Closed Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree445Likes

Thread: 7/16 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 10 THE MEN TELL ALL **West Coast Spoilers

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Re: 7/16 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 10 THE MEN TELL ALL **West Coast Spoilers

jaytwo - I agree with your words about both the show and the BP3 preview. I was not an Emily fan first go around because I thought Chantal had more spunk. Well, well, this season Ms. Emily showed she had some spunk, too. I can say I've enjoyed this whole season tremendously even though I thought about skipping it altogether. I'm waiting on pins and needles for the "special" final episode and ATFR.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Bahaha! I believe that's the same dynamic as guys honking at girls in traffic. They're out of ideas. (Thank you, Seinfeld!) Guys honk. Girls woohoo.

Sometimes the MTA audience is full of paid actors. I don't know if this one was or not.
    And sometimes it's not even the current audience! I remember someone here one time after a MTA aired, saying she saw herself in the audience, but she had attended the MTA 2 years prior! I also think they take random clips for the reaction they want. This show is so edited that it is hard to believe anything is real anymore! Unless you actually see the person on stage and catch a glimpse of a person doing something in the background, it is fair to say that it is edited from somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    And sometimes it's not even the current audience! I remember someone here one time after a MTA aired, saying she saw herself in the audience, but she had attended the MTA 2 years prior! I also think they take random clips for the reaction they want. This show is so edited that it is hard to believe anything is real anymore! Unless you actually see the person on stage and catch a glimpse of a person doing something in the background, it is fair to say that it is edited from somewhere else.
    Unbelievable. LOL
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Hmm thats not what she said .I still think that was pretty much staged especially as it was with a whole lot of tweets about the BP.

Yes Emily their lives go on without you
    She never said she followed Kalon on Twitter, so I don't really know what you are referring to as to what she said. What she did say was that it showed up on her computer. I just watched a video interview with her by an LA Times reporter (thanks for the link Arielflies), and she is asked that question. She says she really doesn't follow the guys on twitter and that someone sent her the information. Seems to me it's Kalon that can't seem to go on without Emily.

His face after she called him on what he did, was priceless. He looked distressed lol.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    My take is that the previews are mis-leading. If she says that stuff, it is because she cares for both guys and realizes that one of them will be hurt. So she has made her decision (hence Chris' comment about making her decision) on who is her F1, but she is upset because she will hurt the F2. Obviously I could be wrong, but I am very skeptical of any previews that the producers have manipulated, especially given what they have done in the past (even this season) vs. what we have actually seen.
    Absolutely! The previews are NEVER about what really happens and are intentionally misleading. I also agree that she is just devastated that she is going to hurt F2 and can hardly stand the thought of what she has to do.
    navybelle and Mikesgirl83 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytwo View Post
    I like that about her as well.... but then, I was raised by a truck driver.

It was not the most exciting show, I fell asleep twice. Fortunately it was taped so I could go back and see what I missed.

Sometimes I feel like I am watching a different show from the most of you. I thought Emily handled herself very well and I thought she looked beautiful. I don't get the comments about what "hollywood has done to her". First, I think she had any work done long before she ever went on TV. And if you look at her old pictures she just does not look very different at all. She has lost a few pounds (that she didn't really even need to lose) but other than that, I just do not see that much difference.

I loved how she nailed Kalon (and did not think it seemed scripted at all) and I thought she was really sweet to Sean and Doug (and they were sweet to her). I get why some people think Ryan is funny but he needs a "trophy wife" that can also put him in his place when he needs it. He certainly is not my type at all but I do get it.

For those of you who think Em is boring, I have to wonder why anyone thinks that Sean would not be the most boring Bachelor ever? I would probably watch it, just because I never miss this show. But I can feel the Yawns already.

The funniest part of the show had to be when Chris H was talking to the muppet in the audience. I also thought it was funny when Chris asked Em how many bachelors she was going to sleep with and she said all 25.

John "Wolf's" pink pants were a bit unfortunate (I do love a pink shirt on a guy) but I like Wolf a lot. I wish he had not been quite as shy and that we'd learned more about him. I think there is a pretty interesting guy in there somewhere.

Watching Chris was yet again, very creepy. I probably will not watch BP again this year (I watched the first year). I started to watch last year and just could not stand it. And now that I know he ends up with at least 3 women, I pretty much know how I will react. But what really worries me is Lindzi hooking up with Kalon. Good for her for not caring what people think, but seriously Lindzi, Kalon??

