Closed Thread
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree493Likes

Thread: 7/2 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 8 HOMETOWNS **West Coast Spoilers**

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: 7/2 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 8 HOMETOWNS **West Coast Spoilers**

Emily's blog is posted in its thread.

Fanny - from dictionary.com Bluff (n) a cliff, headland, or hill with a broad, steep face.

Okay it may not have been a true bluff, more like the top of a hill with rock outcroppings.
    cubsfan55 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Chris's family looked like the only "average" family in the bunch. The others looked like they had quite an affluent lifestyle.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Emily's blog is posted in its thread.

Fanny - from dictionary.com Bluff (n) a cliff, headland, or hill with a broad, steep face.

Okay it may not have been a true bluff, more like the top of a hill with rock outcroppings.
    I never asked what a bluff was. I think someone else may have.I took holidays around 'true' bluffs
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Chris's family looked like the only "average" family in the bunch. The others looked like they had quite an affluent lifestyle.
    I had family that moved from Northern New Jersey (where home prices are quite steep) to Texas for a job transfer. I could not believe how much home you get for so little money down there. It's true what they say that everything is bigger in Texas! So, perhaps Sean's family is not that affluent after all. Oh my gosh, though, I could not believe that backyard cottage for the granddaughter! What little girl wouldn't love that?
    NEPASue and Midol like this.

FORT Fan

Loved this week, OMG Jef just keeps making me fall more and more in love with him! And that letter, be still my heart! I was even getting teary eyed. I think the way Emily was looking at him during that letter says it all. Arie and Sean are great guys but I think it's gonna be Jef.

PS. Was I the only one who started feeling kinda scared for Emily sitting on that bench with Chris? Yikes! Glad he's gone
    nanarama and JavaJo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I was just embarrassed for Ryan every time he read one of his poems.

Jef's letter said all the right things and apparently it served its purpose because Emily liked it, but why did he just sit there and read it like a textbook? Seems like it would have been a lot more moving if he had handed her the letter, told her to read it later when she was alone, but then told her a couple of the important points with some feeling in his voice. It sounded so flat and insincere when I know it really wasn't.

Then they could show Emily reading it later, with Jef's voice in voiceover, and her honest reaction to it. As a viewer, that's what I'd rather see. It would be a lot easier to buy that he had genuine feelings for her.

Man, I could so produce this show ...
    I would just like to add this. For ME - let me repeat that this is JMO - I felt like that letter would have been better suited for the FRC or even the LCD. I mean, what else is there left to say to Emily at the FRC (if Jef is the F1) that wasn't said in that letter? So, from my point of view, that would seem to fall under the "peaked too soon" category, even though I wouldn't call it that and don't see it that way. So, I think I would have to say that it was a little too soon for a speech like that....JMHO.
    BTW, french dip, Luvvy and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I had family that moved from Northern New Jersey (where home prices are quite steep) to Texas for a job transfer. I could not believe how much home you get for so little money down there. It's true what they say that everything is bigger in Texas! So, perhaps Sean's family is not that affluent after all. Oh my gosh, though, I could not believe that backyard cottage for the granddaughter! What little girl wouldn't love that?
    I wanted that little backyard house for my youngest granddaughter.She would think she was in heaven

When my daughter was young, we lived few doors away to a very big family. They converted a garden shed, into a little replica of their main house. She wasn't allowed to go over and play in it, so we loved it from afar! LOL

I love Utah, the mountains & the fresh air - all very very nice
    -Andy Rooney-

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I agree, except in Emily's case I don't think she's trying to further her career as much as find a career in the first place. Her history tells us she would like a career in front of the cameras, but she comes across as too plastic, too stepford-y, too deliberate, not at all sincere. I don't think I've seen a genuine emotion cross her face in two seasons.
    I was going to ask.... what career??
    tango7, NEPASue, Alexxxx and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    I was going to ask.... what career??
    Isn't she an actress on a reality show
    fireflyer, cubsfan55 and Midol like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

IMO the letter was something an immature young man would do for a girlfriend when he was in high school or college. Sweet, but odd. I think Emily was flattered, but not really that wild over it. He's sweet, but not husband material. When he was standing there for the rose ceremony, he would have fit in well for a prom date. lol

Chris has something going on. Why so jumpy? He had issues.

Ari just annoys me. Maybe it's his hairstyle. I think a new one would go a long way. She seems crazy over him, but that doesn't fool me. You never really know.

I like Sean more each week. In fact, I really think he may be able to do better than her, so I'm no longer thinking she should pick him. I hate to see him hurt, but he could just be lucky and dodge that bullet.

Closed Thread