Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree846Likes

Thread: 7/22 The Bachelorette 8: FINALE and LIVE ATFR

Re: 7/22 The Bachelorette 8: FINALE and LIVE ATFR

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    And was Jef wearing pajama jeans? They looked all stretchy. What's that about.
    I haven't watched it yet but will definitely be looking for them!
    Cornholio likes this.

Have you ever met a child who is soooo high maintenance and annoying, you can't wait to leave the room, all the while wondering why the parents don't realize that their kid is being obnoxious and bothersome? Out of 100 kids you might meet, you can easily be magnetically drawn to 99 of them, enjoying their cuteness and childlike nature .... but there's that one kid who craves attention and will do anything to get it. Precocious is one thing, but some kids can easily push that to a distraction and even repulsion. If I was considering asking someone to marry me, you can be damn sure I'd insist on meeting their kid(s) before I popped the question! I don't find it odd at all that Jef wanted to meet Ricki before he proposed. Actually, I would think his proposal was idiotic and insincere had he not done so.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue View Post
    I haven't watched it yet but will definitely be looking for them!
    They look very comfortable, but I'm not sure I would have worn them on that show. Jef has a boyish figure and those stretchy jeans didn't help.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Regarding Arie's journal, I for one do not think she read it. I wouldn't have! To read it would to be a reminder of the feelings they once shared, and refresh the sadness she felt when she rejected him. I doubt she'd want to dredge up those feelings again. Not to mention those are his personal thoughts, and she might feel like she's invading his privacy, even though she was invited to do so. I'm thinking Arie was a bit relieved that she didn't (if she didn't) read them.
    J.D. and ilja like this.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Regarding Arie's journal, I for one do not think she read it. I wouldn't have! To read it would to be a reminder of the feelings they once shared, and refresh the sadness she felt when she rejected him. I doubt she'd want to dredge up those feelings again. Not to mention those are his personal thoughts, and she might feel like she's invading his privacy, even though she was invited to do so. I'm thinking Arie was a bit relieved that she didn't (if she didn't) read them.
    So why tell him to leave it? wasn't that her decision
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

What a weird season.

All I got out of last night's extravagana was three hours older.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

It is what it is......
    While I got to like Emily more this season, I did find the entire season, overall, pretty boring.
    And, while I knew whom she was going to pick all along, I still thought they might make it a bit more exciting than they did. During the last hour, I had to flip between Emily and the Real Housewives of NJ!! Now, there's some drama on that show that this season's Bachette was sorely lacking.
    While I think it's sweet to have a drama free season, I do think they painted Emily as Saint Emily, overall. Looks like they didn't even allow Arie to get upset with her. Contrast that with how Ben F. reacted to Ashley's breakup with him. Or, how Brad got trashed during his season for not picking "mah hearrrrt is breaaaaking" Deanna!
    Not sure why Fleiss treated Emily with such kid gloves, but it sure seemed that way to me.

I can't wait to watch BP this evening. I need my dose of reality TV snark that I missed with this season's Bachelorette and, thank heaven, BP is always good for that.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 07-23-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    Midol likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Bye-bye Emily and Jef. Maybe Emily will be so moved by the plight of people in Africa who don't get multi-million-dollar trust funds and all the money they can spend on designer clothes, shoes, and purses as the result of teen pregnancies that they will decide to stay there. Ugh, I'm not spending another moment watching her on my TV screen. Had to laugh when Jef was asked what he loves about Emily and one of his answers was that she's smart. Oh Jef, poor Jef. He must have dated some real dingbats. When I taught high school decades ago, most of my students could express themselves verbally better than she does without a script, and with no need to use a baby voice either.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    What a weird season.

All I got out of last night's extravagana was three hours older.
    LOL .OMG it wassooooooo long wasn't it. I fell asleep twice. I guess I have recorded what I missed, I just have no real desire to see it

I can't wait to watch BP this evening. I need my dose of reality TV snark that I missed with this season's Bachelorette and, thank heaven, BP is always good for that
    norealityhere I agree. After a very bland season, I need some BP- even if I dont see it all.
    norealityhere likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by mimi View Post
    Have you ever met a child who is soooo high maintenance and annoying, you can't wait to leave the room, all the while wondering why the parents don't realize that their kid is being obnoxious and bothersome? Out of 100 kids you might meet, you can easily be magnetically drawn to 99 of them, enjoying their cuteness and childlike nature .... but there's that one kid who craves attention and will do anything to get it. Precocious is one thing, but some kids can easily push that to a distraction and even repulsion. If I was considering asking someone to marry me, you can be damn sure I'd insist on meeting their kid(s) before I popped the question! I don't find it odd at all that Jef wanted to meet Ricki before he proposed. Actually, I would think his proposal was idiotic and insincere had he not done so.
    Yes, I have had students like that in class. The things that bothered me were 1)Jef PUSHING her for him to meet Ricki and the way he asked about the puppet he "bought" her, 2) the fact she didn't give Arie the chance to meet Ricki. I think she is scared of a true relationship. It makes me wonder when both my 20 year-old daughter and I get the same vibe about a guy when we haven't even discussed him.
    mesachick and Debb70 like this.