Closed Thread
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree735Likes

Thread: 7/9 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 9 FANTASY DATES **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 7/9 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 9 FANTASY DATES **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgirl83 View Post
    Yeah I agree Fanny, I mean it was obvious to me that they were reading off or reciting something pre-written in those video messages but I was surprised to see that out take with Arie. To me it was almost like they were straight up telling us this show is fake
    Take after take after take! meanwhile she is going through agony about who she was letting go. Or was she? It was slap in the face to the viewing audience, a gotcha if you will.

MF is an idiot
    Mikesgirl83 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I dont know who posted it( sorry to repeat) .But why did we see Arie laughing at his video message to Emily.Was that supposed to be funny? because it wasn't , and I dont care how hot anyone thinks he is.We see Sean, a good man, even if he's not good enough for Emily being sincere and hurt. Then we see Arie giggling like a little girl , and he was not really speaking from his heart- is this all a joke to him. Jef with one F sounded like he was reading from cue cards. He's not as loopy as Arie, so I think he could have sounded less stilted without the cards.The only one that sounded really sincere was Sean, and I really believe he was. I don't think he was really ready to say I love you, but on this show you have to

WTH was all the hands to her face about?, WTH was that. It isn't fake crying, because I remember a poster last season saying if there are no tears, it isn't fake crying. There is too much going back over dates, over and over. Too much Chris Harrison , who is such a smitten kitten. He tells Emily sorry? She chose to go on this show!!! this season is very very odd for me...She would fit right in with any of the housewife shows imnsho.
    I think you are referring to my post Fanny Mare. I think the reason they edited to show Arie laughing during his video was precisely to get the reaction that you had. It makes him look less serious compared to the other two, and hence makes you doubt his sincerity...very subtle those producers. I don't necessarily think that. I think he was aware how awkward what he was doing was...telling a camera how he feels. It's different from when he tells Emily face to face...even though there are cameras around. I'd be curious to see what was left on the cutting room floor from the other guys videos.
    bamafan, CrazyDutchWoman and ilja like this.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I think you are referring to my post Fanny Mare. I think the reason they edited to show Arie laughing during his video was precisely to get the reaction that you had. It makes him look less serious compared to the other two, and hence makes you doubt his sincerity...very subtle those producers. I don't necessarily think that. I think he was aware how awkward what he was doing was...telling a camera how he feels. It's different from when he tells Emily face to face...even though there are cameras around. I'd be curious to see what was left on the cutting room floor from the other guys videos.
    So would I like to see what was left. How do we know though, that he doesn't think all this is fun, and funny? I am not feeling the love Midol, not tonight , not for any of them( well the three left) Em and the F2. Blech

I think Sean will be hurt for awhile( jmho)
    fireflyer likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I haven't watched this episode yet but love to peek at what others are saying. I was surprised at all the anti-Emily feelings here.
    If I had been the Bachelorette and had to abide by all their silly rules, I would have kept Sean this long...not to lead him on (which is just automatically going to happen to all rejects near the end) because he was such a fantastic man...even tho she may have realized earlier that they just didn't have the chemistry. Why put up longer than you need to with some slimy guy like Ryan, pawing all over you?
    I think it's a shame what "Hollywood" has done to Emily but I can understand why she went along with it. She was a beautiful natural-looking girl on Brad's season....well, maybe not the overly-blonde hair....but the teeth and who knows what else just don't suit her. I liked her the way she was. I read an article today in Entertainment Weekly interviewing the person who's job it is to dress Emily for the show. He admitted that she wanted different types of clothing but he got the last word on what she wore....so I don't think we can judge her for what she wears.
    She's been totally "Fliess'd" and made to look like "they" think she should look and she's young and probably felt they knew better.
    ilja likes this.

I just read through this entire thread without being logged in or I would have dropped about a hundred 'likes' on these posts! Some of your comments are very, very funny. I am particularly amused by the sarcasm. :-)

I totally agree that Sean dodged a bullet. I wasn't paying close attention to the show tonight but I get the impression the Arie connection is at least 75% chemistry, which would not bode well for him as the F-1, I don't think. Reminds me of Meredith and the man she chose (was it Ian?) -- I always thought the one she rejected at the end was a better match but she seemed pretty hooked.

Also it seems like they've been doing a lot of advertising "to be the next bachelor" -- is that typical and meaningless, or is it really possible they're considering a return to anonymity?

Anyone know how the ratings are this season? I've definitely found it easier to do 2 things at once this time around.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    I will say I am loving Emily as the Bachelorette this season - even if I'm the only one here to think it! I don't remember liking any of the others as well, or believing in their feelings. Maybe when Ali got to the choice between Chris and Roberto - I was moved by that and how she let Chris go early, and I bought into her love for Roberto (at the time). But I applaud Emily's decisions so far, I have loved watching her go through this.
    I'm right there with ya, navybelle. Was just thinking tonight that's she's my favorite of all the Bachelorettes by a long shot. She's done a very good job of thinking things through and seeing through some of the traps that normally seem to catch the Bachelors and Bachelorettes up. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching her "journey" and watching her whittle it down to some really good guys (at least as far as Fleiss let's me size them up via editing and scripting). Seems to me that in the end the B's always go with their lust, and I can understand why. They get to decide and it's got to be quite a powerful feeling to have an entire show and a cadre of good guys proclaiming how perfect your life with them will be. Gotta admit I'm a Jef fan, maybe that's because I'm a 45 year old mom well past the lust stage and would choose the humor, friendship and fun it seems like a life with Jef could be. A strong family background and a guy who's gonna be there every day make a pretty big difference in the quality of your life (I say after 22 years with my own boy from Salt Lake City - a fun family man home by 4pm every dang day.)

