Closed Thread
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
Like Tree735Likes

Thread: 7/9 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 9 FANTASY DATES **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 7/9 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 9 FANTASY DATES **West Coast Spoilers**

I know all negative posts are just as welcome as positive posts but I do agree that all the negativity just seems to be coming and coming. I wouldn't say things like this about my worst enemy! I think I'm going to have to cut out of here until next Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I dont mind if you judge me. I am pretty secure in who I am. I have never been dissatisfied with my body.We all watch the show for different reasons, and Emily, along with any and all reality stars, are open game.That isnt to say one poster is right and another is wrong.

The families of the show? I wonder why they dont run and hide , after the show airs
    I didnt say anything about posting right or wrong. Public forums will be up for scrutiny all the time. If it were my own family member on that show, of course I would watch and not run. Some of the comments though, would hurt. I realize the families of these people know this beforehand, but it doesn't erase the fact it wouldn't hurt.
    Midol likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I think you open up yourself for all kinds of comments when you appear on a reality show. That's the price you pay. And I think the interest in message boards is finding out what other viewers are thinking. Is it just me who find that information odd or do others, so I don't take issue with the comments about her and the guys. I think I like her more than most. She does live in NC and that is my home. I think she may have grown up somewhere else though. She's very much a southern girl IMO.

I don't have a problem with her teeth, but I too have vaneers, so perhaps I'm not the best judge of that. lol
    I wanted mine big and bright too.

IMO the most bizarre thing about Emily is something she kept saying last night. She kept saying that she had so much fun! She kept repeading that. If I was a lady who had found the man I was in love with, and yet I had to keep spending romantic time with other men, then I don't think that would be fun for me. I think that I would be miserable as I faked affection for other men while my true love sat alone in a hotel room. And pretending to be so into the guys' families when you aren't.....NOT FUN. It would seemingly be more torture than fun IMO. I

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I didn't say anything about posting right or wrong. Public forums will be up for scrutiny all the time. If it were my own family member on that show, of course I would watch and not run. Some of the comments though, would hurt. I realize the families of these people know this beforehand, but it doesn't erase the fact it wouldn't hurt.
    So, in keeping with that thought. Has Emily not done one thing, that might( might) come back to haunt her, in her real life with her daughter?
    As for various families. I dont know them, they dont know me. We will never meet, so I dont mind if they are hurt via Emily going on this show
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Cherob View Post
    It is interesting reading the posts on this board and in so doing, it is apparent to me why bullying is such a huge problem in the U.S. Yes, it is a tv show, and no one can know for sure why the contestants choose to go on this show, but the cynical comments made about Emily and her looks, and her speech, and her mothering, etc. etc. is very disturbing. ...judge people that we don't know merely by what we are being shown, would be like me judging all the negative posters on this board, as unhappy, miserable woman jealous of a beautiful woman . . ., who sound like they are either single, unhappily married, etc. etc. and dissatisfied with their own bodies, faces, life; but that would be a ridiculous assumption based on just posts, wouldn't it?
    But you are implying that those of us making judgments are bullies. Passive-aggressive judgment is in no way superior to overt judgment.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Newbie

