Closed Thread
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree493Likes

Thread: 7/2 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 8 HOMETOWNS **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 7/2 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 8 HOMETOWNS **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    last week Jef and Emily hit common ground about marriage and kids. This week he wrote the letter and read it to her on the hometown date while seated on a bluff, much like Ryan did for Trista. Both men expressed their love in their letter and poem. I see his progression with Emily much like Ryan with Trista. If we hear him call for the check next week, I'll roll on the floor laughing.
    WTH is a bluff??? I thought Ryan was such a cornball with the poetry thing. But apparently Trista loved it. Maybe most women love that sort of thing...to me it's a little weird, lol...then again, I don't like that much attention, either.

I remember Ryan with the "check, please" thing! He had a funny side to him and after the show ended, I could see how they fit so perfectly together. Ah, the days when people went on the Bachelor to actually find love & not to further a career!

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    Emily is physically attracted to Arie, she is emotionally attracted to Jef, and Sean is a combination of the two of them. I really think that Sean is the best of the three for her, but I think that she is going to be a tough wife for anyone. She is very entitled, and very very opinionated. I just really hope that all three of these guys get away from her. However, Arie bugs me so I would wish her on him more than the other two.
    Agree with everything but the last sentence. For me it's Jeff. He bugs me the most so I wish her on him, but I've always thought once the bloom is off, I bet she will be hard to live with no matter who she ends up with from the show or in real life.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

FORT Fogey

I was just embarrassed for Ryan every time he read one of his poems.

Jef's letter said all the right things and apparently it served its purpose because Emily liked it, but why did he just sit there and read it like a textbook? Seems like it would have been a lot more moving if he had handed her the letter, told her to read it later when she was alone, but then told her a couple of the important points with some feeling in his voice. It sounded so flat and insincere when I know it really wasn't.

Then they could show Emily reading it later, with Jef's voice in voiceover, and her honest reaction to it. As a viewer, that's what I'd rather see. It would be a lot easier to buy that he had genuine feelings for her.

Man, I could so produce this show ...
    fireflyer, NEPASue, Coco46 and 3 others like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Ah, the days when people went on the Bachelor to actually find love & not to further a career
    I think thats the problem. Yes you can suspend belief when you watch this show But in everyone's minds, they are choosing who will be on the bachelor Pad. Who will be the next bachelor .I think the bloom is off the rose - quite literally.

I still have questions in my mind as to why Emily is doing this show. In some of the moments where she is supposed to be so very upset, she is fiddling with her hair, smoothing it down. Sticking her tongue around her mouth or her teeth. She thinks Sean is prefect? I think she wants to come across on screen as perfect all the time. Its just my gut reaction to her.I am not 100% sure she isn't doing to further her career.
    Luvvy, Alexxxx and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think thats the problem. Yes you can suspend belief when you watch this show But in everyone's minds, they are choosing who will be on the bachelor Pad. Who will be the next bachelor .I think the bloom is off the rose - quite literally.

I still have questions in my mind as to why Emily is doing this show. In some of the moments where she is supposed to be so very upset, she is fiddling with her hair, smoothing it down. Sticking her tongue around her mouth or her teeth. She thinks Sean is prefect? I think she wants to come across on screen as perfect all the time. Its just my gut reaction to her.I am not 100% sure she isn't doing to further her career.
    I agree, except in Emily's case I don't think she's trying to further her career as much as find a career in the first place. Her history tells us she would like a career in front of the cameras, but she comes across as too plastic, too stepford-y, too deliberate, not at all sincere. I don't think I've seen a genuine emotion cross her face in two seasons.
    Luvvy and AlwaysVeg like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

HTD's done and over.

Chris - I knew he was just filler. His dad totally spoke out of turn about Emily's feelings - yikes!

Jeff - I have to agree still a pup. He is even acting like this is puppy love. He keeps equating his love for Emily to a fairy tale, and he still come off as too young for Emily. I do love where he lives though. Utah looked beautiful. I have to wonder what his parents would have thought. Were they really away on some charity thing, or did they not want to participate?

Arie - still the best fit for Emily up to this point to me. He was super sexy in his racing gear. He is the only one that Emily seems to have an actual love connection with "I just wanted to kiss him and tell him how much I missed him", not something she said about any of the other guys. I don't think she'd have any problem rejoining the racing world as his wife, she certainly had no problem with it before with Ricky. About the bumps in the road - hello to a real relationship! No relationship or person is perfect (*cough* Sean *cough*). At least with Arie she knows how they fight together (very important) and that they have no problem getting past the bumps.

Sean - still seems so fake to me, I don't know why, can't put my finger on it, but it all seems very orchestrated when it comes to Sean, much more so than with any of the other guys. It's almost like you can hear the producers... "ok Sean, now lean in a little bit to your left, Emily put your right hand on his leg. Sean, you need to smile a tiny bit more. Emily try to show some feelings. Oh! Perfect moment for some drama! Sean, run after the car and get another kiss in!" Bleh.

Well no shocker that Chris went home. I am going to say it's Sean's turn to go next week. Arie and Jeff as the F2. Unless something major happens next week that is.
    NEPASue, Coco46 and Midol like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I agree, except in Emily's case I don't think she's trying to further her career as much as find a career in the first place. Her history tells us she would like a career in front of the cameras, but she comes across as too plastic, too stepford-y, too deliberate, not at all sincere. I don't think I've seen a genuine emotion cross her face in two seasons.
    I think in all fairness to her, her face lights up when she sees her daughter I have never wavered from the fact , that nothing brings her joy like her daughter. I dont think anyone on this show will. She may love Sean's family, Jef's trendy looks combined with his bad boy image. or the heat she feels with Arie. All that will soon go away. Her daughter is with her for life and she knows that. I am not sure what she could do on TV land for a career.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 07-03-2012 at 11:09 AM.
    mesachick, Alexxxx and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I was just embarrassed for Ryan every time he read one of his poems.

Jef's letter said all the right things and apparently it served its purpose because Emily liked it, but why did he just sit there and read it like a textbook? Seems like it would have been a lot more moving if he had handed her the letter, told her to read it later when she was alone, but then told her a couple of the important points with some feeling in his voice. It sounded so flat and insincere when I know it really wasn't.

Then they could show Emily reading it later, with Jef's voice in voiceover, and her honest reaction to it. As a viewer, that's what I'd rather see. It would be a lot easier to buy that he had genuine feelings for her.

Man, I could so produce this show ...
    all this time later and I remember Me and You and Shamu I used to sit there watching and try to make up stupid rhymes. I think that was my last season until I started watching again with Jake.
    Alexxxx likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Sean - still seems so fake to me, I don't know why, can't put my finger on it, but it all seems very orchestrated when it comes to Sean, much more so than with any of the other guys. It's almost like you can hear the producers... "ok Sean, now lean in a little bit to your left, Emily put your right hand on his leg. Sean, you need to smile a tiny bit more. Emily try to show some feelings. Oh! Perfect moment for some drama! Sean, run after the car and get another kiss in!" Bleh.

Well no shocker that Chris went home. I am going to say it's Sean's turn to go next week. Arie and Jeff as the F2. Unless something major happens next week that is.
    I can't agree more, especially after last week with him "running the streets" to look for Emily. So phony...not that I doubt his feelings are real and that he is a genuine guy. I hope she lets him go at F3 & agree about Jef & Arie being her F2.
    mesachick likes this.

FORT Fogey

She dodged a bullet with Chris - he was always so pissy in the house, and now his behavior about going home? Anger?

Closed Thread