Closed Thread
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree493Likes

Thread: 7/2 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 8 HOMETOWNS **West Coast Spoilers**

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: 7/2 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 8 HOMETOWNS **West Coast Spoilers**

Have to admit that I didn't see anything in ANY of the guys this season. Didn't know that Jef was LDS. They strike me as more EXclusive than INclusive. Between that AND the skateboard, that would be enough for me to detour!
    fireflyer and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

We have to remember that Emily is 26 and Jef is 27...for some of us, they could be our kids. They are still young, if they want to ride skateboards, play video games, etc., who cares. Kids are growing up so fast now, that I think they forget to enjoy the fun things in life.

I am 61, and I love playing RPG games on my Nintendo DS and my Ipad...it's my relaxation. Now, if I wasn't afraid I would fall and break my neck, I would still jump on a skateboard too. LOL Hobbies shouldn't be age restricted. if you enjoy it, do it.

Maybe being from California and still on the Westcoast, I still see tons of skateboards as a mode of transport...cheaper than gas.

We also can make judgements from the edited versions we see on TV. I'm going to trust Emily's judgement, that she chose the person she fell in love with. She has spent a lot more time with these guys, than any of us.

I think she will choose what is right for her
    Last edited by crzndeb; 07-03-2012 at 03:39 PM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Have to admit that I didn't see anything in ANY of the guys this season. Didn't know that Jef was LDS. They strike me as more EXclusive than INclusive. Between that AND the skateboard, that would be enough for me to detour!
    Jef has said he's not practicing, and I'm not LDS but I have many friends who are and they are very friendly and welcoming and inclusive, they always want to convert so they have no reason the be exclusive, lol
    nanarama likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I agree, except in Emily's case I don't think she's trying to further her career as much as find a career in the first place. Her history tells us she would like a career in front of the cameras, but she comes across as too plastic, too stepford-y, too deliberate, not at all sincere. I don't think I've seen a genuine emotion cross her face in two seasons.
    I have also thought about stepford wives when thinking about Emily. Also, I like the curved stairway and banister in Emily's house. Emily finally put her right hand on the back of Chris' head while kissing him... so at least there was some feeling and attraction. I noticed Sean and Emily's open mouthed kisses during the past two episodes. I've read that the producer/director sometimes tells couples when they should kiss, just like actors in movies. When Sean ran after Emily's car, it reminded me of Ames running after Jacqui's car during the Bachelor Pad. Sean has a good attitude/personality, but Jef and his family have more money. Arie doesn't seem particularly warm or friendly.

I see physical chemistry with Arie, but I don't see her that 'into him' in every other way. I think Sean might be the perfect specimen of a man and they'd make gorgeous babies together, but I'm not seeing a lot of chemistry there either. Sean is a bit reserved, and Emily can be a bit goofy. She wants someone that can roll around on the grass with her and Ricki, and I don't see Sean doing that. She also seems to want someone to "court" her a bit, and Sean has been a bit aloof about his feelings up till now.

Even though I at first had my doubts, I think she will select Jef. Do I think it will last? Not sure... and I have several thoughts as to why. YES he is intelligent, fun loving, smart, educated, determined and passionate. I think they have fun and make each other laugh, but I'm not sure how much of a father figure he can be right now. I can imagine Sean walking around in her home in NC, even Arie. Jef, I can almost picture sliding down the banister with Ricki. I don't think he's "there" yet when it comes to being a dad.

I can also see a bit of an issue with the faith. You could hear an overdub last night when he said his parents were doing "charity work". The words "charity work" were overdubbed, I can bet a buck he said "their mission". There is nothing wrong with the LDS faith and I have many friends that are, but I'm wondering how that would work for Emily, especially with her daughter. Jef might not be 'practicing' but his family certainly is, and I'm sure that could be a concern in the future!

So in our final three we have the Hunk, the Adventurer, and Mr. Playful. I think Emily will go with her heart and pick Playful. You could see it in her eyes when he was reading her his letter.

Cookie
    fireflyer and Midol like this.

I have to be honest. I'd like Sean for myself! lol

When Sean was talking about why he hasn't fully committed before, I wondered if he is the kind who just can't. Recall he said that if he just knew that he was not into the relationship fully, he would not allow the woman to give her heart to him. Sometimes that is code for : I can't make myself happy with any one woman. Even when I think I'm in love, I can't settle on her, because I'm not sure something better won't come along."