I have really enjoyed this season and was excited to read what everyone else who visits this board was saying, hence my disappointment, I agree I cannot imagine being romantic with others when I had possibly found "Mr. Right", but then I guess that is where the "acting" comes in, because, obviously it is done every season, i especially see a resemblance this season to Trista's season, the physical chemistry with Arie, but a deeper connection with Jef vs. the chemistry with Charlie and the deeper connection with Ryan, I for one hope this is the real deal and that Emily truly finds the love that I would like to believe she is searching for!
    NEPASue and navybelle like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherob View Post
    It is interesting reading the posts on this board and in so doing, it is apparent to me why bullying is such a huge problem in the U.S. Yes, it is a tv show, and no one can know for sure why the contestants choose to go on this show, but the cynical comments made about Emily and her looks, and her speech, and her mothering, etc. etc. is very disturbing. The pictures of her with Ricky show she was very beautiful then, with an amazing figure, and gorgeous smile, if she is wearing veneers, so what, my beautiful daughter with her beautiful smile, was told at a very young age that due to a damaged front tooth, and years of braces, she may want to consider veneers when she is older because of the discoloration of her front teeth!
    Obviously the show is for entertainment, and we only see what they want us to see, to judge people that we don't know merely by what we are being shown, would be like me judging all the negative posters on this board, as unhappy, miserable woman jealous of a beautiful woman . . ., who sound like they are either single, unhappily married, etc. etc. and dissatisfied with their own bodies, faces, life; but that would be a ridiculous assumption based on just posts, wouldn't it?
    While I agree with some of what you wrote, I can't help but point out that if Emily herself wasn't so busy obsessing about looks...the guys and her own..we probably wouldn't be either. And she didn't change just one thing about herself, she did a whole gamut of improvements. She is only 26 and as you said, she was beautiful to begin with. Not to mention that she is busy objecifying the guys about being "hot" every five seconds.

I can only speak for myself, but I assure you I am neither unhappy with my own life or jealous of her. If anything, I feel rather sorry for her but she did choose to come and do the show ... a second time ... even after complaining loudly about the effects on her life after the first go round. I wish her well. I hope she found hapiness, but I wouldn't bet on it.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    So, in keeping with that thought. Has Emily not done one thing, that might( might) come back to haunt her, in her real life with her daughter?
    As for various families. I dont know them, they dont know me. We will never meet, so I dont mind if they are hurt via Emily going on this show
    I wasn't insinuating she is perfect..I just don't feel because a person is on a tv screen is any reason they should be criticized any more than anyone else. I don't know the families either, but I like to respect that they are reading message boards, and I put myself in their place.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I didnt say anything about posting right or wrong. Public forums will be up for scrutiny all the time. If it were my own family member on that show, of course I would watch and not run. Some of the comments though, would hurt. I realize the families of these people know this beforehand, but it doesn't erase the fact it wouldn't hurt.
    I was posting to the post before yours(sorry for the confusion) .I think these boards are pretty funny, I know I have LOL a lot. Far more entertaining than the show itself. As for the familes being hurt, if they are hurt by what we say, god help them if they are ever by a checkout stand and read what the rags have to say.

I wasn't insinuating she is perfect..I just don't feel because a person is on a tv screen is any reason they should be criticized any more than anyone else. I don't know the families either, but I like to respect that they are reading message boards, and I put myself in their place.
    I didnt choose to do this show, but if I had, or a member of my family had. I would know how realty figures are treated .This isnt Emily's first rodeo, and her family were with her then. If its so bad, why put them through it again
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 07-10-2012 at 01:10 PM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    While I agree with some of what you wrote, I can't help but point out that if Emily herself wasn't so busy obsessing about looks...the guys and her own..we probably wouldn't be either. And she didn't change just one thing about herself, she did a whole gamut of improvements. She is only 26 and as you said, she was beautiful to begin with. Not to mention that she is busy objecifying the guys about being "hot" every five seconds.

I can only speak for myself, but I assure you I am neither unhappy with my own life or jealous of her. If anything, I feel rather sorry for her but she did choose to come and do the show ... a second time ... even after complaining loudly about the effects on her life after the first go round. I wish her well. I hope she found hapiness, but I wouldn't bet on it.
    I agree with this. I also would not be the woman who is pointing out how terrible someone looks while running to the supermarket without any make up on. I am, however feeling that when someone is making an over the top effort to look good and can't stop herself from doing all sorts of mannerisms that show how hyper aware she is of her appearance- it is worth commenting on.

I, also feel that when someone is regurgitating Internet ecards and passing it off as their own cleverness and creating a professional sales pitch and the star of the show is getting completely swept away with it- that is also fair game.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Closed Thread