Closed Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree493Likes

Thread: 7/2 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 8 HOMETOWNS **West Coast Spoilers**

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Re: 7/2 The Bachelorette 8: Episode 8 HOMETOWNS **West Coast Spoilers**

Uh, Fanny...last week Jef and Emily hit common ground about marriage and kids. This week he wrote the letter and read it to her on the hometown date while seated on a bluff, much like Ryan did for Trista. Both men expressed their love in their letter and poem. I see his progression with Emily much like Ryan with Trista. If we hear him call for the check next week, I'll roll on the floor laughing.

Sean is too perfect. He has a loving family that has done well for themselves. Their granddaughter has a perfect princess cottage for a playhouse. He has two very well behaved dogs. They even know how to pull off a perfect joke. I really like him, but even with their common southern and faith values, I don't know.

Kissing Arie and kissing Arie. Anyway, the conversation in Dutch was broken up fairly quickly and I think Emily got a sense of family pulling together for him. During her last season she drove a Nascar vehicle (which everyone thought was cruel because of Ricky) and this year she gets to ride in an Indie car which side of the racing world is unfamiliar to her. The familiar thing would be Arie traveling around the country and the world a lot...much as Ricky did.

I don't know whether to blame Chris' dad or Emily being too polite for the horrible misunderstanding about the love word. Actually, I thought Chris, even with flashes of anger, took it pretty well. It can now be revealed that Chris is on BachPad 3 - so he has recovered.

Oh, my...do I need to write a recap after this?
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-03-2012 at 01:32 AM.
    nanarama, JavaJo, Midol and 1 others like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Sean isn't too perfect , nobody is. Production and editing make him that way .I love a man that loves dogs though.

She overused the word perfect.Could she not think of one other word ? I still find it funny Jef hasn't mentioned marriage or kids before this show . I guess it all fell into place, Bad boy to family man faster than Aries Indy car

NFL1, fireflyer, bamafan and 1 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Oh, you meant during the talk with his brother...I see what you mean.

Chris Harrison's blog is up in his thread.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I know I'm in the minority, but I really like Jef. I think he is adorable and I like the youthful side to him. I'm sure it doesn't come across on the boards, but in my real life, I'm a lot like him, I guess. I'm always the goofy one in the room, cracking jokes, talking in funny voices and I'm always the first to take a dare. Yet, I raised two sons and am raising my third, have a solid marriage, I pay my bills, have a nice home, etc....all the things grown ups do and have. So that side of Jef doesn't concern me a bit. And I'm sure my husband didn't have kids on his mind when he met me, but he got two right off the bat! I think out of all the guys, Jef is the one she could really make it work with.

I like all three of the remaining guys, but I have a soft spot for Jef.
    NFL1, waywyrd, NEPASue and 3 others like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Oh, you meant during the talk with his brother...I see what you mean.
    Methinks there was more to that conversation
    Mikesgirl83 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I so wish I could see more chemistry between Sean and Emily. I do believe he would be perfect for her and Ricki. He's adorable!

IIRC, she has called Sean honey before but no one else.
    She called one of the guys Honey as they were getting in the car after not getting a rose - Nate or Travis, I think.
    ilja likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by romance writer View Post
    I wasn;t going to watch this season as I did not care for Emily, but I am glad I did because this season was more of what the show should be about without the stupid drama some of the other seasons have had. It really focused on the relationships and the people instead on stupid things like ALi leaving for her job and sobbing in the hallway, or Wes and his crap, and the Vienna types. Emily can be sickening sweet sometimes, but that's better than stupid stuff.
    And don't forget the bewildered look on Jake's face, and Ali staggering down the hallway! I did read that Emily only agreed to do the show if they wouldn't use and abuse her with a "Bentley" type.
    NEPASue likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    If she doesn't feel it for Chris, I hope she took the family Kacie talk to heart and let's him go now before he get's even more attached.
    Chris' sister, Renee, was as concerned about Chris being hurt as Kacie B's father was about Kacie B being hurt. Renee told Emily to "let him go sooner rather than later."

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Chris' sister, Renee, was as concerned about Chris being hurt as Kacie B's father was about Kacie B being hurt. Renee told Emily to "let him go sooner rather than later."
    I got the feeling that she could see the lack of interest on Emily's part for Chris. Good for Renee.

My thoughts on last night's epi:
    She used the word perfect too much with Sean, which is always a red flag. DeAnna/Jeremy come to mind. Jillian/Jake. Only Sean seems mostly sincere to me. He is genuine about his lifestyle and serious about marriage. I do think there is some producer prodding with him going after Emily. They have no doubt nudged him or encouraged him to go after her, but I get the feeling it is because he genuinely wants to see her again. I saw the scene of Shay/Sean talking and she teared up while talking to Sean and it just reinforces how sincere I think Sean is. Again, I have not heard anyone else talk about Rikki the way he does. It's sweet and real. Sean Lowe and Sister Shay Talk - YouTube

Jef seems fun. I thought his letter was sweet, but I'm not seeing him in the big picture. He says the right things that she needs to hear though, so I could see her attaching herself to that. Sean in his conversations with Emily isn't necessarily hitting the right emotional beats. He's just not that kind of guy, and he even told his dad he has had trouble in the past being vulnerable. I get the feeling that Sean is a guy that could show you better than he could tell you, however.

All that being said, I still think Arie is the one she wants at this point. She just seems more open with him and definitely more attracted to him. But I do wonder if it will fizzle out.
    NEPASue, ilja and jucamer like this.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Closed Thread