Closed Thread
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree493Likes

Thread: 7/2 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 8 HOMETOWNS **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 7/2 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 8 HOMETOWNS **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    You mean like when she got engaged to Brad, or like 99% of the other Bachelor/ettes do? LOL!
    Exactly, but only for the month that the finale is filmed..LOL
    cubsfan55, Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    There have been people on this show that aren't exactly well-off, just not this season. Or, at least not the ones that remain at the end. These guys were hand-picked for Princess Emily. I doubt she would give the time of day to anybody that actually struggled to pay their bills.
    And why would she? She has a child to raise, and money problems frequently are at the basis of resentment and relationship problems, realistically speaking.

I know if I were thinking of "hitching my wagon to his star", I'd want to get a look at his credit report/rating.

I, too, learned the hard way!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 07-03-2012 at 07:55 PM.
    JavaJo and ilja like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by french dip View Post
    I was also wondering....why no low income or middle class people on these shows?
    Well, I recall that Meredith's family was just a regular average family.... their home wasn't grand. And, wasn't Ashley's home in Maine, just an average one? Maybe MF is only going to lovely decorated homes nowadays... I remember that tiny apartment in NYC that Trista went to (can't remember the guy, though!). But lately, I do notice that the homes are nicer than average.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-03-2012 at 11:10 PM.
    fireflyer likes this.

I am daydreaming now. I just looked at houses in the southern US and for what my modest home with a postage stamp yard is worth here I could have myself a pretty sweet house.
    cubsfan55 likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I am daydreaming now. I just looked at houses in the southern US and for what my modest home with a postage stamp yard is worth here I could have myself a pretty sweet house.
    The cost of living is much lower down here than in certain parts of the country. Which also means paychecks are also lower but hey it's all give and take depending on where your priorities lay.

I must admit when I first saw Emily's house, I wasn't sure of the price because you can get a house like that without being loaded mainly depending on where exactly it's located. Though now I am thinking it is in a nicer neighborhood because of her knowledge of high priced luggage and her family vacationing regularly at the Greenbriar.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    And why would she? She has a child to raise, and money problems frequently are at the basis of resentment and relationship problems, realistically speaking.

I know if I were thinking of "hitching my wagon to his star", I'd want to get a look at his credit report/rating.

I, too, learned the hard way!
    She wouldn't.
    cubsfan55 likes this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    She wouldn't.
    She's not about to lower the standard of living she's gained from other people's credit cards and mortgage payments.
    fireflyer, cubsfan55 and NEPASue like this.

Just my thoughts on this week. I liked all the hometown dates and did like this episode better than the last. I figured that Chris would be the one to go (even last week), but I have to say I really liked his family and thought they were a lot of fun. That being said I couldn't picture Emily being happy with him. I see Emily as being someone who has lived a rather effluent lifestyle than most. Not saying that it is a bad thing, but just by the way she talks about the vacations she had growing up and the very expensive luggage are not what most girls her age have experienced unless they have come from money. I have thought for quite a long time that the F3 would be just who they are. I like all the men for different reasons, but try as I might I can't figure out which guy out of those left will be the next one cut. I see Emily displaying the same affection for all of them. Unless they have been extra careful this season with the editing I don't see Emily displaying more affection to one over the other of the F3.

I like Jef and loved Utah. His family obviously has money, but it would bother me if I was getting ready to become engaged to someone and I had not met his parents yet. I know there were lots of siblings there and if she decides it is Jef I am sure that she will meet them at some point down the road. Wasn't he the one who broke it off with a girl because his parents didn't like her? That would still be a concern to me. I thought the letter was sweet, but not something we have not seen before and already on this season with Ryan.

With Arie she has always displayed a physical attraction from the start. I remember him going to her room and all the kissing they did. Then up against a wall in one of the places they visited. Even the bit about finding out he dated the producer seemed to be brushed aside rather quickly and like it was not that big of a deal. I grew up in a family where my grandmother, mom and uncle spoke another language in front of us. Since my grandmother did not speak great English I think my mom and uncle did it more for my grandmother. It never bothered me, or the rest of my family so I guess that is why I did not think it was that awkward. Arie's family didn't keep it up for very long. I agree with the poster who thought of all the families Arie's mom asked the best question when she brought up Brad. They only show us what they want to, but I would hope that a lot more serious questioning went on with all families.

What they showed us was all perfect for all these guys (Emily's favorite word). Sean and his family were great and I loved that little cottage that they had in the backyard for the little girl. I could see Emily being very comfortable right there. One thing I would have liked to see and to tell you the truth I can't remember if they ever have before, but that would be where these three guys live themselves. Especially since the places they visited may be places that Ricki will visit, but I would have wondered because Emily has a child if it ever crossed the producers minds that this is a little different than normal seasons when a child is not involved. They didn't have to stay long, but to at least give Emily an idea of where and how these guys live themselves. Maybe I am being too picky, but while I think it is great that she was taken to their family's homes I still think a quick visit to where they lived could have been a possibility. Maybe it isn't going to matter as they probably will end up buying a new home anyway.

