Closed Thread
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree493Likes

Thread: 7/2 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 8 HOMETOWNS **West Coast Spoilers**

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Re: 7/2 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 8 HOMETOWNS **West Coast Spoilers**

Jef, the F1? I don't understand why, as he looks and acts like such a "boy". Come to think of it, she so often acts like a little girl, so they may be the match made in heaven. Doubt it would last though. After the HTD, she should forget Arie. If she wouldn't fit into that family, her daughter definitely would not. Now Sean... if she has any smarts, he is the perfect one. Not sure for her though. Should be interesting to learn who she chooses.
    Photobabe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy View Post
    My thoughts on last night's epi:
    She used the word perfect too much with Sean, which is always a red flag. DeAnna/Jeremy come to mind. Jillian/Jake. Only Sean seems mostly sincere to me. He is genuine about his lifestyle and serious about marriage. I do think there is some producer prodding with him going after Emily. They have no doubt nudged him or encouraged him to go after her, but I get the feeling it is because he genuinely wants to see her again. I saw the scene of Shay/Sean talking and she teared up while talking to Sean and it just reinforces how sincere I think Sean is. Again, I have not heard anyone else talk about Rikki the way he does. It's sweet and real. Sean Lowe and Sister Shay Talk - YouTube

Jef seems fun. I thought his letter was sweet, but I'm not seeing him in the big picture. He says the right things that she needs to hear though, so I could see her attaching herself to that. Sean in his conversations with Emily isn't necessarily hitting the right emotional beats. He's just not that kind of guy, and he even told his dad he has had trouble in the past being vulnerable. I get the feeling that Sean is a guy that could show you better than he could tell you, however.
    I like what you wrote about Sean, and I think that Sean "never having given himself completely to anyone in the past" comes with a price. I look back on my past and can see how I let some of the really good guys go, because I was locked in on this image that I had in my head of what I THOUGHT that I needed in a husband. I wasn't one who fell easily, except when it came to the guys that were I guess, for a better choice of words, somewhat of a bad boy who was entirely wrong for me. I don't think that Emily is right for Sean, no more than I think that Sean is right for Emily. I think that Emily has many of the qualities that Sean is attracted to, but I think that they both want different things in the long run.

I get the idea that Sean might have to allow some women into his life that don't necessarily appear to meet all of his criteria. And I say that with the utmost respect and love for Sean, because I believe that he has sincerely being authentic while on this show. My hope for him is that he can see how it is better to go into a relationship with little or no expectations, have an open mind and give it a real chance to be more than he could have ever dreamed it would be. He says that he learned a lot about himself along the way. So, I hope that this is just the beginning for him and that he will find his happy ever after as well.
    NEPASue, Luvvy, Alexxxx and 2 others like this.

FORT Fan

Man some people sure are going to be surprised when Jef and Emily get married live at the ATFR........ I kid, I kid

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I know I'm in the minority, but I really like Jef. I think he is adorable and I like the youthful side to him. I like all three of the remaining guys, but I have a soft spot for Jef.
    I am never impressed with a "grown man" who comes with a skateboard....between that and video games, which sends the loudest red flag? I do think that Emily and Jef do make a good couple, though. She's more adult because she has to be, with a child she's, responsibly, rearing. Jef seems very accepting of her daughter and her station in life. It will be between Jef and the big blond guy. Jef is just sooo young.

I'm glad she gave Chris the boot. His unpredictable aggressive control would bring nothing but trouble down the road. He's good looking, but potentially dangerous and controlling from what I've seen. He was super-angry and shocked at being eliminated. Good riddance! Smart move, Emily!

Now that I think about it, I don't think that Emily and Ricky are ready to be married to ANYBODY. I think that Emily should just take her time and work on something else, of her own choosing.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 07-03-2012 at 02:04 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I wonder if Emily wants to pick a guy that when all is said and done, she can't marry because there are issues they can't overcome. Like with Jef. While his religion may not be an issue now, I can see how she could downplay it, but when it really comes down to converting to the LDS church and she finds out what that entails, she may use that as her excuse. I have read here that Jef downplays the Mormon issue and may not be practicing his religion right now. Still, I don't buy that. I think it may give her an excellent exit strategy.

With Ari, she could say that his schedule became just too hectic and there was not much time for her and her daughter, so she had to walk away. Good exit strategy there.

With Sean, hmmmmmm.........it may be more difficult to formulate an exit strategy with him.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    It was interesting that the producers showed the conversation between Jef and his brother, where his brother mentioned that Jef has never seemed interested in marriage and children. Of course, Jef would say that was before Emily
    This is so funny, because there is a commercial on tv (maybe AT&T or Verizon) of this girl and guy in a speed dating venue. The girl has pulled him up on her iphone, is reading every cheesy line that he feeds her, and continually throws them back at him. At the end of the commercial he spouts off the line "but that was before I met you".

I, like you, am also wondering if Jef is at a point in his life where he is really ready to settle down.
    Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I never asked what a bluff was. I think someone else may have.I took holidays around 'true' bluffs
    That was me thanks for the explanation.

I watched last night all the way through for the first time. I have been keeping up with what is going on based on what you all have said. This F3 reminds me a lot of Jillian's F3. My thoughts:

Arie - she really likes Arie (like Reid). That being said, there is something off about that relationship. I think it is lust more than love, and maybe a bit of nostalgia to think about that lifestyle again.

Sean - Sean is the perfect one that she wants to like (like Kiptyn). But I don't see that she really does have these deep feelings for him. She wants to like him and I think she feels like he is the one she should like. She is waiting for the light switch to go off. I don't think it's going to. Side note though, after watching last night, I'M in love with Sean!!! I even had a dream about him after I went to sleep!

Jef - my opinion only, Jef is her F1. That letter he read her last night sealed the deal for her. When he was talking about teaching Rikki sports, she closed her eyes and started to cry. THAT is what she is looking for. Whether he meant it or not is up for debate (I personally think he did), but that sealed it for him. He brings out a playfulness in her that she has not had for a long time - he lets her remember how old she is, and there is nothing wrong with that. My own personal experience - my husband loves to play video games and do stupid stuff like that. He and I have a great time and can be very childish sometimes. It's fun and it keeps us happy. But we are also parents and we know there is a time and a place for everything. My husband is a wonderful father and is completely capable of turning it on and off. He is also capable of being the fun dad that our kids love to play with, when it is appropriate. Our kids adore him. I see that in Jef. Yes, he likes to have fun and is a little quirky. I also see a lot of maturity in him. Going beyond the outside looks, he has his head squarely on his shoulders - he runs his own company and he is close to his family. That says a lot about him. Will they last? I have no idea. But I don't think just because he is fun or rides a skateboard means that he can't be a good dad.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue View Post
    That was me thanks for the explanation.
    Aww come on, thought you were just bluffing

I am never impressed with a "grown man" who comes with a skateboard
    I am more impressed by the skateboard -than I am with the arrival via a helicopter.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Good points above about Jef, but I still can't see a grown women wanting to marry him. If she does pick him, I will LOL.

Closed Thread