Closed Thread
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 290
Like Tree735Likes

Thread: 7/9 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 9 FANTASY DATES **West Coast Spoilers**

  1. #231
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25,206

    Re: 7/9 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 9 FANTASY DATES **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Hmmm, that could be! And it was the only skirt she wore last night, wasn't it? Dresses and coverups and swimsuits, but only that one skirt I think. Could be!
    It was a horrible skirt. It looked awful .However it did have the required sequins.
    Alexxxx likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  2. #232
    FORT Fan CrazyDutchWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    341

    Re: 7/9 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 9 FANTASY DATES **West Coast Spoilers**

    Okay I am watching now but can't wait to post until it ends.

    First of all. What was wrong wit Emily?She was really cold to Sean. She suddenly changed. During the past weeks I could not see which of these 3 guys she liked more, but now this.
    Did not like how she wanted him to tell her he loved her and reading the posts, it appears she kicked him to the curb. So why if she already knew (and she did!) have him tell her I love you. grrrr

    Second. I am now at the part where she is with Jeff and I am 100% sure she will pick him. if not she has been leading him on big time and giving him lots of hope. Did not yet see the Arie date but she seems totally in love with, eh like, eh Jeff, like you know what I mean.
    Alexxxx and Fanny Mare like this.

  3. #233
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,170

    Re: 7/9 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 9 FANTASY DATES **West Coast Spoilers**

    I was a little disappointed that Emily is so clear about picking up and moving across country, far away from Ricki's home and the family she has with her dad and mom's family. Does Emily really think that is no big deal? I think it is. I don't think it should be treated so lightly, however, she has said several times that moving is no problem.
    bamafan likes this.

  4. #234
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    15

    Re: 7/9 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 9 FANTASY DATES **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I have come to like and understand posters that I never knew or wont know in real life. That is the beauty of these forums .I admire many of them( writing skills especially) nothing I have said and done is in haste. We all saw Emily on Brads season and I am pretty sure minds were made up then. Some have changed, others have not. Its the beauty of watching the same show, with different responses to it. As someone else posted, I like a bit of snark now and then This show is perfect for it.

    Btw .
    thanks! Obviously, I was "hasty" with my "bullying" comment and for that I apologize, not the post just the reference to bullying . . . I do not visit the board much and it seemed all I was reading was the negative comments as I didn't have time to read all the posts, with that said, I will continue to watch the show with my rose coloured glasses, and when I read the board I will try to appreciate the points of others, even if I disagree! I still don't like the negativity, but as pointed out I can choose to continue reading or not . . . - I used to visit all the time when there was the sleuthing thread as I was amazed at how talented so many of the sleuthers were!
    Last edited by Cherob; 07-10-2012 at 03:37 PM.
    cubsfan55 and ilja like this.

  5. #235
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,230

    Re: 7/9 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 9 FANTASY DATES **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I was a little disappointed that Emily is so clear about picking up and moving across country, far away from Ricki's home and the family she has with her dad and mom's family. Does Emily really think that is no big deal? I think it is. I don't think it should be treated so lightly, however, she has said several times that moving is no problem.
    It shouldn't be a problem, if she's willing to do it. It's not like the families are poor and can't afford airfare to visit their granddaughter. Lot's of people move away from their families. My sister lived in Montana for years, my brother spent a decade out in Washington and I haven't always lived in the same state as my family. Military families do it all the time. Ricki is still little, so nows the time to do it.
    NEPASue and RoxyKnox like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  6. #236
    FORT Friend Baby's Breath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    775

    Re: 7/9 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 9 FANTASY DATES **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    You put yourself out there on national TV and someone is bound to take issue with your appearance or something else, one way or the other. I have no issue with whether or not she has implants or veneers. All I said upthread is that her veneers are distracting. They do NOT fit correctly in her mouth. She is constantly playing with her mouth and they look uncomfortable. If that is judging her, I plead guilty, but no way do I think it is bullying.
    Okay, I said I wouldn't be back til next Monday, but here I am. jucamer, save me... I'm weak. ECM, your comment about her teeth is not bullying, but don't you think it is a little bit shallow, or insulting? I can say this to you because we're pals and I know you will still love me tomorrow - but with all that is being said on here, others seem to be taking this a lot further, and to me, it isn't bullying but it is unnecessary. Right? I might feel differently if she were trying to be famous and give herself an image for the sake of popularity. Take for example, Cher. She has had things done and I guess I'd feel okay saying I either like or dislike some of those things, but in Em's case, I feel like anything she has had done, has been for her own personal satisfaction. She's not going to be on a show 5 years from now, after all. She has said that she lacks self-confidence, and if doing these things raises her confidence, why would anyone want to take that away from her? Which brings me to another point. If you (and again, ECM, I'm not really directing this specifically to you but knew I could use you as a means because we are friends) had a young daughter who watched this show, and then she came here to read these comments, wouldn't you be worried that she'd suddenly become overly conscious about every little dimple on her body? Again, I don't think it is bullying at all, but I think things have gone beyond a point that is fair to Emily or to her family.