Still, I may be wrong. There are plenty of guys who have committed to one woman in the past, but still have trouble with staying in a relationship. It's never a certainty. Still, I would find Sean more appealing in the husband department.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Chris's family looked like the only "average" family in the bunch. The others looked like they had quite an affluent lifestyle.
    And I was thinking even Chris's family were much more well-off than average. Moreso than me and my family and friends.
    I was also wondering....why no low income or middle class people on these shows?
    If they were to ever come to my house or any of my family's homes for a HTD, we'd be all cramped up in a small kitchen or hangin on the front porch.
    I guess we're too "real" for reality tv.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    IMO the letter was something an immature young man would do for a girlfriend when he was in high school or college. Sweet, but odd. I think Emily was flattered, but not really that wild over it. He's sweet, but not husband material. When he was standing there for the rose ceremony, he would have fit in well for a prom date. lol

Chris has something going on. Why so jumpy? He had issues.

Ari just annoys me. Maybe it's his hairstyle. I think a new one would go a long way. She seems crazy over him, but that doesn't fool me. You never really know.

I like Sean more each week. In fact, I really think he may be able to do better than her, so I'm no longer thinking she should pick him. I hate to see him hurt, but he could just be lucky and dodge that bullet.
    Exactly what I've been saying. Everything he says and does seems so juvenile, and I think his older brother who knows him better than Emily does or we do, was wise to point out that Jef has shown absolutely no interest in marriage or children, and now that he is competing for the hot star of the show, he suddenly has done a 180? I realized last night what Jef and Emily's relationship reminds me of: Peter Pan and Wendy. Peter Pan was fun for a while and presented the possibility of all sorts of adventures, but after a while Wendy realized that she couldn't go with him and live in his world. I wish Emily would wake up and realize that, too, but I don't think she will, at least not before she picks him at the end of this, which I really think she's going to do. I'm sorry, but she seems more and more like a ditz to me with this Jef thing, unless she's deeper than she seems, but I dare not hope. I agree about Sean, too. He'd be the best choice of a husband and father for Ricki, but I think Emily is more in the mindset of going to the prom with the coolest dude in school, no matter what she says.

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    We have to remember that Emily is 26 and Jef is 27...for some of us, they could be our kids. They are still young, if they want to ride skateboards, play video games, etc., who cares. Kids are growing up so fast now, that I think they forget to enjoy the fun things in life.

I am 61, and I love playing RPG games on my Nintendo DS and my Ipad...it's my relaxation. Now, if I wasn't afraid I would fall and break my neck, I would still jump on a skateboard too. LOL Hobbies shouldn't be age restricted. if you enjoy it, do it.

Maybe being from California and still on the Westcoast, I still see tons of skateboards as a mode of transport...cheaper than gas.

We also can make judgements from the edited versions we see on TV. I'm going to trust Emily's judgement, that she chose the person she fell in love with. She has spent a lot more time with these guys, than any of us.

I think she will choose what is right for her
    You mean like when she got engaged to Brad, or like 99% of the other Bachelor/ettes do? LOL!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-03-2012 at 11:08 PM.
    Midol likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by french dip View Post
    And I was thinking even Chris's family were much more well-off than average. Moreso than me and my family and friends.
    I was also wondering....why no low income or middle class people on these shows?
    If they were to ever come to my house or any of my family's homes for a HTD, we'd be all cramped up in a small kitchen or hangin on the front porch.
    There have been people on this show that aren't exactly well-off, just not this season. Or, at least not the ones that remain at the end. These guys were hand-picked for Princess Emily. I doubt she would give the time of day to anybody that actually struggled to pay their bills.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by french dip View Post
    That's because us 'average' families have to work and our young folks can't afford to take off from their jobs for 6 weeks or however long it is. Which might explain why we are all so often surprised by some of their choices. They have different backgrounds and life experiences than most of us.

I would be asking what someone does for a living and if they have their own place and how long they have been in their current job and if they have a checking account, blah, blah, blah. Of course, I learned I needed to ask those questions the hard way.

Closed Thread