I forget which family asked Emily if she would be willing to move and she said yes. I wonder if that is really true. Emily has her own family, friends, and Ricki's friends that she has to consider leaving. That's another very big step for her to consider. All in all I did enjoy the hometown dates, but have no clue who she will pick or if she will pick any of them. They all seem like great guys and they had to be handpicked to fit Emily and the lifestyle she is accustomed to. These are not your average guys and I think Emily has a very difficult decision to make.
    CrazyDutchWoman and ilja like this.

Well I've finally watched the first two dates and am all caught up. Just a couple of things that struck me.

Emily's red pants. Kind of brought back memories of Ames, but they annoyed me since they were clearly too long and were being stepped on every time she moved. I was amazed that between the length and her sky high heels, she didn't trip and fall and break something.

At the beginning of her date with Chris...when they were in the bar...he kept putting his hand over his mouth. It was as if he was trying to hide the fact that he was laughing. At that point I though, he knows he is not the one and was just going along for the ride. After his dad told him that Emily loved him, I think all of a sudden he thought he was wrong and then when she let him go, I think he was as angry at himself for not trusting his own judgement and getting played, as he was with Emily (and the producers) for playing him. I'm sure he has since bounced backed after his time on the Bachelor Pad and now being part of the great, raunchy Bachelor nation.

Jeff oh so casually dropping the fact that the family home is a ranch that sits on a couple of hundred acres, surrounded by national forest. Emily's eyes sure popped open at the gate of the Holmstead ranch. He said and did all the right things. She lit up around him, did the little skipping dance after they left the family and was beaming during the reading of the letter. That pretty much sealed the deal for me. He is the one she picks. She is just totally different around him...like a giddy school girl. Good luck to them but I am sceptical, as always. The fact that his siblings think he is the wild child, adventurous, and that fact that they both think their life together will be just so cool and awesome, makes me suspect they are both under the spell of the Bachelor bubble. As much as they have both said that they have discussed the fundamentals, I don't know either of them are looking at things realistically. The religion issue is a big question mark for me. Also Emily loves how carefree Jeff is...for now. Sometimes the very things that attract us are the things that in the end, drive us apart. She seems so fundamentally serious and he just wants to be cool. (Well, so does she.) Yes, Jeff makes her act and feel younger, but when push comes to shove, will she be annoyed by that trait in him. Someone previously wrote that Emily is Wendy to Jeff's Peter Pan and I don't know a better analogy. Eventually the fantasy wears thin and the reality takes over. We shall see.

I had seen Arie's date yesterday and thought it went well, despite the awkwardness of the Dutch speak. However, even then I was struck by how she brought up their setbacks. Despite the fact she said they overcame them, now after watching Jeff's date and rewatching Arie's date, that seems even more of a red flag. Also, while she is still clearly attracted to Arie, all she seems to talk about when discussing him is how "crazy hot" he is. Not something to base a relationship on. Not looking good for Arie which is too bad because I really like him and think he is very sweet and funny and yes, hot! I'm sure he will get over things but I think he will hurt nevertheless. He would make a good bachelor.

Sean, Sean, Sean. I really like Sean. Another nice hottie...with good, well behaved, manly dogs, a nice family and an adorable niece who clearly adores her Uncle Sean. The date went well, despite the lame jokes falling flat. I still don't really see the chemistry with these two. The fact that she said he and his family were perfect about a thousand times, just does not bode well. He is her perfect on paper guy but as attractive as she may find him, and as good as she can see he is, and as much tongue as they share, he is just not rocking her world like Jeff or Arie. Frankly, after rewatching this date and comparing it with Jeff's, I don't think he is as into her either. He is clearly not a mushy, wears his heart on his sleeve, kind of guy, but he just had this look on his face throughout the date, that screamed...to me at least...I'm not feeling this as I should. I don't think he will be too heart broken and I hope, like Chris L, he will go back into reality and meet some woman who will trully appreciate him and love him like he deserves.

After all that, over all, I'm left feeling a little flat and deflated myself after watching and rewatching. I'm not really looking forward to the rest of the season...other than the MTA. I'm actually rather dreading the live After show. Maybe I need to take a break from this show...At least while BB is on and until the next Bachelor is announced.
    Last edited by Midol; 07-04-2012 at 12:03 AM.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

FORT Fogey

Yes, I think Jef is F1 and Arie F2, then bingo ... Arie is the next Bachelor (after Roberto, perhaps). And that was me who made the Wendy and Peter Pan analogy. Emily is trying to recapture some easy-breezy carefree years, and it ain't gonna work!

Closed Thread