Closed Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree493Likes

Thread: 7/2 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 8 HOMETOWNS **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 7/2 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 8 HOMETOWNS **West Coast Spoilers**

But your handyman is living in the real world I dont believe any of the men, or Emily are. They are in the 'bachelor bubble' - can they fall in love? yes, its takes minutes to know if there is chemistry , that could possibly pan out to be love.

Thats when the real work begins, and for my part, I like to see who I think can stand up to all the scrutiny etc that will follow them
    Alexxxx and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    In watching that video, I noticed Sean's shoulders heaving nervously when his sister asked him specific questions about his feelings for emily. His body language did not seem to agree with his words.

He also qualified his answers: "If" we're meant to be together...

I think he's more sure about being a dad than he is about being married to Emily.
    Maybe. I can't know how he feels about Emily really, but the way he talks about her AND Ricki I take him a little more seriously. I think he is forcing himself to go faster than he is used to normally because the show requires it, so maybe you're right. He definitely is not head over heels in love with her by this episode in my opinion, but certainly on his way.
    Longhornfan likes this.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post
    Everyone is talking about who's the best match for Emily, who wants to be a father, relative maturity levels, level of income . . . have we completely discounted the notion that maybe Emily and Jef/Arie/Sean simply fell in love? (Personally, I've thought Jef was F1 since week one.) I might be a hopeless romantic, but I know it can happen just like in all the books and movies because it happened to me. Call it chemistry, or connection, or whatever, but it's something we wouldn't be able to see on screen.

I have a handyman doing some work on my house. Gorgeous guy, 31 years old, single, not very ambitious, does handyman work so he can ski all winter. Yesterday he was telling me that since he doesn't plan to get married or have kids, the pool of available females is very limited. All the girls his age want marriage and babies. I told him if he meets the right girl he could do a 180 flip-flop and suddenly propose and start cranking out kids. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it doesn't matter what your intentions are or what you THINK you want out of a partner or out of a relationship. When you meet the right one it all changes.
    So true, my Sister-in-law used to always say "I'll never get married, I never want kids" 3 weeks after she met my now Brother-in-law, she started saying " when we get married, when we have kids" LOL! They are married and have two kids now, so you never know. Weather another couple can come from this show and actually have real love in the real world outside the Bachelor bubble remains to be seen.
    ilja likes this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

The last two dates as well as the Rose Ceremony are now recapped and the the Rundown thread.
    JavaJo likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Finally saw this episode too. It was nice to no duds in the hometown dates, quite a refreshing change from the norm.

Chris's Dad certainly did him no favours by saying that Emily said she loved him when she clearly didn't say that. I still think Chris would have been upset, but it might have hurt less.

I think the hometown dates just showed how level the playing field is. Emily is a lucky girl to have a choice of 3 seemingly upstanding guys with rational families.
    ilja likes this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    Pandora2: I posted the same thing several episodes ago. Tweens and Teens do this and it is so annoying. It is not becoming on an adult. Thank you for noticing, I thought I was the only one who thought it was ridiculous!
    Ditto! And she seems to do it a lot more around the men, as if it's somehow flirtatious. Just. Drives. Me. Nuts-uh!
    elleprn and Alexxxx like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Of all the guys left, I think Sean is the most serious about the commitment required at the end of this show. That is, if he proposed he would mean it; he doesn't want just a TV proposal. I agree with you about Emily being high maintenance and Sean not wanting that. I don't think Emily would make Sean happy for the long run. Heck, not even for the moderate run. They could have some fun for the short run, but Sean could find that anywhere if that's what he wanted.

I really hope she cuts him loose at F3. I don't want to see him with a broken heart after a real proposal.
    Every week with Sean the chemistry disappears a bit more. Today (I just watched the epi), I saw something that was forced. I don't see a connection at all with them...and that running after her truck seemed so staged & fake. I think Sean is great & the jokes were funny...esp. the armadillo at the end...and I think he is a great guy...but not for Emily. I also hope she cuts him loose next week.

I pretty much see Arie as F1 and Jef as F2, not 100% sure which one I think she picks but I have thought Arie for a while so I am thinking she picks him. She could just as easily pick Jef. I just don't see Sean being F1 or F2 and am afraid that if he is in the F2 that he will be hurt. So if it happens, I hope he bounces back quickly...he is the one whose feelings I am most worried about. I hope if he is cut at F3 that he realizes that he can fall in love with someone & finds someone locally & we hear in a few years that he is engaged (ala Matthew from Meredith's season).

I loved Emily's dresses on the Sean date and at the rose ceremony. She really is very easy on the eyes and this is coming from a heterosexual female. I can't imagine what it must be like to walk around being so beautiful. I guess people can be really superficial. But I digress...

I disagree.I saw chemistry with Sean. I saw less with Arie( kissing doesn't count) than I have in past weeks.

jmho
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I disagree.I saw chemistry with Sean. I saw less with Arie( kissing doesn't count) than I have in past weeks.

jmho
    Of which you are entitled!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post

jmho
    I hate to admit it since he is my favorite, but I too see less heat between Emily and Arie lately.

Closed Thread