They hint around about a proposal from Michael to Rachel and her freaking out. I think they would make a cute couple and hope they manage to get together for real after the show. And as much as I hate what Ed did to Jillian, dang, I still like looking at that guy.

Ok, its almost over. I sure hope after all this there is some sort of happy ending for Emily.
    I'm pretty much right there with you! I also liked the joke about being the crazy cat lady! I think Emily has a sense of humor and for some reason they just chose not to show it.

And I agree with you about Ed. I might not like what he did to Jillian, but he is my type of guy. The previews of him and Reid going at it are the sole reason I am watching - I loved the two of them, so any excuse to see them both again will cause me to tune in!
    1dog2kids and jaytwo like this.

I think Emily has a sense of humor and for some reason they just chose not to show it.
    I guess our humor must be very different. I dont see her as funny at all. I wish I did.There are glimpses, but its juvenile humor. Oh well , roll on Sunday, at least with this season one can see two shows, TB and BB are on at the same time.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    She never said she followed Kalon on Twitter, so I don't really know what you are referring to as to what she said. What she did say was that it showed up on her computer. I just watched a video interview with her by an LA Times reporter (thanks for the link Arielflies), and she is asked that question. She says she really doesn't follow the guys on twitter and that someone sent her the information. Seems to me it's Kalon that can't seem to go on without Emily.

His face after she called him on what he did, was priceless. He looked distressed lol.
    I didn't see that at all. He's on the the BP. She tried to make Kalon look bad and although I dont think highly of him btw, by no means was Kalon hiding out . He was used, and he knew it He was on that show, so he could be on another.It was that simple. And really, the only drama all season was one guy talking about baggage? LOL omg. Talk about desperate times.

I think the BP needs as much publicity as it can get, and Kalon is perfect for it. He is actually quite eloquent when he speaks, and I never saw ONE bleep from him OTOH potty mouth , Emily, was bleep bleep bleep. I hope she keeps that in check around her daughter Anyone else doing that is dastardly, Emily does it and it feisty!
    Florimel, Alexxxx and Midol like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I didn't see that at all. He's on the the BP. She tried to make Kalon look bad and although I dont think highly of him btw, by no means was Kalon hiding out . He was used, and he knew it He was on that show, so he could be on another.It was that simple. And really, the only drama all season was one guy talking about baggage? LOL omg. Talk about desperate times.

I think the BP needs as much publicity as it can get, and Kalon is perfect for it. He is actually quite eloquent when he speaks, and I never saw ONE bleep from him OTOH potty mouth , Emily, was bleep bleep bleep. I hope she keeps that in check around her daughter Anyone else doing that is dastardly, Emily does it and it feisty!
    I actually think Kalon himself is the one who is keeping this going to keep himself relevant for BP. No one is making him tweet some of the things he is tweeting. But that is what he is known for - just like Rated-R was years ago. I don't think he was used, I think he is voluntarily playing it up.

As for Emily, I actually like that she has a potty mouth. Makes her seem more real to me. I can swear like a sailor and everyone here at work knows it. But my kids don't hear it. I am capable of turning it on and off and I'm sure she is too. Is it classy, no. Is it eloquent, no. But does it make me feel better and sometimes apply aptly? D**m straight, Skippy!!

Not surprised you missed that interchange between Emily and Chris. The show wasn't exactly full of fireworks to keep anyone's full attention for very long lol.

I have no problem with Emily cussing - we all cuss from time to time, especially when riled up, sometimes more than others. I am sure she keeps it from her daughter. I never cussed in front of my kid - he picked it up at school from his peers lol. And yup, Emily is feisty! I don't see anyone getting upset or calling anyone else dastardly for swearing either.

As for Kalon, we'll have to see how it all plays out on BP. Emily didn't have to do anything to try to make Kalon look bad. He took care of that all by himself. From what I've seen of him, and heard from other various sources (he was pretty nasty during the show, and some of his insults were actually cut out lol), I am not impressed. Maybe he's eloquent to some, to me, he comes off as condescending spoiled brat. Anyone can spit out big words, but he's just plain rude in the manner that he delivers them. I don't think he deserved the crap that Doug handed him when he made the point that Doug made the choice to leave his kid to be on the show, I just think he speaks before he thinks, and that combined with his attitude, is what becomes such a huge turnoff to everyone. Maybe we'll get to see another side of him on the BP.
    NEPASue, KatesMom, JavaJo and 2 others like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Closed Thread