Closed Thread
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree493Likes

Thread: 7/2 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 8 HOMETOWNS **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 7/2 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 8 HOMETOWNS **West Coast Spoilers**

I finally watched most recent (7/2) episode.

Glad Chris is gone. She should have let him go last week.

Jef really looks like a 12 yr old.
    Something is up with Emily's teeth.
    Sean's joke was . . .meh.
    Interesting how when Arie's mom asked her about the breakup with Brad, all Emily could come up with was "I didn't ask the right questions".
    I didn't like Arie's family talking Dutch while Emily just sat there. Awkward.

Notice how whenever Emily greets Ricki she always says "Hey sweet girl" - never calls her by name?

All of the families in ALL of the hometown visits (Bachelor and Bachelorette) appeat to be good looking and financially well off to one degree or another. IIRC Vienna's family lived in a trailer, but they were not destitute. Would be interesting to see average looking people living in a simple rental, disabled, etc.
    Debb70 and AlwaysVeg like this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I've posted the first two dates recap in the RunDown thread. The second two dates with the Rose Ceremony will be posted later.

Thanks for understanding the delay. Ariel
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy View Post
    I saw the scene of Shay/Sean talking and she teared up while talking to Sean and it just reinforces how sincere I think Sean is. Again, I have not heard anyone else talk about Rikki the way he does. It's sweet and real. [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSivLk7fkBI&feature=g-all-u]Sean Lowe and Sister Shay
    In watching that video, I noticed Sean's shoulders heaving nervously when his sister asked him specific questions about his feelings for emily. His body language did not seem to agree with his words.

He also qualified his answers: "If" we're meant to be together...

I think he's more sure about being a dad than he is about being married to Emily.
    Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.

I commented to John "Wolf" on one of his tweets to Sean and said that John was a very supportive friend. He then replied that it is because Sean is the "cat's meow"/ Sean then replied that John hadn't found a wife but he'd found a soulmate. I wish we'd seen more of the jokey and fun personalities on TV. I really wanted to tweet back about a rainbow connection but I don't know how far the southern Christian stereotype goes.
    sclilred1 likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

You know I like the hometown dates, but one thing that drives me nuts is when they go to the parents house or huge ranch...I WANT to see where they live and how they live. It's all nice to go these pretty big homes with pools and a ranch overlooking a lake, but really....I know it's most likely for filming and to make it look nice -- what if they live on top of a store? what if they live with 4 other roommates? I would like to see the reaction Emily would have if that did happen. LOL

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tango7
    Interesting how when Arie's mom asked her about the breakup with Brad, all Emily could come up with was "I didn't ask the right questions".
    Emily could have asked the right questions but I don't think it would have helped her relationship with Brad. When he was asked questions, he talked in circles or got defensive. Even if Emily had in depth conversations with him, both of their issues came out quite quickly once real life hit. She may be asking for more definite answers now, but that will not help her once filming stops.

At most, she's had 4 dates with her F2. Committing to someone that early, and only seeing them in certain scenarios is a terrible way to decide whether they are a good choice to continue dating/marrying/becoming a stepdad. It's like only having a few first dates in your home, thinking they are the bees knees and finding out when you go out in public they treat the waiter poorly, they left their wallet at home or they get into physical fights because some other guy looked at you.

Asking the hard questions may get you the answers you want to hear, but TIME is the only way to see how people are in real life. I'm not saying that any of these guys are lying about what life would be like with them, but it's easy to portray a pretty picture while in the lust/infatuation stage. Actions mean more than words.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7
    All of the families in ALL of the hometown visits (Bachelor and Bachelorette) appeat to be good looking and financially well off to one degree or another. IIRC Vienna's family lived in a trailer, but they were not destitute. Would be interesting to see average looking people living in a simple rental, disabled, etc.
    LOL! I recently watched an episode of Gossip with Getz with Vienna. It is very possible that her next reality show will be an episode of Hoarders. Not sure if she is living with her parents or her boyfriend's parents but the place was a mess. Along with a couple of dogs and a cat. EWWW.
    ilja, Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    In watching that video, I noticed Sean's shoulders heaving nervously when his sister asked him specific questions about his feelings for emily. His body language did not seem to agree with his words.

He also qualified his answers: "If" we're meant to be together...

I think he's more sure about being a dad than he is about being married to Emily.
    Methinks Sean is looking for a more simple life, NOT a high-maintenance wife ... and Emily is definitely high maintenance. I bet Sean wouldn't know or care about Chloe handbags if one hit him over the head. He might even -- God forgive me -- expect his wife to have a J-O-B, at least for a while. I can see these guys falling in love with a beautiful woman who knows all the eyelash-batting and sweetness tricks, but maybe (or maybe not) Sean has some doubts underneath the infatuation about being a slave to the expensive tastes of his wife for the rest of his life. If I were a guy, I would.
    NEPASue, Alexxxx and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    I finally watched most recent (7/2) episode.

Glad Chris is gone. She should have let him go last week.

Jef really looks like a 12 yr old.
    Something is up with Emily's teeth.
    Sean's joke was . . .meh.
    I didn't like Arie's family talking Dutch while Emily just sat there. Awkward.

Notice how whenever Emily greets Ricki she always says "Hey sweet girl" - never calls her by name?

Emily has veneers, and by the way she is always running her tongue over her teeth, she is still getting used to them. That and always playing with her hair are the two little twitches she has that I can't stand.

On the bold - I call my kids nicknames all the time. To the point where if I call my daughter by her name, she says "No Mommy, you call me Honey". I guess I don't see what is wrong with it?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Methinks Sean is looking for a more simple life, NOT a high-maintenance wife ... and Emily is definitely high maintenance. I bet Sean wouldn't know or care about Chloe handbags if one hit him over the head. He might even -- God forgive me -- expect his wife to have a J-O-B, at least for a while. I can see these guys falling in love with a beautiful woman who knows all the eyelash-batting and sweetness tricks, but maybe (or maybe not) Sean has some doubts underneath the infatuation about being a slave to the expensive tastes of his wife for the rest of his life. If I were a guy, I would.
    Of all the guys left, I think Sean is the most serious about the commitment required at the end of this show. That is, if he proposed he would mean it; he doesn't want just a TV proposal. I agree with you about Emily being high maintenance and Sean not wanting that. I don't think Emily would make Sean happy for the long run. Heck, not even for the moderate run. They could have some fun for the short run, but Sean could find that anywhere if that's what he wanted.

I really hope she cuts him loose at F3. I don't want to see him with a broken heart after a real proposal.
    NEPASue likes this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fan

I hope whoever her F2 is she lets them go early or at least doesn't let them get down on one knee and propose, that was just brutal with Ben
    cubsfan55, NEPASue and Debb70 like this.

Closed Thread