    Okay, now I'm going into my bunker til next Monday.

  7. #237
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,117

    Re: 7/9 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 9 FANTASY DATES **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I was a little disappointed that Emily is so clear about picking up and moving across country, far away from Ricki's home and the family she has with her dad and mom's family. Does Emily really think that is no big deal? I think it is. I don't think it should be treated so lightly, however, she has said several times that moving is no problem.
    I think it's a big deal too, especially for the sprout. I just hope Emily's britches aren't so on fire that she loses all her common sense. LOTS of time needs to pass before deciding to move anywhere. With anybody.
    fireflyer, bamafan, Debb70 and 2 others like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

  8. #238
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25,206

    Re: 7/9 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 9 FANTASY DATES **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Okay, I said I wouldn't be back til next Monday, but here I am. jucamer, save me... I'm weak. ECM, your comment about her teeth is not bullying, but don't you think it is a little bit shallow, or insulting? I can say this to you because we're pals and I know you will still love me tomorrow - but with all that is being said on here, others seem to be taking this a lot further, and to me, it isn't bullying but it is unnecessary. Right? I might feel differently if she were trying to be famous and give herself an image for the sake of popularity. Take for example, Cher. She has had things done and I guess I'd feel okay saying I either like or dislike some of those things, but in Em's case, I feel like anything she has had done, has been for her own personal satisfaction. She's not going to be on a show 5 years from now, after all. She has said that she lacks self-confidence, and if doing these things raises her confidence, why would anyone want to take that away from her? Which brings me to another point. If you (and again, ECM, I'm not really directing this specifically to you but knew I could use you as a means because we are friends) had a young daughter who watched this show, and then she came here to read these comments, wouldn't you be worried that she'd suddenly become overly conscious about every little dimple on her body? Again, I don't think it is bullying at all, but I think things have gone beyond a point that is fair to Emily or to her family.

    Okay, now I'm going into my bunker til next Monday.
    I love Cher. I have always loved her spunk.The reason she now looks like a worn out shoe whose face can no longer move, is because she is deathly afraid of growing old .That would be growing old in TV land .Its a cruel world out there, plus once she started, she admits she couldn't stop. The botox only lasts for so long. . But I do have one question - how do we know, that Emily isn't doing this show, so she could parlay it into another show on TV? we dont do we...She could be on TV five years from now. I have a feeling that's what she would like, I hope I am 100% wrong.
    NEPASue and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  9. #239
    Just Left of Reality tbamom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    1,826

    Re: 7/9 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 9 FANTASY DATES **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I think it's a big deal too, especially for the sprout. I just hope Emily's britches aren't so on fire that she loses all her common sense. LOTS of time needs to pass before deciding to move anywhere. With anybody.
    This is exactly what I don't get and why I am hoping she comes away with a boyfriend and not a fiancé. You can't make a life changing decision for your child based only on a TV show. If you truly take the institution of marriage seriously, that is. If a fiancé is disposible to you, then by all means- get engaged, have your 15 minutes and call it off if it doesn't work out. I won't feel cheated anymore. I no longer believe in the journey.
    Coco46, Alexxxx, Debb70 and 1 others like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

  10. #240
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    265

    Re: 7/9 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 9 FANTASY DATES **West Coast Spoilers**

    Yeah I like the dynamic of Sweethome Alabama a lot better where they just pick someone to date and there is no engagement, just seems kinda silly after that short of time, and this coming from someone who's parents got engaged 2 weeks after meeting, lol. Did anyone watch that this past season? Holy smokes, now there I felt I was watching a REAL love story
    bamafan and NEPASue like this.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.