Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: bachelor and bachelorettes pursuing other tv shows

FORT Newbie

bachelor and bachelorettes pursuing other tv shows

Not sure how to do this, however with the Emily thread currently closed, and the discussion about her pursuing another tv show being discussed at one point I wondered if this topic would be ok?

I was a fan of Chris Lamdon as well, and I see he and Peyton have their own tv show on HGTV, so is it possible they used the Bachelorette show to pursue their tv aspirations as well. Jillian also went on to have some sort of home decorating show.

So why not Emily? If those rumors turn out to be true!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: bachelor and bachelorettes pursuing other tv shows

I might as well pile on. Trying to go chronologically as much as I can remember. Didn't Trista and Ryan have some kind of show other than their wedding? Bob Guiney has been on a few shows, I believe in some fashion - maybe as cohost? Was Meredith involved in a cooking show? She at least wrote a book. Jesse Palmer appears to have used his experience to give him a bit of a leg up for his job as a sportscaster (I don't think he was doing that before). Don't forget Travis Stork, who has probably had the most success post-Bachelor (as a side note, also got married just a few weeks ago). DeYawna was part of some bridal show. I'm pretty sure Vienna and Kasey somehow got some minor reality show for a short while. I heard Jake Pavelka was also supposed to be part of a reality show about opening a new restaurant, but I never saw if it aired.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

FORT Fan

I believe Emily was asked about this after the fact, if it was true and she gave a disgusted NO!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I might as well pile on. Trying to go chronologically as much as I can remember. Didn't Trista and Ryan have some kind of show other than their wedding? Bob Guiney has been on a few shows, I believe in some fashion - maybe as cohost? Was Meredith involved in a cooking show? She at least wrote a book. Jesse Palmer appears to have used his experience to give him a bit of a leg up for his job as a sportscaster (I don't think he was doing that before). Don't forget Travis Stork, who has probably had the most success post-Bachelor (as a side note, also got married just a few weeks ago). DeYawna was part of some bridal show. I'm pretty sure Vienna and Kasey somehow got some minor reality show for a short while. I heard Jake Pavelka was also supposed to be part of a reality show about opening a new restaurant, but I never saw if it aired.
    Chris Lambton, Jesse Palmer and Dr. Stork have knowledge about specific subjects that usually is required to host a show.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Chris Lambton, Jesse Palmer and Dr. Stork have knowledge about specific subjects that usually is required to host a show.
    I hope I didn't sound like I was being critical. I was just saying that those people have been able to parlay their exposure into at least minor TV careers. I doubt Chris Lambton and Travis would have TV careers if it weren't for The Bachelor. Jesse may have been able to become a sportscaster as have other retired athletes, but he became more of a household name after The Bachelor.

Not sure how I forgot Melissa Rycroft-Strickland. She had been doing reality TV before The Bachelor, but The Bachelor was a step up from the show about trying out for The Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders. I'm sure she's done much better for herself since her stint on The Bachelor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgirl83 View Post
    I believe Emily was asked about this after the fact, if it was true and she gave a disgusted NO!
    I guess it would be hard to blame her if she was thrown a lot of money to do some kind of reality TV show. I read a US Magazine article the other day in which "a source" said that Emily hates that the experience of the show is over. That's an awful statement! It would mean she enjoyed the travel, attention, glitzy clothes, etc. more than she enjoys her life with the one she chose and her normal life with Ricki. I have to believe that's either a misquote or just worded very poorly. I can understand having had a great experience, but for Ricki's sake, I hope she is glad that their life is about to get a little closer to normal (aside from post-show talk show circuit and other attention she'll be getting).
    fireflyer and Cherob like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I hope I didn't sound like I was being critical. I was just saying that those people have been able to parlay their exposure into at least minor TV careers. I doubt Chris Lambton and Travis would have TV careers if it weren't for The Bachelor. Jesse may have been able to become a sportscaster as have other retired athletes, but he became more of a household name after The Bachelor. Not sure how I forgot Melissa Rycroft-Strickland. She had been doing reality TV before The Bachelor, but The Bachelor was a step up from the show about trying out for The Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders. I'm sure she's done much better for herself since her stint on The Bachelor.
    I read something about Jake Pavelka having a show about new restaurant, but his field of expertise is piloting airplanes. Maybe that's why his restaurant show wasn't successful, or even aired. What is Emily's field of expertise?

I read something about Jake Pavelka having a show about new restaurant, but his field of expertise is piloting airplanes. Maybe that's why his restaurant show wasn't successful, or even aired. What is Emily's field of expertise?
    That god awful show (Famous Food) did air on VH-1 with some other D list stars - I watched a few minutes of one episode episode and that was it. I couldn't stomach watching another minute of that douchebag

FORT Newbie

Spending money?
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fan

Jesse Palmer was on ESPN's broadcast team for college football games. He was like the C-team, but he was already employed with them before he did the show. Lorezno has been on two different reality shows since his season. He was featured on an episode of Selling New York on HGTV and he is most recently on Bravo's Miss Advised, he is a friend of one the three women featured on the show. He is still single, imagine that.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast