Closed Thread
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree846Likes

Thread: 7/22 The Bachelorette 8: FINALE and LIVE ATFR

Re: 7/22 The Bachelorette 8: FINALE and LIVE ATFR

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Even though they are now engaged, I think it is probably wise that Jef gets his own place nearby and not move in with Emily and Ricki.
    I agree with you, because of the child involved, but even moreso because of my own traditional beliefs. I honestly would really, REALLY love to see a traditional relationship without a previous living-together arrangement, and have the groom carry the bride over the threshhold after the wedding/honeymoon.

That's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dot-Calm View Post
    This was one of the most civil seasons I recall.
    Which is probably why it was so boring.
    fireflyer and Rattus like this.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Arie was hurt. He flew to NC to Emily after the show, without the producers' knowledge, and left his journal on her doorstep. Then he split.

Emily pulls out a manilla envelope with a journal inside. Cut to commercial.
    I could have sworn she also said, after Arie left the stage, that EVERY TIME she heard from or spoke with Arie, she could talk to Jef about it and Jef would call Arie. Every time? That means there were more attempts at contact besides leaving her the journal.

Just started watching on the west coast. Finding the audience laughter to be a bit distracting. Wow, that Ernie is a tough nut to crack. Although I had to laugh when Jef asked if he thought Emily was ready to settle down and Ernie said, "Emily isn't going to settle..." um, OK.

It sounds like Jef and Arie really found a friendship through all this. I hope that lasts.

Glad the season is done. I wish the couple all the best. Not sure they will make it to the altar, but I hope they can give a real-life relationship a go at least.
    G.G., Cootie, jucamer and 2 others like this.

Let's keep the discussion based on tonight's show, and remember to keep it civil, please.
    JavaJo likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Deutscher View Post
    How do you know they are veneers? Are you her dentist?
    There's a high school senior photo of her in which you can clearly see she has totally different (natural looking) teeth. So either those are veneers or her teeth had a major growth spurt after graduation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    Just started watching on the west coast. Finding the audience laughter to be a bit distracting. Wow, that Ernie is a tough nut to crack. Although I had to laugh when Jef asked if he thought Emily was ready to settle down and Ernie said, "Emily isn't going to settle..." um, OK.
    Eric sounds a bit thick . Her mum sure is strange looking( to me)

Its like Emily wants her family to choose( more fake tears) She already knows what and who she wants
    Pandora2 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I have only tuned in for bits and pieces of this show, but what I picked up on is this -

Emily wants financial security - and love. Jef provides the former and comes close to the latter. Plus, he is young and easily moldable. Emily will get him to be what she wants him to be. Even the ATFR was telling...he's moving to Charlotte, the wedding will be in the spring in Charleston, etc. Not much give and take event from the outset.

Sounds awful, I know, but that is just my feeling based on what I've seen and heard.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I think Ashley and JP are the real deal which is very nice to watch!
    I want financial security and love. I didn't think there was anything wrong with that.

As for lazy, irresponsible bums, been there, done that, got the t-shirt and got stuck with the bill for it.
    Moontat, NEPASue and Dragonlady like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgirl83 View Post
    Hi everybody!!! So I haven't been here much because I found a board where everbody is sharing the Jef love and I feel more at home there but I still love some of my FORT girlies here so I just wanted to drop in and say Hi oh and also....

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

CONGRATS TO JEF. EMILY AND RICKI!!

See y'all for Bach pad 3

I know someone would be verrrrrrrrrrrrrry happy! LOL
    cubsfan55 and Mikesgirl83 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread