Closed Thread
Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree597Likes

Thread: 6/25 Bachelorette 8: Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 6/25 Bachelorette 8: Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

So are we supposed to believe that Sean just ran all over Prague shouting Emily's name in the darkness to the extent that he finally just ran into her at random? They've shown such little interaction between them that it's hard to believe all the references to how much she missed him.

I don't like HTDs where they don't meet the parents. Makes it seem like a farce, because the lead is potentially going to marry into the family, and the parents' opinion is all-important. If the parents exist, they should do whatever it takes to meet them, so Jef should take her to SC and maybe a few of his siblings could meet them there.
    BTW and jucamer like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Because he's 13?

I was just neutral on Jef all season, but now he's gone 'below average' and ready for buh bye.
    I swear, if she chooses Jef and then in a few months she's interviewed complaining about how immature and childlike he is, I'm going to scream! He reminds me of a high school boy, but not even a senior in high school ... and when Emily was talking about her reaction to the news about Arie and the producer, she sounded like she was in high school, too. So, I guess maybe she and Jef are perfect for one another. Two high school kids raising a daughter and having more kids ... "yesterday."
    cubsfan55, Alexxxx and Midol like this.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    So are we supposed to believe that Sean just ran all over Prague shouting Emily's name in the darkness to the extent that he finally just ran into her at random? They've shown such little interaction between them that it's hard to believe all the references to how much she missed him.

I don't like HTDs where they don't meet the parents. Makes it seem like a farce, because the lead is potentially going to marry into the family, and the parents' opinion is all-important. If the parents exist, they should do whatever it takes to meet them, so Jef should take her to SC and maybe a few of his siblings could meet them there.
    Meeting the family is not possible when the mom and dad are on a mission. Missionaries are pretty much sequestered. For lack of a better word, I guess. There is no family reunions or family visits, etc. Phone calls are rare. Letters (snail mail) are encouraged. The higher-ups (no pun) don't want their missionaries to be distracted from their duties.

FORT Fogey

I swear, if she chooses Jef and then in a few months she's interviewed complaining about how immature and childlike he is, I'm going to scream! He reminds me of a high school boy, but not even a senior in high school ... and when Emily was talking about her reaction to the news about Arie and the producer, she sounded like she was in high school, too. So, I guess maybe she and Jef are perfect for one another. Two high school kids raising a daughter and having more kids ... "yesterday."
    ICAM. That having kids 'yesterday' convo just left me shaking my head.

Jef @ Emily -- our next cautionary tale.
    Midol likes this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fogey

Thanks, I understand, J.D.. If it's important to Emily that their families be able to get together for a variety of occasions, and Jef's parents will be in effect grandparents to Ricki, she'd better think carefully about all that.

Sucker for a love story! lisaloo's Avatar

I haven't logged in for a while but I just have to say how much I love Jef and Em. I think they are perfect for each other and I also see the chemistry like Ryan and Trista. I'm hoping they have a happily ever after too.
    sugargoose and Mikesgirl83 like this.
    I love reality TV!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Meeting the family is not possible when the mom and dad are on a mission. Missionaries are pretty much sequestered. For lack of a better word, I guess. There is no family reunions or family visits, etc. Phone calls are rare. Letters (snail mail) are encouraged. The higher-ups (no pun) don't want their missionaries to be distracted from their duties.
    The above quote is true of the single young men and women that go on LDS missions. However, it is not true for the older, married couples who are missionaries or mission presidents. My husband's parents served three missions and various family members visited them on all three missions. And they were able to go sight seeing with us and everything.

However, "hometown date" implies going to where HE lives--so she gets to see what his life is like-home, friends, family-- Since he doesn't live with his parents (and probably hasn't for several years ) going to his hometown would not be where his parents happen to be right now which is a place he has never lived.
    NEPASue and nanarama like this.

Thanks, I understand, J.D.. If it's important to Emily that their families be able to get together for a variety of occasions, and Jef's parents will be in effect grandparents to Ricki, she'd better think carefully about all that.
    I completely agree. However, if this were "real life" rather than a TV show....the couple would wait for his parents to return from their mission to meet the girl (or guy). So, I don't know how they'll play this out if she chooses Jef. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

I know all of this seems foreign to most people, but it's just the way it works around these parts. But, yeah, I would hope he has explained to her what's what and not catch her off-guard by us quirky Mormons.

Quote Originally Posted by poliesmom View Post
    The above quote is true of the single young men and women that go on LDS missions. However, it is not true for the older, married couples who are missionaries or mission presidents. My husband's parents served three missions and various family members visited them on all three missions. And they were able to go sight seeing with us and everything.

However, "hometown date" implies going to where HE lives--so she gets to see what his life is like-home, friends, family-- Since he doesn't live with his parents (and probably hasn't for several years ) going to his hometown would not be where his parents happen to be right now which is a place he has never lived.
    True, but they're not going to let the circus that is The Batchelorette burst into town and interrupt the entire place (where the parents are, I mean). It just won't happen, and in this instance, I don't think it should. (Or maybe I'll end up eating my words. I've been wrong before. This is my opinion based on my experience in my 50 years as a Mormon (although most of the time I've been inactive).
    Last edited by J.D.; 06-26-2012 at 12:18 AM. Reason: clarification

He makes her feel like she's 16 again.
    16 Yes = 2 eight year olds more like it. Sixteen year olds wouldn't be caught dead playing with puppets....They'de be busy making out!!!
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Closed Thread