Closed Thread
Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree846Likes

Thread: 7/22 The Bachelorette 8: FINALE and LIVE ATFR

Re: 7/22 The Bachelorette 8: FINALE and LIVE ATFR

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Fads and trends come and go. Those are the things when we look at pictures of ourselves twenty years ago, we go "what the hell was I thinking?" There is a reason that certain things are classics...it's because they never go out of style.
    Every classic was a trend at one time.
    ilja likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Regular

My daughter hated Arie's gift to Emily's parents. She called it regifting with decomposed flowers. Yay - compost!
    dzigner likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dot-Calm View Post
    I thought Ashley wanted to finish her internship or residency before she got married. Imagine a Bachelorette putting her career first!
    During the Ben/Model (being nice and staying within FORT rules) season, they had Ashley and JP on I think WTA. She said that she was doing her residency first then they were going to get married. They still are together though, and plan on getting married and have Chris officiate the ceremony. Personally, I think A/JP are doing the right thing - that way if heaven forbid the worst happen (and I do not mean they just divorce or something), both have an education to continue on and make a living in their lives.

As far as Emily and Jef - I'm not going to worry about motives or money incentives or whatnot. That's not my business, but I do hope that the duo are indeed in love and stay in love and wish them the best. We've had more failures than successes in this show for long term relationships/marriages so another successful one would be nice.

And yes, I think Arie will be a future bachelor - not the next one though.
    sweetpea and NEPASue like this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Is she not even going to give Arie one last date?
    She couldn't give Arie one last date - she can't keep her hands off him. Plus she didn't want two guys meeting Ricki and confusing her.
    Can you imagine - "sweetie - mommy wants them both - can you help me pick one - let's do eenie - meenie - minie - mo". I know everyone loves Jef,
    but something just doesn't sit right with me. There body language was off, they have no sparks - this girl didn't follow her heart - she went with her head."

Poor Arie!

Arie said all the right things, and was being groomed to be a bachelor
    I do not think that Arie "said all the right things" at all. I think Jef was the one who always seemed to have some fabulous line in his back pocket and did not feel sincere to me at all. I always felt Arie was very real and I think that was proven out last night with his reactions to the break up and his comments at the ATFR.

And I do not see Arie as the bachelor. I hope I am wrong, because I would enjoy a show with him as the lead.

I hope Emily and Jef are happy and that they make it. I will never understand her decision but that's her business, not mine. I do wish them the best.

Someone upthread said something about "what weren't we shown?" and that is how I feel, like we missed some major happenings that made her choose Jef over Arie.

I just knew in my gut she was going to pick Jef, but again, I still do not understand why and I kept hoping my gut was wrong and there would be a love story between her and Arie. Instead I feel like I watched a guy who is way too young for the girl (despite his real age) saying a bunch of stuff that she wanted to hear. Jef was the scripted one this year, IMO.

It was certainly all a huge letdown.
    mesachick, jucamer, Midol and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by scruffy View Post
    My daughter hated Arie's gift to Emily's parents. She called it regifting with decomposed flowers. Yay - compost!
    LOL. I thought it was an odd gift. I doubt he came up with it, maybe the show did. But why would they care for the roses, he got?
    Arie happy, Arie po'd, Arie sad( kind of)

I don't hold out a lot of hope for Emily and Jef. I dont really know why. He loves the camera, she loves the camera, it might just work. I hope it does because the media will slaughter him. Not her, him!!

I think she did read Aries journal,( didn't you love the fake surprised look Chris Harrison gave) 'oh its here ' . Then Arie said I wish you had said , dont leave the journal and just go home with it( something like that) Emily wanted to know what he said.

Where Jef proposed was okay, her dress? nah.I was so hoping it didnt have sparkles on it.What was I thinking
    iwatchtv and AlwaysVeg like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin View Post
    There body language was off, they have no sparks - this girl didn't follow her heart - she went with her head.
    This might very well describe the early days of my relationship with Mr. Rattus, a man I love more now than when I first married him, and who loves me more than when he first married me. My friends who married their assorted Mr. Excitements, however, are all divorced, with the exception of one friend who is unhappily living with her Mr. Excitement and their kids in another country. Sparks are rarely around for the long term, and if that's what one bases a relationship on, then one is bound to be disappointed eventually.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

IMO it seemed like Jef whined too much and begged to meet Ricki. His argument to put herself in his position made no sense, since she had not met his parents. She kept saying she couldn't expect Jef to make a commitment to her without meeting the most important person in her life. Well, she hadn't met his parents and he was asking her to. Odd.

I just don't get a real romantic vibe off of Jef. I'm not sure what it is. It just feels adolescent to me. And was Jef wearing pajama jeans? They looked all stretchy. What's that about.

I'm not sure I'm buying it. I'm still considering the possibility that Jeff offers the best exit strategy. Time will tell. But for the way it appears to me, I say....it is what it is......
    Midol and iwatchtv like this.

FORT Regular

I still feel like Jef was her backup the entire season. Her friend, Michelle Money, is his friend as well and she told her to keep him and give him a chance. I feel that if she hadn't contacted her and let it play out on its own, she wouldn't have kept him past date 3. I think she was/is afraid to fall in love because of how young she was when Ricky died. I think she went with a friend relationship. I get a manipulator vibe from him. There appeared to be absolutely no chemistry or love between them. My 20 year-old daughter (who loved Sean) said she felt that Jef was fake.

I hope I am wrong and they will be happy, but I just don't get it. I have rewatched Ashley and JP scenes on youtube and you can SEE their love, just don't see it with Emily and Jef.

Who cries like that? Emily can cry real tears and even sniffle a little bit, but never seems to require Kleenex. She's a lucky girl -- because when I cry, the whites of my eyes turn red, my eyes instantly turn puffy, my eye makeup runs down my cheeks, and if I'm wearing waterproof mascara, it all clumps together. My nose completely fills up with snot, and if I don't blow my nose I sound like I'm talking with a clothespin over my nose. How can that girl present as though her heart has been completely broken in two, lips quivering, tears spilling down her cheeks, yet she can simply wipe the moisture away with her perfectly manicured fingertips and still look glowingly refreshed and beautiful? I realize there is a lot of editing and time segments are broken up, but really ... if you're completely heartsick and dumping a man who you profess to love, you cry "ugly tears" (Emily's description, not mine). It was kind of strange foreshadowing watching her allow Arie to smear his "love potion" on her arms while she cheerfully complimented his concoction, almost like a mother telling her toddler that her mud pies were the prettiest mud pies she had ever seen! That was just painful and awkward to watch.

Someone mentioned that Jef was wealthy -- like 50 million wealthy. I didn't realize that -- is that actually true? That is the only wealth that would be enticing enough to sway Emily to marry anyone, IMO. I simply can't see Emily settling down with an insurance agent, living on a shoestring budget and living on macaroni and cheese. No way.

I always liked Jef, though. Right from the start I was impressed with everything about him (except for his haircut -- he has great hair, but that style is a little strange to me). I hope Emily doesn't break his heart, but if they don't work out, Jef will have no problem finding love again. No problem at all ...

Closed Thread