Closed Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree445Likes

Thread: 7/16 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 10 THE MEN TELL ALL **West Coast Spoilers

Re: 7/16 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 10 THE MEN TELL ALL **West Coast Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    She did stop filming, because she said to the production staff, "Hey ya'll, what should I do?" or something like that. When the lead starts talking to the production staff during filming about what just happened, of course filming of the scene stops. A simple "oops" and quick blot of the napkin would have sufficed. Obviously our opinions of Emily differ. That's what a discussion board is about. [mod edit]
    She did not stop filming. If filming stopped then how did we get to see the film of what happened? What does it matter anyway? She is very close with the production staff (Cassie is one of her closest friends). They were all laughing (including Joe), you could hear them in the background, so it seems perfectly natural that she turn to them to see if they wanted to do a retake, or just to share the laugh with them. They certainly didn't care about it, and they are the one's footing the bill, so why should anyone else? It's not like it impacted the show lol. All it did was provide a blooper.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Well, I dont think we got a chance to know that
    Was he not here to date Emily( great date)
    Well sure didn't look like he cared during the MTA when the exchange about the dress happened. He was laughing along with Emily when the spill happened during their date as well. I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that he didn't care then, or now.

I like her sense of humour, particularly what comes through in her blogs. I didn't see much of it in Brad's season so it's nice to see she has a witty side. Personally, I am not the slightest bit upset that she stopped to comment on having spilled wine on her favourite dress, and was upset about it. As I mentioned earlier, the girl is in fact human, even though she is as pretty as a barbie doll come to life. Last time I checked, human does not equal perfect. I think she's done a pretty good job so far with her show, she's certainly not squicking me out like Blob did, grossing me out like Jake, or boring me to tears like Ben. Different strokes for different folks and all that, but I think it's telling that the worst things we can say about her at this point is she gets upset when she spills something on her favourite dress and she has a quieter sense of humour. In Bachelor-Land, that's a pretty good track record for heading into the final show.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    She did not stop filming. If filming stopped then how did we get to see the film of what happened? What does it matter anyway? She is very close with the production staff (Cassie is one of her closest friends). They were all laughing (including Joe), you could hear them in the background, so it seems perfectly natural that she turn to them to see if they wanted to do a retake, or just to share the laugh with them. They certainly didn't care about it, and they are the one's footing the bill, so why should anyone else? It's not like it impacted the show lol. All it did was provide a blooper.
    Some bloopers allow us to see the real person, thats why I like them. In this case, for me, it showed her to be a tad shallow .I did not laugh and I think even some of those that like her didn't laugh at that part. It didn't impact the show, because we never got to see it in the show.

I find her boring, and now I can add shallow to that
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I like her sense of humour, particularly what comes through in her blogs. I didn't see much of it in Brad's season so it's nice to see she has a witty side. Personally, I am not the slightest bit upset that she stopped to comment on having spilled wine on her favourite dress, and was upset about it. As I mentioned earlier, the girl is in fact human, even though she is as pretty as a barbie doll come to life. Last time I checked, human does not equal perfect. I think she's done a pretty good job so far with her show, she's certainly not squicking me out like Blob did, grossing me out like Jake, or boring me to tears like Ben. Different strokes for different folks and all that, but I think it's telling that the worst things we can say about her at this point is she gets upset when she spills something on her favourite dress and she has a quieter sense of humour. In Bachelor-Land, that's a pretty good track record for heading into the final show.
    Exactly.

But, isn't the 'real person' often the one with flaws? Sure, to many that might have come across as shallow but to others it might have just been an understandable moment and perhaps doesn't reflect who she is as a person, inside. I would hate to think I would be judged harshly by my little foibles, but then again I probably am when I'm out and about, since the people who witness my less-than-perfect side won't know me well enough to smile and shrug at it.
    mesachick, ilja and iwatchtv like this.

But, isn't the 'real person' often the one with flaws? Sure, to many that might have come across as shallow but to others it might have just been an understandable moment and perhaps doesn't reflect who she is as a person, inside. I would hate to think I would be judged harshly by my little foibles, but then again I probably am when I'm out and about, since the people who witness my less-than-perfect side won't know me well enough to smile and shrug at it.
    You arent on TV , trying to find a daddy. So of course you wouldnt be judged as *cough* harshly as poor Emily and her pretty dress..
    Mikesgirl83 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I think it's telling that the worst things we can say about her at this point is she gets upset when she spills something on her favourite dress and she has a quieter sense of humour. In Bachelor-Land, that's a pretty good track record for heading into the final show.
    Can we add sophomoric and not too bright to the list? I'm not a fan.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fan

I love Emily I love our final two guys (best F2 ever!) I'm so excited for Sunday night

Just trying to lighten things up in here
    mesachick, ilja, jucamer and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgirl83 View Post
    I love Emily I love our final two guys (best F2 ever!) I'm so excited for Sunday night

Just trying to lighten things up in here
    LOL . . I am so glad its over soon and she is off my tv( and yes I can turn it off anytime) I just like to LOL
    Mikesgirl83 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread