Closed Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree445Likes

Thread: 7/16 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 10 THE MEN TELL ALL **West Coast Spoilers

Re: 7/16 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 10 THE MEN TELL ALL **West Coast Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    You have your experience and I have mine. When you are the only woman walking into a meeting with a bunch of guys and they automatically start censoring what they say because they don't want to offend you, it is amazing how much the atmosphere can change in an instant for the better with one well placed curse word.
    I would prefer they look at me, as if I am one them. An equal if you were I just wouldnt stoop to their level
    Florimel and Alexxxx like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm interested to hear people's ages and how that corresponds to their thoughts - and I'm being serious. .
    I'm a 52-year-old atheist cubicle drone with a global finance firm. I was raised in the catholic church by a journalist/editor with a religious bent, and a bookkeeper who went to church on Christmas every second year or so. He swore, she rarely did. My husband is a 56-year-old truck driver who was raised on a farm without electricity, plumbing or religion, and he doesn't swear nearly as much as I do, nor does he have my reasonably extensive vocabulary.
    Last edited by Rattus; 07-17-2012 at 02:37 PM.
    NEPASue likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I would prefer they look at me, as if I am one them. An equal if you were I just wouldnt stoop to their level
    But if you are the only woman in the meeting, you are not "one of them", no matter what you think. Especially if you are the lawyer and they are the business people. As for stooping to their level - when they are the client you don't have much of a choice. I wouldn't call it stooping to their level, I would call it breaking the ice and making them comfortable. Like I said, you have your experience and I have mine. Mine works for me and I have been extremely successful using it. In a perfect world, it wouldn't matter. But the reality is, it still does. I would much prefer they consider me "one of the guys" who they can talk to, then the bimbo with boobs who just walked in the room. JMO.
    Rattus, NEPASue, mesachick and 1 others like this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

All right...time to tone it down and possibly get back to discussing a part of the show that didn't involve cussing.
    bamafan, mesachick and JavaJo like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

But if you are the only woman in the meeting, you are not "one of them", no matter what you think. Especially if you are the lawyer and they are the business people. As for stooping to their level - when they are the client you don't have much of a choice. I wouldn't call it stooping to their level, I would call it breaking the ice and making them comfortable. Like I said, you have your experience and I have mine. Mine works for me and I have been extremely successful using it. In a perfect world, it wouldn't matter. But the reality is, it still does. I would much prefer they consider me "one of the guys" who they can talk to, then the bimbo with boobs who just walked in the room. JMO.
    You are exactly right. My experience has been that women don't get anywhere if they insist upon being treated like a "lady" rather than as a colleague, an equal.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

So whats Emily then .She isn't with any clients, and she was bleeped often enough.Once for spilling wine on her dress
    Sorry Arielflies, I am off topic .I think a woman can be be more than a pair of boobs , and she can be equal to any man. I have had my own business for 20 years and never once have I felt I have had to break any ice, I have simply been myself. I certainly have no need to be treated like a lady.But healthy doses of self respect for myself have gone a long way
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 07-17-2012 at 02:48 PM.
    Alexxxx likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Did anybody catch the live tweeting that Arie and Jeff did during the show last night? They were very revealing IMO, with very different tones.
    One was funny with show-related tweets and only tweeted a few times.
    The other was cocky, narcissistic and must have worn his fingers down to nubs tweeting so much.
    I'll leave it to y'all to figure out which is which.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Did anybody catch the live tweeting that Arie and Jeff did during the show last night? They were very revealing IMO, with very different tones.
    One was funny with show-related tweets and only tweeted a few times.
    The other was cocky, narcissistic and must have worn his fingers down to nubs tweeting so much.
    I'll leave it to y'all to figure out which is which.
    How unfair of you!! LOL
    -Andy Rooney-

Thanks for not revealing Alexxx. I'd really try to stay spoiler free and speculation free as much as possible. Only 6 more days to go!
    ilja likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fan

I thought both men were charming as always on twitter last night
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-17-2012 at 05:42 PM.
    mesachick, JavaJo and ilja like this.

Closed Thread