don't know these people at all. We have no idea what they're really like. I do think we owe it to them to trust what they say they're feeling. I mean seriously, who are we to question that? Personally, I'd hate it if someone were watching my SO and I at a picnic or something and they decided we were having problems because "something didn't look right between us."

But that said, these two aren't really themselves yet. They may go the distance and work through their challenges. Or we may find that Jef got caught up in goddess worship (as someone here said earlier) and he said all the right things and Emily ate it up and at some point later on, she will stop being a goddess and he will stop saying all the right things and tire of the real Emily and she will be forced to seek out engagement #4. She's got guts; I'll give her that!
    sweetpea, Imperfect1 and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78 View Post
    I noticed the look too, but I took it as more of a confident calm understanding of the relationship on Jef's part. I am team JEM, but mostly for the J because he strikes me as a good, standup guy. DH was also raised Mormon (though I'm not) and he is the greatest, most considerate guy that I ever dated. And I waited until 34 to get married, so I did plenty of sampling.

I hope JEM lasts... IMO, she is too high maintenance for him (seen pics of his scrubby colleagues on his twit, doesn't strike me as the type of folks she'd rub elbows with). Though maybe he will have a positive effect on her and encourage her to take the pageant girl stuff down a notch and be more down-to-earth and less concerned with what other people think. The trip to Africa is a good start, but I was really surprised to hear that she was going and I reckon that she is romanticizing the trip in her head. Barbie on Safari!! When reality sets in, digging in the dirt under the hot sun without much in the way of luxuries... I'm sure she's trying to prove herself to Jef, but I hope it doesn't backfire. I also can't see her making the trips on a regular basis, years into the relationship, and after the initial relationship glow wears off. Hopefully they will have enough in common to keep it together after the initial warm & fuzzies.

Other than that, and her high maintenance, I think the other issue my be his parents and their highly respected roles in the mormon community, they might not be as approving or accepting of her. Thanks for letting me speculate
    Last edited by miadora; 07-23-2012 at 05:25 PM.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

The thing is....I've seen pictures of Emily out and about with Ricki, doing normal everyday stuff (going for ice cream is one example) and she wasn't dressed to the nines, didn't have a lot of make-up on and she had her hair in a ponytail. She looked pretty much like she did on the date with Ryan where they baked cookies. She looked really natural and normal. I think a lot of the pageant look was more for the show than anything. Remember how cute Ashley was and then she showed up at one of live end of the season shows and she looked horrible....dyed hair with fake hair and tons of make-up. She looked nothing like herself. She got Fleissed, just as Emily did.

As for being a gold digger...the only place I've read those comments are in the rags, and they notoriously make stuff up to sell their magazines, so....meh. Her family comes from money and the Hendricks, I'm sure, pay her child support for Ricki, which is normal. She doesn't need to gold dig...she's already loaded. And really, Jef is worth $3 million.....hardly enough cash for a hard core gold digger.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Closed Thread