Closed Thread
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree597Likes

Thread: 6/25 Bachelorette 8: Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 6/25 Bachelorette 8: Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Oh c'mon AlwaysVeg, let's be realistic here. Some women who choose the kid at heart guy don't complain until a couple of babies are born and realize that daddy is never going to grow up. LOL Em's got a couple of years yet.
    A wise old sage once said to be very careful when selecting a mate because what first attracts you is usually what tears you apart.

He's so generous! becomes He's spent all our money and now we're in debt!

He's has so many friends! becomes He chases every skirt in town!

and yes, He's so young at heart! becomes Why can't he just grow up?

Emily needs to take her time and choose very wisely, which is one reason why doing this show is such a bad idea.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

What is with all the cat references on the show? Jef said "Can we get a dog" and Emily replied "no, cats" Are the producers/editors implying that Emily could become the crazy old cat lady?
    Brads gift to Ricki was a kitten.. So I guess dogs are out.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

There were also a lot of feral cats shown on Ali's season. They sort of became a theme, from Chris trying to catch a mouse, to Ali and Roberto feeding a cat on some steps where they took their meal...Greece? I don't think they are doing that this season, but the cats and old men seem to make a nice transition piece from one scene to another.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    I know you aren't being judgmental and are simply trying to understand. Mormons are be quirky. And people have questions.

I think the "heavy restrictions" thing pertains to the younger missionaries more than the older ones. You'd be surprised how closely these kids are watched. I understand it, you've got all these hormone-fueled teenagers being sent around the world - someone has to keep their horny little butts busy teachin' the bible stories. It's not difficult to distract these kids. They are even restricted as to the music they listen to, all sorts of things.

I've never known of anyone being visited on their mission, although a poster above said she's known it to happen. And like others, I think nothing good can happen because of a visit from the Batchelorette group. The church tends to frown on that kind of distraction.

I hope that wasn't too much, too off topic. If I was out of line - it wasn't intentional.

And yes, I do think that was a "crazy cat lady" joke between Emily and Jef. I thought it was cute.

It is uncommon, though not unheard of, for a younger missionary (19-25) to be visited in the mission field. When you leave to serve you are told you will not be returning home for weddings, births, funerals etc. This is part of the sacrifice that missionaries make. While it may not make sense on the surface as part of the larger, defining experience, it makes perfect sense. I have known parents or relatives to travel on business to the same area their child is serving in, they are normally granted permission to visit. Young missionaries have a strict schedule that they keep. My own sons have said it would have been too distracting to them if we had seen them during that time. Older, couple missionaries, of which Jef's parents are have different rules and schedules. They are able to accept and make phone calls home. My friends have spoken to their parents on a weekly basis. While the couple does not usually travel outside of their mission assignment they can be visited by family and even friends. At the same time Jef's parents have accepted a large responsibility and it would be difficult for them to set it aside, nor, do I suspect would they want to. This is completely understandable within our culture and NOTHING should be read into them not being available. Also, because of their responsibilities and committment to the mission it would be inappropriate for them to invite television cameras into their mission service. As far as the rest of Jef's family, I think he stated during his interview, one of his sisters-in-law submitted his Bachelorette application. Sounds as if they are supportive.

I have to give the production people props this time. I cannot figure out who she picks. Chris is the only guy I know is going home.
    nanarama and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Emily's wearing her clydesdale shoes.
    Was she wearing them with her everyday, sequined shorts? I swear this woman carries that little bedazzler around with her
    NEPASue, nanarama and Alexxxx like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Jeff is a nice guy and I really like Mormons. (Wanted to join the church at one time in my life.) However, he seems so young. I know he's 27, but he looks not much older than Justin Beiber. Emily definitely could be his older sister. IMO Sean has the sex appeal that Jeff doesn't bring just yet.
    NEPASue and Midol like this.

Emily's blog is posted in its thread.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    With his knowledge of purses, luggage and all the stuff he's said so far.....this guy has done some homework. He's got a Master's Degree in Emily Arts. And he is good enough to make it seem sincere. I'm not saying he's insincere, just that he's really good. I hope it's for realsies. )
    I am pretty sure that it has already been mentioned that Michelle Money's brother and Jef are friends, so I have no doubt that Jef did his homework and might have even gotten a little inside information on Emily. Jef is most definitely saying everything that Emily wants to hear. And especially after this episode, Jef has now moved over into the "player" category in my mind. He seems just a little too smooth to me, and he might have been told early on that his best bet when he got on the show was to play a little hard to get, since that would make Emily that much more interested in him.

And I agree that there has been a lot of producer manipulation this season, with all the "sneaking out" and such. But the rose ceremony last night was laughable. I am sure that Emily was told to take Chris instead of John, since she had zero interest in either of them, and Chris was the one who was providing the most drama. AND Chris was probably told by production that if he did not get a rose before the last one was going to be handed out that he needed to interrupt the rose ceremony. AND Chris' handler had probably been feeding into his feelings of anxiety and desperation. I believe that this could possibly be why we saw Emily saying how she hated to send someone home after she had met his family, because does anyone actually think that Chris will make it to the F3 after last night?

In all honesty the 1-on-1 dates and the 2-on-1 and 3-on-1 group dates this season have been the most boring while the group dates with more guys participating have been the most fun to watch. So, with that being said, I see Arie, Jef and Sean pretty much even at this time - all of them offering different things. It is really hard to judge how Emily really feels about any of those three, because I do think that she is giving them each the feeling that they are the one that she likes the best right now. I say that because they all keep saying that their "connection" with is the best.

And I think that all three of them have a good sense of humor and can make her laugh, because I see 3 entirely different personalities, each with their own brand of humor. Out of the 3, though, I do see Jef as having the most juvenile sense of humor. That might appeal to some, but not to everyone. And now knowing that Jef used the "F" word at the end of their 1-on-1 date last night and Emily found it so funny leaves me scratching my head. Who would have thought that throwing out an F-bomb to someone who is being portrayed as such a sweet Christian lady would have been the way to her heart? But I guess if Jef did his research on Emily, then he would have discovered that she has said that she likes a bit of a bad boy, so he just threw in an F-bomb for good measure.
    J.D., luvlady345, bamafan and 5 others like this.

FORT Regular

I also feel that Jef had inside information from Doug and Michelle about Emily. People have said they felt that Arie had an advantage because of his relationship with Cassie, but I feel Jef's friendship with Doug and Michelle was worse. I believe that Emily would have let Jef go early if Doug (or Michelle) hadn't called her before the show to tell her to give Jef a chance since he was a good guy. He was too standofish at first and she let others go when they didn't step up the pursuit. I also don't think he would have said anything about Kalon's baggage comment if the guys hadn't alreadly told her. He was definitely telling her what he thought would impress her. Unlike the other guys, he knew ahead of time how she felt about the guys not "having her back". Of all of the guys reasons for not saying anything, I think Arie's was the most honest.

As for Chris, she should have let him go weeks ago. He looks too much like Brad and now shows a temperament similar to Brad's. I think she kept him because of the "looks" but when she saw the temper, it changed her mind. I think she wanted to send both John and Chris home last night.

If she marries Jeff, doesn't she have to be a mormon too? Well either way, he is not allowed to marry in the temple which is very important for mormons.

Closed Thread