We'll see where things go. Looks like they're hinting at a no choice ending right? And I'd have to assume that Jef's parents' "charity work" (as per the patched in voice-over) really means a Mormon mission (although I'd have to liken that to a sales job and not charity per se). No matter what Jef has decided about his own religious beliefs, marrying outside the church would create a lot of pressure and family disharmony for both of them. It seemed pretty clear to me the role his oldest brother plays in acting patriarch while I'd imagine most of his sisters are still "active'. His parents, being good LDS folk, will always hope Jef will come back, marry in the temple, and ensure their children and grandchildren and greatgrandchildren are sealed to them for eternity right? And as much as they'll love their daughter in law they won't be able to ever fully give up their hope that all their children will be with them in the "celestial kingdom". I know this all pretty darn well, coming from an LDS family and married to a former Utahan myself. But leaving the church where we live when most everyone else in your family has left too vs. leaving the church when you're all still living close to each other in Utah, that's a thing unto itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    So would I like to see what was left. How do we know though, that he doesn't think all this is fun, and funny? I am not feeling the love Midol, not tonight , not for any of them( well the three left) Em and the F2. Blech

I think Sean will be hurt for awhile( jmho)
    I agree.

I was never much on the Emily bandwagon. Too sacharine sweet for my tastes, and don't get me started on all her upgrades...well, in her eyes anyway. I enjoyed her zingers and wish I had seen more of that Emily, I think I would like her much more.

Sean was hot and nice, but I never really thought he was comfortable with Emily. (He was much more fun in the out takes with the other guys.)

Arie was attractive and I enjoyed his humour the most and he makes Emily seem the most normal for me.

And don't even get me started on the hipster, teeny bopper. From the pretentious dropping of the F, the hair, the skateboard, the likes, and the stilted speech, it all just irritated me. When Emily is with him she just wants to be cool and I really think, the more he made her work for him, the more attracted she was. He said and did all the right things, but it always seemed kind of rehearsed to me and while I know some people adore him and them together, it makes me kind of sad. She acts so young and vulnerable around him, trying to please and to me it really highlights her insecurities.

That brings me to your not feeling the love. Me neither, but then I haven't been feeling it all season. I don't know what it is. I can't quite put my finger on it. I have really disliked some leads/seasons before, but I have enjoyed snarking on them, but this season just depresses me. I think it is because I really kind of feel sad for the girl/woman. I don't think she knows who she is. She identifies herself as a mom, but not much else. She seems to adhere to the keep your emotions in check, smile and be polite, look pretty mentality. She missed out on a lot because she lost one Ricky and gained another Ricki. She is obsessed about how people look and expensive shoes and luggage, and apparently, making out with Arie. I think she will pick Jeff because he is cool, with an edge in her eyes and clearly can keep her in the style that she is accustomed. He keeps her on her toes and she likes the family vision he is providing. But I worry that the reality will not live up to the fantasy. I know it never really does...particularly on this show...but, I suspect, Jeff will lose interest once the Bachelorette hype is over and the real world sets in and Emily will continue to search for happiness in other people and not within herself.

Depressed and definatively not feeling the love!
    maxkl, Coco46, Alexxxx and 3 others like this.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Yeah, probably. Jeff gets cue cards written by Hallmark and Arie has to wing it.

At least Sean escaped with his skin on.
    Oh, I don't know. I think Jef is very well practiced at this. He did his homework on Emily, and his sisters coached him well on brands (purses, shoes, etc.) Emily would know and want. He is obviously a born salesman, or has been one since the age of two. Or both. I have to admit, I watched this season hoping that Jef with one f from Utah might be able to even out the bad karma that Bentley from Utah sent into the universe. I very much prefer Jef to Bentley, even tho he lost his other f.

Also, to the poster above who was saying something about "don't cry Sean, no matter how long they drive you around," that is what I was thinking too. Please no puppies and kittens stories! No sick grandma stories, the guy has suffered enough!

One more thing about the tears - if I had to wear that bedazzled mermaid skirt, I wouldn't be able to stop crying! Yeesh that thing was horrible.

I am really disappointed in myself for feeling bad for Sean. I should be relieved that he isn't the F1 but instead I feel like he was cheated by someone who is masterful at faking it.
    cubsfan55, Alexxxx, Midol and 1 others like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Watching last night's episode now. She looks 40, sounds 14. An uninteresting, not-too-bright 14.

And I truly don't get the Sean love. Some gym muscles, a nonentity of a face, and a cypher of a personality.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Closed Thread