Closed Thread
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree846Likes

Thread: 7/22 The Bachelorette 8: FINALE and LIVE ATFR

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/22 The Bachelorette 8: FINALE and LIVE ATFR

I have only tuned in for bits and pieces of this show, but what I picked up on is this -

Emily wants financial security - and love. Jef provides the former and comes close to the latter. Plus, he is young and easily moldable. Emily will get him to be what she wants him to be. Even the ATFR was telling...he's moving to Charlotte, the wedding will be in the spring in Charleston, etc. Not much give and take event from the outset.

Sounds awful, I know, but that is just my feeling based on what I've seen and heard.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I think Ashley and JP are the real deal which is very nice to watch!
    fireflyer, Midol, Pandora2 and 2 others like this.

I didn't notice the same intense chemistry during this AFTR as I did during the Ali/Roberto season, nor the Ashley/JP season, nor even the Jake/Vienna season.

Tonight's AFTR was boring. Maybe that means it's true love.
    I'm sitting here a little dumbfounded, wondering why I'm not 100% satisfied.
    I guess the editors sucked this season.
    Midol likes this.

Okay, I get the skepticism, but I got a totally different vibe seeing Jef and Emily together compared to her and Brad. I never bought into that relationship. Also, Jef and Emily had a lot of conversations about real things including the future and how Jef would fit into Rikki's life. Compare that to what was shown with the other guys especially Arie. You can only make out for so long. A couple needs to have more than just that. Maybe it won't work - maybe it will. I wish them luck.
    G.G., Kip, dzigner and 2 others like this.

Emily wants a spring wedding... that's approx 9 months out.
    Just do it.
    I think Jef's presence will be an immense help for Ricki.
    alizarules likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD View Post
    To me, there was only one glaring false note: When Emily said "the ring means nothing to me. I'd be happy with tape around my finger."
    I share the same sentiment... a piece of metal doesn't in any way compare to a person's devotion.

I hope in her case it's heartfelt.

Probably part of the reason she picked Jef was because he was willing to move to her town.
    I noticed they were very proper: "I will move to her town but live in a separate place". Quite proper.

Is this "putting on airs"?
    Kip and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    I didn't notice the same intense chemistry during this AFTR as I did during the Ali/Roberto season, nor the Ashley/JP season, nor even the Jake/Vienna season.

Tonight's AFTR was boring. Maybe that means it's true love.
    I'm sitting here a little dumbfounded, wondering why I'm not 100% satisfied.
    I guess the editors sucked this season.
    This season was drab and dull
    Roll on the BP. LOL
    fireflyer and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I don't think they were putting on airs. Didn't they both have a conversation where both said they don't believe in living together before marriage? Or am I dreaming that? Even though they are now engaged, I think it is probably wise that Jef gets his own place nearby and not move in with Emily and Ricki.
    Kip, NEPASue, JavaJo and 4 others like this.

FORT Regular

This was one of the most civil seasons I recall.
    fireflyer and jucamer like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Is Jef Emily's son?
    Thanks, fireflyer. I just choked on my cough drop and now I'm coughing more! That's hilarious! It's amazing that someone could have plastic surgery at such a young age and wind up looking 10 years older than they are. I thought it was funny when Jef came to meet the parents. There was Emily all dolled up and elegant in her Ladies Who Lunch sheath dress and high heels, while Jef looked like an extra from the cast of "Grease." I think on his part, this is more a case of goddess worship than it is true love with an equal partner. He'll do whatever she wants, and she knows it. If that's what works for them, fine and dandy.

FORT Fan

Hi everybody!!! So I haven't been here much because I found a board where everbody is sharing the Jef love and I feel more at home there but I still love some of my FORT girlies here so I just wanted to drop in and say Hi oh and also....

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

CONGRATS TO JEF. EMILY AND RICKI!!

See y'all for Bach pad 3

Closed Thread