Closed Thread
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
Like Tree735Likes

Thread: 7/9 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 9 FANTASY DATES **West Coast Spoilers**

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: 7/9 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 9 FANTASY DATES **West Coast Spoilers**

I would never go so far as to judge Emily with regard to her parenting of Ricky nor whether or not she should aspire to something more than being a SAHM. However, she is fair game as others have said. You put yourself out there on national TV and someone is bound to take issue with your appearance or something else, one way or the other. I have no issue with whether or not she has implants or veneers. All I said upthread is that her veneers are distracting. They do NOT fit correctly in her mouth. She is constantly playing with her mouth and they look uncomfortable. If that is judging her, I plead guilty, but no way do I think it is bullying.

I think Emily was lovelier and more natural looking before her cosmetic work and bleached hair but I still think she is an extremely pretty woman now. I think she has a fabulous figure!

For the record.. I've been happily married almost 30 years and my reasons for watching the Bachelor franchise are for pure entertainment value only. Do I think the majority come on this show to find true love? No way! Would it be nice if it happened every now and then? Absolutely

FORT Fogey

The purpose of forums like this one is to exchange ideas and opinions. No? As soon as you express your own opinion, you can be sure there will be somebody else with a completely opposite point of view. I like that.

There are fansites for those that prefer more one-sided conversations.

I'm always amazed when the assumption is made that those that aren't fans of somebody on a reality show must be jealous for some reason.
    Mostly, I'm just embarrassed for them.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Newbie

Hmm, okay I am appreciating all the responses, I guess what my point was the fact that we see very little of the true people on the show just the glimpses we are given, therefore the negative comments seem hasty when we have little idea of what is really going on, hence my comparison to me trying to judge the posters with negative comments, how could I when I know nothing about them - it would be ridiculous of me to form opinions of people, who they are what they are like, etc. based on a few comments they have made. I hope that makes sense . . . as for the show, I would never, ever, want to be on a reality show, and I will never understand why these people do, so I try to justify it by believing they are sincere, lol. But I am grateful they do because I do enjoy this show!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    The purpose of forums like this one is to exchange ideas and opinions. No? As soon as you express your own opinion, you can be sure there will be somebody else with a completely opposite point of view. I like that.

There are fansites for those that prefer more one-sided conversations.

I'm always amazed when the assumption is made that those that aren't fans of somebody on a reality show must be jealous for some reason.
    Mostly, I'm just embarrassed for them.
    I guess I am jealous that she either doesn't like to eat or really likes to exercise.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    That RC outfit looks like something a 50-year-old socialite would wear to a country club soiree. Why do they dress her so horribly for the rose ceremonies?
    Oh my, when I read this, what popped in my head was Trophy Wife, since that is something that we heard Ryan say over and over.

Didn't Emily say in her blog that Arie's mother gave her a skirt during Arie's HTD? Could that have been the skirt, since you think that it looks more like something that an older woman would wear? That would make sense. What do you think? It definitely was not that flattering on Emily. That is for sure.
    Midol likes this.

I have to say that I have grown to like Emily more this season than in the Brad season.
    However, every season, there have been comments about the Bachelorette or the Bachelor and I have never found any of them to be bullying and / or indicative of jealousy / insecurity, etc. on the part of the posters.
    When people choose to go on TV - esp. reality TV - they expose their lives, the good and the bad, to the public.
    Let's please stop putting the "Bullying" label on everything in this world. It is not warranted and just serves to create factions.
    Afterall, if one can't "snark" at the inanity on reality TV, what can one snark at???!!!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    I know all negative posts are just as welcome as positive posts but I do agree that all the negativity just seems to be coming and coming. I wouldn't say things like this about my worst enemy! I think I'm going to have to cut out of here until next Monday.
    Yep that's why I've stayed away from here this season. If she were monstrous like Courtney was then the horrible remarks could be substantiated. Emily seems like a nice woman with a good heart. But to me, there is entirely too much negativity about her looks (I wish I could look a tenth as good) and what some perceive as her gold digging when NO ONE here knows what she is thinking - no one. I just come in here now and then to take a peek and leave. I'll be back for Bachelor Pad..............

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    Oh my, when I read this, what popped in my head was Trophy Wife, since that is something that we heard Ryan say over and over.

Didn't Emily say in her blog that Arie's mother gave her a skirt during Arie's HTD? Could that have been the skirt, since you think that it looks more like something that an older woman would wear? That would make sense. What do you think? It definitely was not that flattering on Emily. That is for sure.
    Hmmm, that could be! And it was the only skirt she wore last night, wasn't it? Dresses and coverups and swimsuits, but only that one skirt I think. Could be!

Quote Originally Posted by Cherob View Post
    Hmm, okay I am appreciating all the responses, I guess what my point was the fact that we see very little of the true people on the show just the glimpses we are given, therefore the negative comments seem hasty when we have little idea of what is really going on, hence my comparison to me trying to judge the posters with negative comments, how could I when I know nothing about them - it would be ridiculous of me to form opinions of people, who they are what they are like, etc. based on a few comments they have made. I hope that makes sense . . . as for the show, I would never, ever, want to be on a reality show, and I will never understand why these people do, so I try to justify it by believing they are sincere, lol. But I am grateful they do because I do enjoy this show!
    I have come to like and understand posters that I never knew or wont know in real life. That is the beauty of these forums .I admire many of them( writing skills especially) nothing I have said and done is in haste. We all saw Emily on Brads season and I am pretty sure minds were made up then. Some have changed, others have not. Its the beauty of watching the same show, with different responses to it. As someone else posted, I like a bit of snark now and then This show is perfect for it.

Btw .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Yep that's why I've stayed away from here this season. If she were monstrous like Courtney was then the horrible remarks could be substantiated. Emily seems like a nice woman with a good heart. But to me, there is entirely too much negativity about her looks (I wish I could look a tenth as good) and what some perceive as her gold digging when NO ONE here knows what she is thinking - no one. I just come in here now and then to take a peek and leave. I'll be back for Bachelor Pad..............
    I haven't stayed away from here this season, but surely agree Emily is a much nicer person than Courtney was. I like Emily better as Bachlorette than I did in Brad's season. Only gripe for me, she's a bit over the top about Ricki. She shouldn't have come looking for love here, if she's so concerned about her daughter. I too am looking forward to Bachelor Pad.
    NEPASue and Midol like this.

Closed Thread