Closed Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree493Likes

Thread: 7/2 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 8 HOMETOWNS **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/2 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 8 HOMETOWNS **West Coast Spoilers**

Not Longhornfan, but to answer your question, the F-word is exactly what you think it is! (Or were you making a joke?)

Does anybody know why Jef's parents didn't come to the hometown date?
    Would have loved to see them.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

They are heading up a Mormon mission outreach in South Carolina, which is a three year commitment. During that time there are restrictions on how far they can travel or even interact with family in order to keep their focus on the mission. Jef told Emily in Prague why his parents wouldn't be there and once again told us in a badly dubbed voice over why she wouldn't be meeting them during the hometown date.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

If Jef is F1, maybe that's the big surprise at ATFR. His parents show up. Who knows???

IF he is in the final seat at the ATFR (and it's live, so who knows who will be sitting there, if anyone) they won't be there because of their focus on mission. I think I read their travel restriction is around 100 miles from their sight.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

If it's Jef, would he propose to someone his parents haven't met? He did say he broke up with a girlfriend before because they did NOT approve. Just the fact that he is in the F3 and has a 1 out of 3 chance of being F1, which means a proposal, is odd given that bit of history. Actually, he already told her so charmingly he wants to marry the F@!* out of her. Or if he's chosen, will he propose with the contingency that his parents must approve after they're finished with their mission ... which is when? Would Emily accept, knowing that he doesn't have his parents' approval? Tune in to the FRC and ATFR to find out!
    Alexxxx likes this.

If he is F1, they will probably have to get married pretty quickly so they can get down to making those babies that they both wanted "yesterday". Damn...what's the rush...they could wait a year or 2, live in the real world, get married (like Trista & Ryan did), THEN have a kid or 2. They are mid-late 20's, not 30's so they both have plenty of time. I hope Emily & her F1 work out but I know the odds are slim to none. I still have hope, though!
    Alexxxx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Not Longhornfan, but to answer your question, the F-word is exactly what you think it is! (Or were you making a joke?)
    Thanks! No, I really didn't think that's what was being referred to since it was part of the same sentence as the word 'marriage' -- I thought maybe it was something commitment-related and added credibility to what he was trying to say. Or something! Kind of an odd pairing...
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    Thanks! No, I really didn't think that's what was being referred to since it was part of the same sentence as the word 'marriage' -- I thought maybe it was something commitment-related and added credibility to what he was trying to say. Or something! Kind of an odd pairing...
    We discovered that while in the library Jef took poetic license to quote an ecard. To the effect of "I would date you so hard and marry the F@#$ out of you"
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was talking to somebody the other day, and we were discussing how you don't marry "a man/woman"....you marry a FAMILY, whether you want to believe it or not!" The sooner you get that through your head, the more reality-based you will be! Not understanding/accepting that is the quickest way out of a marriage.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Closed Thread