Closed Thread
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree735Likes

Thread: 7/9 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 9 FANTASY DATES **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/9 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 9 FANTASY DATES **West Coast Spoilers**

In what universe is having an "edge" on the list of qualities you're seeking in a father for your child? Li'l 1F actually asked a good question when he wanted to know why Emily thought he'd make a good father for Ricki. First of all, it showed he was wondering himself. Second, he wanted to make sure she's as concerned about that as he is. Her answer that he's "fun" and was good with the kids in the park was pretty lame to me. Nothing about values, strength, guidance, devotion, protection? I'd say all of the guys were good with the kids in the park (except maybe Ryan who sneaked away and crashed the girl talk), and she said repeatedly she was having so much fun with the guys, so 1F is not the only fun guy, either. Arie doesn't impress me as the devoted father type ... I could be wrong ... and the attraction is SO physical that she didn't trust herself to be alone with him. If she was really serious about choosing the one who would make the best father, she let him go tonight, the one with the least edge. I read that Arie and 1F are still good friends. If 1F is F1, note to him: Do not leave your fiancee alone in a room with Arie.
    Last edited by AlwaysVeg; 07-10-2012 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    And that is one reason I don't believe she's had a boob job. For one,, they don't look much bigger than the do in her teenage pictures and having a child can account for the slight difference now. Plus the slight sag. Then again, the reports of a boob job have come from the rags and I dont believe 90% of what they print.
    I remember during Brad's season, that the ladies talked about their various breast enhancements...including Emily. Maybe they need another little lift?

NB...Not on the actual show, but after the fact.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

FORT Fan

Ben and JP were/are good friends and Ashley actually DID take Ben to the FS and lets not forget that mud bath date where she implied she wanted to rub mud on Ben's ..... So if Jef is F1 I think he'll be fine
    NEPASue likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I remember during Brad's season, that the ladies talked about their various breast enhancements...including Emily. Maybe they need another little lift?

NB...Not on the actual show, but after the fact.
    I just always thought they were fake because they look so unnatural, those gigantic breasts on that tiny frame.

Mother Nature rarely has that good of a sense of humor.
    NEPASue and CrazyDutchWoman like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

I dont know who posted it( sorry to repeat) .But why did we see Arie laughing at his video message to Emily.Was that supposed to be funny? because it wasn't , and I dont care how hot anyone thinks he is.We see Sean, a good man, even if he's not good enough for Emily being sincere and hurt. Then we see Arie giggling like a little girl , and he was not really speaking from his heart- is this all a joke to him. Jef with one F sounded like he was reading from cue cards. He's not as loopy as Arie, so I think he could have sounded less stilted without the cards.The only one that sounded really sincere was Sean, and I really believe he was. I don't think he was really ready to say I love you, but on this show you have to

WTH was all the hands to her face about?, WTH was that. It isn't fake crying, because I remember a poster last season saying if there are no tears, it isn't fake crying. There is too much going back over dates, over and over. Too much Chris Harrison , who is such a smitten kitten. He tells Emily sorry? She chose to go on this show!!! this season is very very odd for me..

. She would fit right in with any of the housewife shows imnsho.
    fireflyer likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Chris Harrison's blog is posted in his thread.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I will say I am loving Emily as the Bachelorette this season - even if I'm the only one here to think it! I don't remember liking any of the others as well, or believing in their feelings. Maybe when Ali got to the choice between Chris and Roberto - I was moved by that and how she let Chris go early, and I bought into her love for Roberto (at the time). But I applaud Emily's decisions so far, I have loved watching her go through this. To me, she's sweet, funny, and definitely pretty (though her teeth are too big for her mouth). I don't know how money- or fame hungry she is, and frankly don't care. I'm believing her feelings as I'm watching, and tonight's episode was heart wrenching. She really does not want to hurt anyone. She knew Sean is a great guy, she wanted him to be "it" because she knew he was all the right things, but not exactly right for her, though she still questioned whether she'd made a mistake and let something go that she'd wanted all along. When she was crying about sending guys home that have done nothing wrong, I could really empathize - the show is designed to have guys feeling "led on" and she knew it would hurt them. I hope she and her final guy beat the odds and make it - not for the audience's sake or to prove anything, just because I really want to see her happy. She seems like a very nice person, to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgirl83 View Post
    That he wishes he'd gone to Jef's hair stylist
    LOL!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

Yeah I agree Fanny, I mean it was obvious to me that they were reading off or reciting something pre-written in those video messages but I was surprised to see that out take with Arie. To me it was almost like they were straight up telling us this show is fake
    Fanny Mare likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I dont know who posted it( sorry to repeat) .But why did we see Arie laughing at his video message to Emily.Was that supposed to be funny? because it wasn't , and I dont care how hot anyone thinks he is.We see Sean, a good man, even if he's not good enough for Emily being sincere and hurt. Then we see Arie giggling like a little girl , and he was not really speaking from his heart- is this all a joke to him. Jef with one F sounded like he was reading from cue cards. He's not as loopy as Arie, so I think he could have sounded less stilted without the cards.The only one that sounded really sincere was Sean, and I really believe he was. I don't think he was really ready to say I love you, but on this show you have to

WTH was all the hands to her face about?, WTH was that. It isn't fake crying, because I remember a poster last season saying if there are no tears, it isn't fake crying. There is too much going back over dates, over and over. Too much Chris Harrison , who is such a smitten kitten. He tells Emily sorry? She chose to go on this show!!! this season is very very odd for me..

. She would fit right in with any of the housewife shows imnsho.
    I agree with your take on this season, and tonight's show. But, I think Emily would need a personality transplant before becoming a Real Housewife.

Seriously, could the woman be any more dull? Absolutely devoid of any personality whatsoever. It's like she's been taught all her life that all she is expected to do is sit up straight, smile and look pretty.

The show this season is the guys, and the relationships between them. It's interesting that she has ended up with the two most goofy guys as her F2. After the season wraps, when the media rounds are done, and the cameras and production crews go away, I feel sorry for whoever is the F1. Welcome to Yawn City, population 2. Correction, 2 1/2.
    Fanny Mare and AlwaysVeg like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Closed Thread